Dogomania

Cassie has arrived, and she's absolutly beautiful!!!

Aroura

My new papillon, Cassie, got here yesterday. For those who don't know, I got her from a breeder I'd been emailing as I was interested in getting a friend for Montie, and this breeder has an excellent reputation so she was the first breeder I approached. A black and white bitch caught my eye and I asked if she'd be having any litters this year, and the reply was that she has had her time for breeding and is being desexed and finding a good home to go into "retirement". So, seeing as Montie was in dire need of a friend asap, and an older dog would make just as good a friend for Montie as a puppy, I asked if I could have her! So, after a bit of a wait and a lot of preperation and anxiousness I have finally got her! :angel:

As I expected, Montie is falling in love with her already, I wish I had my camera handy because he is snuggled up next to her on the bed right now, its so gorgeous!!! :iloveyou:

She arrived just after 4 o'clock yesterday afternoon. I'd arranged to meet Claire with her at Claires work so we could walk home and go for another walk when she could meet Lily. Claire finnished work at 5pm so pretty much as soon as she got here I had a chance to sit with her for a few minutes before putting on her new walking harness and lead and carrying her out the door. I had Montie on another lead, they hadn't met yet so I carried her until we got to a nearby park where I put her down so Montie could meet her. She was very nervous, being 4 years old and just taken away from everything she's ever known and shoved into this new environment, with new people, dogs, a new house, all new smells etc. She just stood there while Montie sniffed her for a second and then decided to keep walking. So we walked to Claires work and met her there and Claire instantly fell in love with Cassie.

By the time we got home Cassie was still very nervous. I decided to ring dad and get him to take Lily for the night, Cassie had been through enough for one day already so I decided to wait to introduce her to Lily. So Lily has been having a blast over night having a slumber party with Donna! :lol:

So for now I just have two Papillons curled up on the bed, they are so gorgeous. Cassies ears hang lower than Monties, and she has such a softer face. She is a bit scruffy at the moment, she just got desexed two weeks ago and not too long ago had a litter of pups delivered by ceasarian, when for no reason the vet chopped all the fur off her tail! Ontop of all that all the stress that has been going on yesterday and today is making her loose handfulls of fur. Give her time though, with Armidales cold climate and plenty of brushes, pats and massages, and plenty of raw food, she'll fatten up and grow a lovely fluffy coat like Montie has since I've had him - he's so soft and fluffy now!

I can't wait till she's settled in and I can take her to show her off at obedience - Montie always got head turns, but yesterday walking with two Papillons the number of head turns was astounding! Everyone who walked past stared at them smiling :wink:

Well I could ramble on here all day, but I have a new dog to cuddle! Oh... and that assignment thats due too, but Cassie is convincing me she needs my attention more lol :wink:

Yes, there will be photos asap!!! It might be a little while though, because this stupid computer wont download my kodak software so I can only load photos onto the computer at dads, which I then have to put on my web page, and only then can I put them up on dogo!

Hopefully I'll have my own computer soon, Josh is thinking of buying the latest iMac for me to use, which is great because I can't use these bloody PCs and I'll be able to get my kodak software working again! THEN you will be over loaded with pictures, trust me!!! :lol:

Well hopefully I will be going to dads at some stage over the weekend so I will be able to post pics!!! :angel:
I've got some gorgeous shots of her, there's a really cute one of her and Montie looking up at the camera, and another one of Montie that is absolutely TOO cute that I will also have to post :wink:
I'm working on fattening her up at the moment, she absolutly loves chicken necks and she also loves the little meat balls I make, which I'm adding a little extra virgin olive oil and a sprinkle of vitamin supplement on to help her grow a beautiful coat. I'm also working on getting her to go for longer walks, which is going well, the first walk we went on she was tired after a very short while, and I had to carry her for the last bit. Today we went for quite a long walk, and she even found the energy to chase a flock of galahs with Montie, it was so cute! They looked like minature border collies chasing flying feathered sheep! lol. She's all tuckered out now though, lying on the bed with Montie, half asleep with one eye open looking at me. They look so cute together :wink:

Need pics need pics need pics!

I live in Iowa, so I see a few Loteki dogs - I actually groom two littermates to Ch. Loteki Supernatural Being (the dog that won Westminister).

I've always loved paps - my aunt was thinking about getting one from Diandee for awhile, but ended up adopting a mini schnauzer/corgi mix from a mentor of mine (yeah... who know a 14 year old finished champion mini schnauzer could still sire litters... he'd been declared sterile... apparently he wasn't shooting blanks!)

Sizzle, would you have a link to this Loteki Papillon that won westminister, or any photos of his littermates? I'd love to see them!!!

Guess what everone, I'm at dads, I walked all the way here with the dogs (about an hour and a half!) and brought my camera this whole way.... and I forgot the usb!!! So no pictures today :(

But I PROMISE to get them up asap - she's absolutely gorgeous! :angel: