Dogomania

I beat a dog

Seriously. I beat a dog today. Before the lynching, let me plead my case here...

I was at my friend's house just watching tv and minding my business. Peyton (black Standard Poodle) was laying at my feet. Out of nowhere, some kind of bug, or fly, or something landed on her. It scared the crap out of me because it just came out of nowhere and I can't stand things that just drop out of nowhere... 'specially bugs. It looked like a fly, but it wouldn't fly away. In my panic and effort to "help," I grabbed the nearest thing to me which was a nylabone type of toy and began whacking the fly... on the dog. My friend said, "you wanna stop beating my dog with that bone?" :oops: Peyton gave me a look as if to say, "wtf did I ever do to you??" and went and got on the couch... far away from me. My friend said she's glad there wasn't a hammer or tire iron within reach. :oops:

Poor Peyton. :-?

Guest Anonymous

lol. Horsefeathers, I think you will be forgiven for this one. After all you were only trying to protect Peyton form the big mean bug, right?

It gets worse. I got home tonight and was doing some stuff and slung my cell phone. It whacked my Lab, Tucker, right smack in his side as he was soundly sleeping. He's black as night and I didn't even see him laying 2 ft in front of me. I got yet another, "wtf did I ever do to you??" look.

I'm going to bed before I maim or injure anyone else. :-?

Guest Anonymous

lol. You have me cracking up!!
Sounds like a case of bad luck...
I can see it all and cant stop laughing....
I better quit :drinking:

dont feel too bad HF.....while I have no fear of bugs (except cockroaches, and that's a LONG story) I am a klutz supreme...My dogs are used to it. I drop things on them, trip over them, smack them with a dangling purse...
etc.....I also get the WTF? look, but then I say "sorry" and they get over it

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest Anonymous

Well, to add insult to injury, I got ready to go to bed last night. Tucker (the Lab) had decided his best bet was to get as far away from me as possible. Well, why he didn't inform me that he was going into hiding, I don't know, because when I stepped into my bedroom in the dark, I stomped all over poor Tucker who wasn't in HIS bed where he USUALLY is. The more he tried to get up, the more I stomped on him trying to get off him.

I took him out for a car ride today... his favorite thing. :oops:

HF

you come to this forum with a name of "bitchslapper", and say HF has ISSUES???????

some people dont like bugs...deal with it. We have all tripped, accidently kicked, accidently smacked, opened doors and fallen over our dogs...

are you somehow perfect? Maybe it;s just me, but I found that post insulting...

HF, dont worry, Shit happens. Dogs deal with it. They will all forgive you, dont worry...

I would personally welcome more people into the world if they had "issues" like my fellow forum members... who are devoted to their dogs and other people's dogs and dogs they don't even know because guess what, they love dogs and know how to care for them, unlike some of the more ignorant population. :angel: