Dogomania

Unusual dog names

Queen Bitch

Wheeeee! I'm on a roll here. :lol: What sort of uncommon or just plain weird dog names have you used, plan to use or have seen?

A friend of my dad's had a Shar Pei named Poodles, she was originaly known as "piddles" by her breeder and she didn't sell right away so she got used to Piddles. After my dad's friend got her she obviously didn't want to call her dog Piddles for the rest of her life, but wanted it to stay similar, hence Poodles.

I have a couple names picked out for my future pup, one of them is Maddox( mad dux) , I haven't seen it anywhere yet. I also like Dexter, but have been seeing a lot of those lately. ( Hmmmmm do I like names with X maybe?)

My Dalmatian bitch was named Phyllis after the Ophelia character.

A friend of mine had a Pug named Motorhead, that went by Motor, while another had a Pittie named Evans. She was named after a bicycle brand.

I have given all my dogs unique names (except Laurel, she's too old to change it)

Taurus (we have a member with a dog by that name)
Jarvis (black and white markings made him look like a butler)
Rasillon (fostered, named after a science fiction character)
Luigi (fostered, came named)
Freebee (current nutcase - she was free)
Laurel (came named)

I have a friend who lives with her sister, and they are getting two labs, one male and one female. Thye want to name them Laurel and Hardy

Guest Mutts4Me

I saw a red dog on TV named Cinnabar.

I'd never seen [i]anything[/i] named Cinnabar before... well, except one of my betta fish :) I thought I was so unique.

I like tha name Maddox, but I'd always think of Angelina Jolie's beautiful baby :)

Guest Anonymous

Ooooh! Fun, I love unique names! :D

I have to say, recently the most unique and weird name for a dog I've heard was Cracker :lol: (yes, that would be Abker's Cracker :lol: :wink: ).

Coal was going to be named Pickles, but my parents told me I HAD to have a second choice because they refused to have a dog named pickles :roll: so I said Coal was one of my fave names, and when we got there his name was Cole :wink:

I would love to name my next dog Pickles, but I think if Jared and I are still together then... I'll let him name it... unless he names it something dumb :roll: Which he probably will, he's not big on original names! I LOVE different names, and I always ask him of the newest one I've heard, and he ALWAYS hates it :lol: So since I'll prolly get a girl he'd name is something dumb like "Sue"... nothing against Sue, just it's not a original name ya know? I like a name that's cute and funky or hard to pronounce :lol: :wink:

I think Blitzkrieg is fairly unique- just as well because the world wouldn't cope with more of him :P
One of grandpa's old Dachshunds was called Peebles (Peebo for short). Their Pekingeses were called Chan and Fooey. I guess they would be unusual?
I also know a girl I went to school with who had a cat she called Sh*tty Kitty. :lol: Thought of naming my new boy Titty Kitty because of where he likes to sit :oops: but didn't think it would go down too well with the parents :lol:

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='bk_blue']I think Blitzkrieg is fairly unique- just as well because the world wouldn't cope with more of him :P
One of grandpa's old Dachshunds was called Peebles (Peebo for short). Their Pekingeses were called Chan and Fooey. I guess they would be unusual?
I also know a girl I went to school with who had a cat she called Sh*tty Kitty. :lol: Thought of naming my new boy Titty Kitty because of where he likes to sit :oops: but didn't think it would go down too well with the parents :lol:[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: My friend's cat was named that too!!

I think Blitzkrieg is neat... although I still can't pronounce it on the first try :lol: :roll: Where'd you come up with it?

My dogs name is Akuma (ah koo ma) which means evil in Japanese or Kuma for short which means bear in japanese.

I had roomates who had dogs (kuma's siblings) Her sister was Brizza and her nephew was Yuri (I love that name)

[quote name='Lokipups']My females call name is Layla (love Eric Clapton :) ), but when we're feeling goofy, she's Layla Layla Sweet Tater Tot, Tater for short :-? . [/quote] Heeeeey....thats what you call me! Whaddya tryin to say laura? :lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote name='Mutts4Me']

I like tha name Maddox, but I'd always think of Angelina Jolie's beautiful baby :)[/quote]

I know a dog named Maddox he's a lab/shepherd mix.

Our neighbours have two aussies named Rover and Sparky. :lol: I didn't think anyone would actually name their dog Rover.

well, if we're doing cats....

someone left a box of kittens on the doorstep where I used to work. I took one of them...jet black with amber eyes, and named her Isis. "She" turned out to be "he".....so we modified the name a little to Isoceles and called him Isis for short. No one knew the difference.

the cat I have now was "dumped" by my ex mother in law, who dumps pets on a regular basis...She bought him at a pet store and named him
Timmy, then at about 3 months decided she didnt want him and was going to take him to the shelter. I took him instead. and renamed him
PushyCat....or "woose" for short. And he definitely lives up to his name.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote name='Mutts4Me']I saw a red dog on TV named Cinnabar.

I'd never seen [i]anything[/i] named Cinnabar before... well, except one of my betta fish :) I thought I was so unique.[/quote]

Amber , that reminded me of an old perfume by Estee Lauder, it was called Cinnabar and has a cinnamon scent to it !!
I wonder if they still carry it ??

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Kat']Ha on that note Kendalyn we had a Puli type at our club a few years back called Kamir (come here :lol: ) Also a great show name that my friend had for her dog was Miss tess-tickle! You can imagine how entertaining that was when the commentator got a hold of a microphone![/quote]

:klacz: :laugh2_2: :laugh2_2: :laugh2_2:

Guest Anonymous

I thought my cattle dog named Boomer was individual...then I saw it everywhere on the net...his son (cattle dog/bearded collie), we named Anishinaabe (A nish i nah bay) which is what the Ojibwe/Chippewa people call themselves and it means, original man/person. Boomer has since left us...we still have Anishinaabe (a k a: Niishe, Ishi...kids can't say his real name)
We now have two sister puppies...ACD's (may be mixed...not sure) in keeping the theme, we named them Lakota and Chinook.
We did have a friend who had very individual names...cabover, didibiteya (did he bite ya), askim (ask him) and the other one was tellim (tell him). The last three he had at the same time and had a lot of fun with that...hahaha [color=darkred][/color][b][/b]