Dogomania

Ambullneo Mastiff

ebkelsey

Guest Anonymous

AMerican pit bull terrier
BULL Mastiff
NEOpolitn Mastiff

bred specifically to protect and guard- agression. any dog i dont care what breed it is that is bred for aggression is trouble, particulaly when its this size and has APBT blood in it. what do you bet that these would be called pit bulls by the media and possibly have been?

Bad idea.

Guest Mutts4Me

[quote]They have incredible night vision and are said to resemble a Black Panther. [/quote]

Is this a similar "concept" to the Canis Panther? Something about that dog was posted here a while back, but I think it was "made up" of different breeds of dogs.

Guest Mutts4Me

[quote name='Dog Lover']I heard of a breeding program where they were PURPOSLY breeding PITS to AKITAS. Now that is a HORRIBLE mix if you ask me. :-?[/quote]

Where on Earth do people come up with these ideas??

I want an Akita, and I want a Pit Bull, but I don't think I'd touch an Akita/Pit Bull mix with a 10-foot pole, as the saying goes. Yikes :-?

**edit: Which is not to say that a pit/Akita mix would be a bad dog, but it should be handled by a special kind of person, even more so perhaps than an Akita or a Pit Bull**

• 3 years later...

[quote name='Anonymous']AMerican pit bull terrier
BULL Mastiff
NEOpolitn Mastiff

bred specifically to protect and guard- agression. any dog i dont care what breed it is that is bred for aggression is trouble, particulaly when its this size and has APBT blood in it. what do you bet that these would be called pit bulls by the media and possibly have been?

Bad idea.[/quote]

Obviously you don't know much about APBTs. They are not a guardian breed. My guess would be that they were incorporated into the breed for the bully look, and the gameness and tenacity that are their nature. Human aggression has been bred out of APBT's for hundreds of years, and you will actually be hard pressed to find one that is just human aggressive. It takes quite a lot to make an APBT that way. (Look at Michael Vick's dogs - 48 out of 49 of his "pit bulls" were deemed adoptable.) Police officers who use canine units regularly use ABPTs - but NOT for street work. Why? "They're too friendly". They are used for SAR and drug detection, etc. : but not for patrol duty or anything of that nature. They naturally do not have suspicion of anyone and "never met a stranger".

Whereas, looking at the other breeds incorporated into this one, we can see they are GUARDIAN breeds, who have a strong natural suspicion. I've raised guardian breeds and fostered and owned my share of APBTs, and I can tell you which is the first to "fortify and defend", and it wasn't the APBT's.

And you're right, the media probably has and will confuse this for a "pit bull". Given the fact that 1) They are not responsible enough to find out or denote that "pit bull" is not, in fact, a breed, but a name that applies to THREE different breeds of dog. 2) Any "bully" looking dog that commits anything remotely related to aggression is then labeled a "pit bull" and dragged all over the headlines for days.

I've seen the news refer to NUMEROUS dogs as pit bulls: cane corsos, presas, boxers, dogo argentinos, filas, LABS, etc. But they don't bother to find out, and once they do, they don't bother retracting the stories.

Try taking this test:

[url]http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/findpit.html[/url]

and find the APBT on your first try. :]

And then do some research before you are terrified of a guardian breed "especially if it has pit bull blood in it".

And quick question: German Shepherds, Boxers, Dogos, Bulll Mastiffs, etc .. are you terrified of them all? So I take it to mean pretty much any dog over 45 lbs is scary to you? They were all bred for a purpose, and it's a safe bet, that at some point, any of these dogs were bred for "protection".

• 4 weeks later...

AMBULLNEO is simply another name for an American Bulldog x Neopolitan Mastiff cross. Therefore, although the two breeds involved MIGHT be purebred, that DOES NOT make the pup you're looking at a purebred dog. It is simply a cross between two seperate breeds. That's not to say it's a bad dog, not at all. What it means is that somoeone wanted to make a few bucks with their dog by selling puppies and crossed it to the nearest so called pure bred they could find. AMBULLNEO is NOT a dog breed. However, with this said, the pup you're looking at could be a GREAT dog. Remember, you only get out of a dog what you put into it....Obedience, Obedience, Obedience. The more time you spend with your dog the happier you and your dog will become. Hope this helps, Good Luck!