Dogomania

Rate this breeder

Atom

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll quit posting on your site. sorry i offended so many. I was not offended by that pic...but can understand why others would be....and out of respect for that i will quit posting. I am not a peice of trash...just have a different sence of humour...and thats all..I would never intentionally hurt someone with that pic...I wasnt thinking....I guess I think that everybody can be subject to laugh about...others wise I would be extremely ofended by dumb blond jokes. I have never intentionally done anything cruel to man or beast. sorry for the pic.

[quote name='Doobers']I'll quit posting on your site. sorry i offended so many. I was not offended by that pic...but can understand why others would be....and out of respect for that i will quit posting. I am not a peice of trash...just have a different sence of humour...and thats all..I would never intentionally hurt someone with that pic...I wasnt thinking....I guess I think that everybody can be subject to laugh about...others wise I would be extremely ofended by dumb blond jokes. I have never intentionally done anything cruel to man or beast. sorry for the pic.[/quote]

I've just got to say one thing. I knew alot of kids who where in the special olympics, and they're wonderfull people. And I find offense to that pic. Sorry but that's how I am. I take bake the trash remark. But I don't find humor towards people like that funny.

Guest Anonymous

Newfiemom - Atom IS getting his parents involved... that was stated more then once on here...

And while I agree that the parents have the oh so powerful control until he's 18 :wink: I think it's AWSOME Atom's got out and researched. And I don't know about you, and sorry if I've missed it, but I never saw anywhere that stated he never researched other breeders.
I'm searching right NOW for breeders and info on AmStaff's and it may be a matter of years before i got one, but I came across one that really caught my eye rather fast and have chated with her and even talked to another breeder about her who knows her... Just because someone finds a breeder they like before searching a million of them doesn't mean that they took it first comes first serves sort of deal :wink: I think it's AWSOME he's taken the time to research about the breed and get from a reputable breeder instead of a BYB or Pet Store, and even CAME ON HERE to ask us! Not only that but he even took in what we have mentioned and talked to the breeder. Although I deffently agree, getting some writen proof would be the best thing, and glad he will be doing it :wink:
Atom, let me know how things go over when you and your 'rents meet the breeder :wink:

I don't think it's fair to say that a 15 year old shouldn't have a dog and do most of the work finding and picking it out. It sounds to me like he was supervised. It's a good learning experience. And we don't know Atom. There are some 15 year olds that could easily handle the responsibility of a dog and there are some I wouldn't let watch a goldfish for the weekend.

As long as his parents are willing to help him out financially and make sure he's doing everything that he's supposed to, I don't see a problem. And I don't think we can really make that judgement based only on the fact that his parents didn't want to go to a different breeder.

Being a breeder myself (with a webpage to advertise my dogs) I would not sell a dog to a 15 year old. The contract would be with the parents and it would be the parents responsibility.

The parents would be legally bound by the contract, not the 15 year old, irregardless of how mature they are. It wouldn't happen with one of my puppies.

[url]www.ambercreek.net/sourire-belgians[/url]

Well, when I was 15 I started researching Great Danes, I showed them for a friend at AKC events. I trained at her house every day. I also had a Cocker Spaniel at home. I was the one to make sure he was neutered, got to the vet for shots, I groomed him myself, trained him and showed him in obedience. My parents could care less about dogs. At 15 I knew a heck of alot more about dogs, training and caring for them than they did. A 15 year old is deffinatly mature enough to research, own and care for a dog. BUT, they are limited by the parents. If mom and dad are saying yes to a responsible kid having a dog, then it's a great idea.
Atom, Yes there are people who sell dogs for big $$$ under false pretenses. It's very hard to know who is honest and who isn't. Before buying a dog at all, it might be a good idea to study disease in Dobes, talk to breeders (over the net and phone if you can't visit) exc. There might be a possiblity that if this breeder lives close enough to you, then she may let you show one of her dogs, come over and work with them, maybe train in obedience. I would also suggest joining 4-H. It's a great experience, and you may find some very knowlegable people there who would be willing to help with training and anything else.