Dogomania

What dog related items do you keep in your car?

Geez, Hillside, you've started a trend. :P

What doggy items are in your car?

In each of my vehicles, you will always find:
a crate
slip leashes
toys (Devin's gotta have his squeakies :-? )
food and snacks (whenever we go to the bank, they always poke Ol' Roy snacks at them... the dogs know the snacks are there, so I always have a "legal" snack available and pitch the Ol' Roy)
bottled water
bowls
baby butt wipeys
blankets & towels
first aid kit (pretty much human/canine interchangeable... also, gauze makes a decent muzzle)
hydrogen peroxide and syringe (not included in first aid kit... what were they thinking??) to induce vomiting just in case...

I'm sure there's something missing from that list. So what's in YOUR car/truck/suv? :)

[quote]several babys nappies (if you slit them open you can use the absorbent granules coupled with the sandwich bags to soak up any accidents)[/quote]
I never thought about that, that's a good idea :lol:

In our car, we have:
Annie's box (actually it belongs in my room, but I hate having to tote it in and out every weekend, though I may have to start again as it seems everytime my nephews have been in the car, there's one less bolt holding it together :o )
Leashes (both regular and slip leads)
Extra collar for Annie (who usually goes without in the house and yard, so I often forget to put one on her when we go somewhere)
Water bowl
Water
Toys (mostly tennis balls I toss in as we pack up from Annie's tracking class, then forget to get out, there are quite a few in there now)
Treats
Puke bags (Goo gets so excited sometimes if she knows she's going somewhere that by the time we actually go, she's made herself sick)
Sunscreen (for Haley's nose and ears)
Blankets (though they're in the back, or it'd look like x-mas in july thanks to our blanket shredders Goo and Hale)

Plastic bags for poo scooping and/or holding water
Water
Bottle for water- if I forget to take water at least I can fill up the bottle when I get there
Towels (in case BK goes for a swim or gets muddy)
Sometimes food if we go and practice obedience

He wears his collar and lead in the car so that's one less thing to worry about :wink:

except for two short leashes in the back, to attach the dogs in the car, none.

I dont take them anywhere in the car, except the vet. I dont go to dog parks because Freebee cannot be left off leash, and there are no dog friendly beaches or forests around here where they are allowed off leash.....

I walk them on leash through the parks and neighborhoods, but all I carry with me is my cell phone. Neither of them will poop anywhere but in the yard....so even on the longest walk, they wont go til they get back home....

I think of it like "I dont like Public Bathrooms..."

:D :D :D

Wow, I'm pretty sparsley equipped compared to you guys! :) I keep a stash of poo bags, a leash, some treats and one of those sticky rollers for getting dog hair off. I wipe down my entire car once a week and if I'm going somewhere fancy I can get the dog hair off before I get out of the car.

[quote name='courtnek']I dont take them anywhere in the car, except the vet.[/quote]

I sometimes take for granted that most people wouldn't need to keep a lot of stuff around for their own dogs. With me, I never know when I'll be picking one up, or bringing one home with me. It seems like they're always just dropped into my lap unexpectedly. That's why I always keep so much junk in my car like crates and leashes by the handful. :oops:

Let's see I have a pretty tiny car and it get's filled quickly... I have (in addition to what I need for the boys)...

Leash
sandwich bags
baby wipes
several empty 20 oz Pepsi bottles with lids (in case I forget to grab some water)
extra collar
plastic bowl currently filled with small children's toys

I think that's about it... any more and I won't be able drive.

Guest Anonymous

In my car I have:

Extra leads (3 different lengths - short, regular and a 15metre one)
Extra collar (flat)
Pinch Collar
Harness and lead (my pup's seatbelt)
Water (drinking and extra for washing)
2 days of dry food
2 bowls
Towels (extra for swimming)
snacks
nappy bags (for rubbish and poo bags etc)
muzzle (one for each dog + one spare)
Toys (or should I say half of the pet shops toy section....)
First Aid Kit (Our dogs have one each eg if I have 3 dogs then I have 3 first aid kits + mine)
Reflective vest for the dogs (our dogs are all black)
Sunscreen and insect repellent
Tissues / Baby wipes
Check Chain (not used on the dogs but handy)
Registration tags (the dogs have multiple collars so they are not kept on their collars)
Doggy Backpack (for hiking)
Blankets,towels and water proof blanket (in the back to protect the car)
Window wipes (to wipe of layers of slobber so I can see out the windows)

I think that is just about everything.....