Dogomania

Dog I saw yesterday...

Duke_3

Yesterday i went out of town with my mom and we went to the next town wich is Vanderhoof. Its a small town but they have a mini mall and traffic lights! AND FAST FOOD.

Anyways..

We went to the Extra foods(grocery store) and there was a small small truck with this HUGE white dog in the back. It loooked like a white lion i swear! and i went over there and my mom was like dont pet him hes huge hell probably attack ya! I went over there anyways pet him, scratched him, let him lick me and stuff and he was sooooo friendly!!!!!

Turns out he was a Great Pyrenees, Now this was a huge dog lol

He was so pretty and friendly and he had a HUGE head LOL

Does anyone here have a Great Pyrenees?

P.S Notice im typing better now!:D I got sick of having to repate things from messing them up so i type a bit better now! as of today anyways...

My aunt has one, Morga. :) They are wonderful dogs, so sweet and gentle. :D But drooly! I don't know how much drool I've consumed while staying at my aunts because Morga has this habit of putting her humungous head in your lap and drool there over the plate of food. :o :lol: Here is a picture of Morga:
[img]http://images.snapfish.com/339%3C872323232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2323%3D528%3D8%3B4%3D32325287%3C375%3Cnua593fj0mrj[/img]

And to show how huge she is, here is a picture of her with Leah as an 8 week old beagle puppy;
[img]http://images.snapfish.com/339%3C872323232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2329%3D444%3D637%3Dxroqdf%3E232343789%3C353ot1lsi[/img]

And Morga being stately and dignified. She does that well! :)
[img]http://images.snapfish.com/339%3C872323232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2329%3D444%3D637%3Dxroqdf%3E23234378%3A686%3Bot1lsi[/img]

[size=2]I know I only said one picture... Sorry :oops: [/size]

The are true gentle guardians of stock and family which is evident in the picture of Morga with the Beagle.

Hair ...... oh my, you've never seen so much hair during shedding season. My herding instructor has 2 that stay out and keep the coyotes and vulchers away from his flock of sheep.

The dogs take their guarding of the flock so personal, that if for some reason a baby lamb gets killed by a predator the dog will not let any dog in the field without a leash on.

They are true gentle guardians.

Judy was right, they are truly gentle giants. They are good with other animals, good with kids (except small ones need to be watched because Pyr's will accidently knock them over) but yes, the hair is all-consuming and the grooming is strenuous. Very loving, loyal animals, lots of people are afraid of them because of their size. Personally, I would walk straight up to a Great Pyr before I'd go near the two chihauhau's next door...

:lol: :lol: :lol: