Dogomania

Excellent news everyone.... Montie is getting a friend!!!

Aroura

I just want to break the great news to you all that I'll be adding another Papillon to the family :angel:

Since I've moved away from Monties best friend, Puddles, he has become
very lonely. He always hassles Lily to play, but she's too big and doesn't know what to do, so he comes to me, dancing around doing play bows, and I feel so guilty that I can't play with him like another dog could, so I decided to go on the search for a friend for him!

I emailed the breeder at Quinvale Kennels:

[url]http://www.users.bigpond.com/quinvale/[/url]

As you can see she's an excellent breeder and I've had my eye on those kennels for quite some time. I always said I'd get a Papillon from those kennels, but I never knew it would be quite so soon! I asked in my email if one particular bitch that caught my eye was having a litter at all this year:

[url]http://www.users.bigpond.com/quinvale/[/url]

She caught my eye, as she obviously looks gorgeous, and looks a little bit like Montie. I received an email back saying that she was being desexed the next week and going to a new home. I wasn't particulary after a puppy, I actually quite liked the idea of getting an adult that wouldn't get tired from Montie! So I asked if she'd found a new home yet, which she hadn't so I told the breeder all about Montie, our house, Lily, what I do with the dogs etc so she could decide weather I would provide a suitable home for Cassie.

She must have been impressed, although I didn't mind paying what ever she asked (within reason), she isn't interested in money and only wants a good home for Cassie which she can trust, so she is giving Cassie to me for nothing! :angel:

Cassie is getting her stitches out on the 12th of this month, after that I have to find a way to transport her and she's mine! :D

I'm so happy, I can't wait to introduce Montie to his new friend!!! He's going to be so happy, and I wont be forever feeling bad that he doesn't have a friend his size.

I'm looking forwards to getting her into agility and obedience and will
keep you all updated on her progress!!!

And of course there will be plenty of pics! :angel:

this is great news !!!!! it's always fun for a dog to have a friend his size to play with....

We own two hovawarts (a mum and her son from a first litter) and they get on like a house on fire !!!

good luck and I hope to see pictures of Cassie very soon !!!! :wink: :wink:

I am very happy for you and Montie!! But I'm curious...why is Cassie being neutered after what sounds like one litter? The story said she threw two show dogs....did she just not quite meet conformation for breeding?

If that's the case, this breeder deserves a lot of kudos. That is a beatiful dog, and if she is holding to standards that highly I greatly respect her.

Hope to see pictures real soon.

:angel:

Guest Anonymous

Yay! Congrats to Aroura and Montie!! :D She's gorgous!

[quote name='courtnek']Iwhy is Cassie being [b]neutered[/b] after what sounds like one litter? The story said she threw two show dogs....did she just not quite meet conformation for breeding?[/quote]

Can females be neutered? :o :wink:

Thanks every one... only 6 days to go until she's mine!

Fabk, your black hoverwart looks so much like my friends dog!!! She was found in my friends mothers yard, lying on the front doorstep on deaths bed, if she had gone another day without food she would have starved to death. She has been abused and is very nervous of people and strange situations. I couldn't for the life of me pick what breeds she could be, my closest guess was probably kelpie saluki cross or something, but now, although they are rare and its quite unlikely, I'm thinking there's a possibility she may have some hoverwart in her! Hopefully I'll get some photos of her up here some day.

Courneck, I never actually asked how many litters she's had - I know the site hasn't been updated for a very long time now so I think that may have something to do with it. I think she has some very good dogs from her lines though, I know of some in the US going back to her lines. Although 2 show dogs doesn't neccessarilly mean only two were of show quality, probably last time the site was updated Cassie would have only been 2, and Paps only have about 3 pups per litter, plus this breeder doesn't over breed her dogs by any means and sells a lot to just pet homes. Good eye though Courtneck, I didn't even realise it said that! :wink:

TDG, well there is no way I can no 100% they will get along, but I know Cassie has lived around other Paps her whole life, and Montie has for most of his so hopefully they will be happy to see a familiar face. Also, once Montie gets to know another little dog he always falls in love with it, plus with Cassie being a girl hopefully they wont have the same sex battles going on between them.

Mei-Mei, they are addictive, and you can never just have one, the temptation to get another one is just too strong :evilbat: :lol:

Thats so sad, it breaks my heart to hear of such a wonderfull, happy little breed being so ill bred and treated so badly. I'm glad to hear her life was looking up before she died though. The hole in the heart was most likely from bad breeding, Papillons are a very hardy little breed which don't generally get many genetic disorders, all of Monties ancesters went under anesthetic and underwent all sorts of tests before he was brought into this world, and I'm sure Cassie is the same! Did your friend end up getting another dog? I hope this experience didn't put her off the breed :cry:

I sure did get a great find though, there aren't many Papillons in Australia so I did a search for some of the dogs in Monties pedigree to see if he was related to her. Well a couple of the other dogs at the same kennel were actually related to him! I was so proud, then I realised that the reason Cassie isn't related is because her lines are completely from the UK! :lol:

Five more days to go... I went and bought her a harness and a bowl today... its finally starting to sink in that I'm getting another dog! :angel:

[quote name='HazelNutMeg']Yay! Congrats to Aroura and Montie!! :D She's gorgous!

[quote name='courtnek']Iwhy is Cassie being [b]neutered[/b] after what sounds like one litter? The story said she threw two show dogs....did she just not quite meet conformation for breeding?[/quote]

Can females be neutered? :o :wink:[/quote]

sorry Shara..."neutered" is actually a generic term for any kind of sex alteration that prevents either getting pregnant, or causing pregnancies.
It applies to both male and female. "spayed" is a specific term, for females only. It is the literal surgical removal of all the puppy bearing organs in the female. People can be "spayed" as well, except they call it
"hystorectomy" in our case...

:D

Sorry I haven't replied for so long, been busy over easter, and of course, preparing for the new one! :D

lol hillside, yes, she has legs!!! And I'll agree I am turning into K, only I'm a sucker for the small and fluffies while her weakness is the buff and wrinklies :lol:

So here is the good news - I've got her now!!!! :angel: :bday:

She's so gorgeous, but so different to Montie!!! Montie is a very tiny, petite little Papillon with a little round head, while she is more like a scaled down border collie with gigantic ears! :lol:

I got her yesterday afternoon and she is settling in nicely, still a bit unsure of herself and flighty in her new surroundings, but she is quickly becoming calmer and more at ease. I'll write another post about her though!!!! :angel:

I'm so happy :wink: