Dogomania

nutjob

kendalyn

This is the strangest article I've ever read. The author is a total wacko! If you read it at first you'll wonder what the heck it has to do with dogs, but just keep reading :roll:

[url]http://www.american-partisan.com/cols/2003/wade/qtr4/1204.htm[/url]

Here is a rebuttal by another author. It's really good.

[url]http://www.lewrockwell.com/decoster/decoster81.html[/url]

HF, that cracked me up as well. Therapy/Guide dogs are trained to NEVER
"go" in the hospital...they hold it until a proper place is available. I wonder where she got her statistics that there was random dog fecal matter laying about in hospitals? I sent his email to the counter poster...

Karen.

THANK YOU!! I read the Ms. Wade article, and just wanted to jump through the internet and throttle her....this quote, in particular

"Americans are overweight and obese because of dogs. Humans need to exercise with other humans, not with dogs, and exchange ideas in discussions with their fellow man. Dogs actually destroy the lifestyles of their once active owners. "

WHAT???? The only exercise I indulge in., or enjoy, is WALKING MY DOGS!!!

I have two, A Lab Mix and a rescued Foxhound. They have a huge yard to run around
in, but they both go ballistic at the thought that I might walk them, on a leash. A long leash, true, but they are still fettered, and cant run. But they will knock me over to get
to the door for their "walkies"....

I dont go to the gym, I dont think exercising with people is more enjoyable than exercising with my dogs. I dont dislike people, I just prefer to walk with my dogs.
They dont talk too much...After a long day of being on the phone with cranky people
who treat me like I am a non-person ( I do computer technical support) nothing is more relaxing than walking the dogs. They dont care that I am tired, and not walking as fast as they want to, or that they havent been fed yet. They just love to be with me.
no matter what.

How many people could say the same thing about their spouses, their kids, their relatives? this is my "down time"...nothing is expected of me other than that I pay some attention to them, and let them sniff the area.

Thank you for a really insightful article.

Katy Courtney
Elgin, IL.

i'm going to write an email to this ''woman'' and tell her about that article she's insane,i have a disable brother(blind/mute) who is getting a guide dog,when he's older,without whom he might have diffcultities later on with life.if she so upset with the dog then why doesn't she just go and blame God for creating them! gosh! :cry:

People sure can be weird! Only an insane person would believe any of that rubbish!
If I didn't have dogs I probably would sit in the house all day!
She said:
Humans need to exercise with other humans, not with dogs, and exchange ideas in discussions with their fellow man.
I do walk with my friends AND THEIR DOG and we do discuss things, DOGS!
Lots of times I've felt depressed and Jesse made me feel better and get my mind of my problems. Without a dog I'd probably be a wreck and bored stiff!