Dogomania

Great...

gooeydog

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And theses dogs are necessary because?????

Oh right I forgot! There arn't enought large Akita, Akita Mixes in shelters and rescues so of course we need to breed more!!!

God these people must have the combined IQ of a tree stump, how stupid is that "breed" name! Maskita?! It sounds like some kind of contagious disease.

[quote name='kendalyn']Why no pictures of an adult "maskita"? :roll:[/quote]

That's easy..... because this is the first ever litter of "Maskita's", and their trying to cash in on a "new" breed.... just like every other idiot. :roll:
So there are no adults yet...... :x

I think the name sounds like a southerner saying "Mosquita" (mosquito) :lol:
*Just kidding :wink:

Guest Anonymous

you people can all just fuck off. there's nothing wrong with what these ppl did. if u have a male and female dog, u can breed them if u want to. AND put them on the internet, there's nothing wrong with it. So what if ppl are proud of their puppies? Find something else to bitch about!

doglover (not our normal, civilised, educated Dog Lover I see :lol: )- please take a moment from posting trollish drivel on random forums and THINK about it for a moment. Read the facts posted everywhere from here to Timbuktu. Visit shelters and see how many dogs get euthanased every year because people bang two dogs together to make money, then when they don't- funny how I don't want to buy someone's ill-bred examples of purebred dogs or even worse, faux purebred such as Spoodles, Maskitas, Maltipoos etc- any of these "breeds" can be found at your local pound- dump them at the nearest shelter. That's if these ignorant, greedy fools don't try to drown them in the creek in a plastic bag first. :evil: So go and bitch about that. :evilbat:

Oh and did I mention this is a DOG forum?? Fancy animal welfare cropping up on an animal forum. I'm flabbergasted. :lol:

Guest Anonymous

People "bang their dogs together" every day to make money, whether they or pure bred or half and half. Yet, people who have 2 pure bred dogs each of a different breed get picked on like crazy because they did it, for exactly the same reason as people who have pure bred dogs. And I don't think it's right for you to assume that all of these people are "ignorant, greedy fools" who would drown their unwanted dogs in a plastic bag if they didn't sell. I also seriously doubt that most dogs in animal shelters are a result of this. I think that maybe all this bitching is a result of people who just don't like it because it's competition for them. They turn their noses up at it because they're worried about their bottom line, PROFIT.

Guest Anonymous

I still havent recieved a reply to my e-mail. Funny, I think if they were good breeders they would reply. Apparently they have no "real" reason for what they are doing.

I really pity people like this "dog lover" person. Its too bad you arent as educated as our Dog Lover. Maybe then you would see the problem with them breeding these dogs.
[quote]...people who have 2 pure bred dogs each of a different breed get picked on like crazy because they did it, for exactly the same reason as people who have pure bred dogs.[/quote]
These people are not doing it for the same reason as I am!
I am a breeder. I dont do it for profit. I breed to better my breed. If you knew anything about breeding you would know that a true breeder will not profit much from breeding. It cost quite a bit of money to take care of a bunch of dogs. you would know [color=red]breedings shouldnt take place unless it is for the betterment of the breed[/color]. Thats not what these people are doing. They are contributing to the overpopulation of dogs we already have. You could go to several shelters and find the type of MUTT they are breeding. What is their reson behind it? Nothing but greed. They add the cutesy name to help sell the dogs.
I tried to go back and check out how much they were selling the pups for but it is no longer up... says to try back later cause its under construction now. Does anyone remember? Maybe they didnt get the feedback they wanted?
[quote]Lookie Lookie... A new troll to play with![/quote]
Ya know, the sad thing is is that so many of these trolls actually believe they have a valid point when all they are really doing is looking completely uneducated. :roll:
Like this... "bang their dogs together" lol! what the heck?
Why do I even respond to the people?? Not like they will ever learn anything!

[quote name='doglover']you people can all just f**k off. there's nothing wrong with what these ppl did. if u have a male and female dog, u can breed them if u want to. AND put them on the internet, there's nothing wrong with it. So what if ppl are proud of their puppies? Find something else to bitch about![/quote]

such a CIVILIZED post too....You;re on a DOG forum, and most of the people here (obviously) know a WHOLE LOT MORE about this then you do...yes, people can DO IT...most of us here have petitioned, at some point or another, to have it STOPPED.. So without being rude, or obnoxious, or insulting, I will tell you that if I had my way, NO ONE WOULD BREED WITHOUT A BREEDERS LICENSE, EVER... and to get the license you would need to be able to prove you are bettering the breed, breeding out illness and bad tendencies, checking generational histories to make sure the things that cause some purebreds to be sickly, ill-tempered and dangerous.

having been as politically correct as I CAN BE after that insulting post...

GO FIND A BRIDGE TO LAY IN WAIT UNDER....

:evilbat: :evilbat: :evilbat:

Guest Anonymous

[quote]and to get the license you would need to be able to prove you are bettering the breed, breeding out illness and bad tendencies, checking generational histories to make sure the things that cause some purebreds to be sickly, ill-tempered and dangerous.[/quote]

What makes you so sure that breeding Akitas and Mastiffs would not create a better pet than an Akita or a Mastiff? Many of the so-called reputable breeders are producing terrible dogs because they focus so much on confirmation and not enough on temperament. Theoretically people who are raising their dogs in non-idealized situations (i.e. as pets, not as breedstock) might well bring a new and better perspective to the overall concept of what makes a good pet as opposed to what makes a good representation of any given breed. Dogs with bad temperaments would be quickly identified in a real-world family type situation and would most likely NOT be bred intentionally. What do people do when they get a bad dog with an unacceptable temperament? They get rid of them. If they've kept a dog around long enough to breed them, then it's a sign that they think they've got a good dog. And who has a better idea of what makes a good dog than a pet owner?

You say that animal shelters are full of mixed breeds. But I see constant resuce for purebreds that I strongly suspect might not have ended up there had breeders been more honest with purchasers about the dogs temperament, or is it merely a question of breeders ignorance of their own dogs temperaments? People don't get rid of dogs unless they have an unforseen problem with them. That can happen under the best of circumstances. And who can say that any given mix is going to be worse than the two breeds separately?

Guest Anonymous

[quote]I dont mind mixing if there is a purpose behind it, Like Golden Labs for the handicapped...but what is the purpose behind this dog? other than profit?[/quote]

Akitas have serious problems with dog aggression and obedience. And they are slightly trigger-happy when it comes to biting. They're loyalty, however, is unsurpassed. Mastiffs are very relaxed and even tempered dogs, they are also much more affectionate than Akitas and better around children. But they are not as alert and they aren't as effective as guard dogs. They have very little stranger paranoia.

Who's to say that combining the two breeds would not have at least a marginal chance of pulling the better traits from both parents? And if it failed, it wouldn't be any worse than either parent singularly. The history of dog breeding is all about mixing and experimenting with different combinations to improve dogs. Sometimes you don't know exactly what you're gonna get until you try it. If people had not been willing to do this many years ago, we would not have many of the breeds that we all enjoy today.