Dogomania

diarrhea during pregnancy

KathiNellie

Good Morning!
I am up and waiting for my vet to open because my golden Nellie has been having diarrhea during the night. She is 35 days into her pregancy and I have never had this problem before with my other dog. Although it was 10 years ago when I bred my Kassi I don't recall this happening. I know I can't give her the ususal treatment because of the puppies. Does anyone have ideas of what I can feed her until her tummy settles. I think she must have gotten into something out in our yard. Sometime rabbit dropping are out there and I think she has eating them before. Any Ideas? Thanks

Hi KathiNellie,
I have a Newfoundland which is pregnant...she is 59 days into her pregnancy...about 2 weeks ago she went through a bout of diarrhea...I just fed her boiled lean hamburg and white rice (steamed) or you can substitute the hamburg for chicken and boil or steam it. This cleared my girl up and now shes back to her normal pregnant self. I think she just picked up a little stomack flue...all 6 of my dogs went through the diarrhea :-?
Good luck with your litter, and post some pictures for us :wink: I will be posting pictures of my Newf's litter.....we just did x-rays and we counted 7 pups :angel: I am getting so excited...starting tomarrow I will start taking her blood to make sure I know when her progesterone levels drop....that way I'm prepared for the pups! :wink:

Hi Cassie,
Thank you so much for your reply. My vet called me back this morning and told me almost exactly the same thing you did!! Guess I didn't need the vet after all,just someone like you with experience. :angel:

I am new to the site and just love it. I will post pictures also. I just love Newf's!! They are the sweetest dogs, big and lovey :D Good luck and I will be looking for your posts and pictures!!

Kathi

I'm glad every thing is OK...I know its quite a panic when you pregnant dog experiences signs of illness...and its a good thing you did go to the vet just to be on the safe side :wink:
Your Golden has a good mom...so when our dogs have pups...does that make us grandmothers :o :lol: I'm too young to be a grandmother!