Dogomania

K9 Advantix

Pit Retriever

Has anyone used K9 Advantix? We got some from the vet today. We live behind a wooded area, plus live in Houston (mosquito city), and we felt this was the best comprehensive treatment. Please let me know your experiences with this product, as well as whether you buy from the internet or not. It's 14.95/month at the vet (yikes) because he is still growing....and we can't buy a 4 month pack yet. :lol:

Guest Anonymous

First WELCOME TO DOGO!! sorry i can't be of any help. we dont have to use anything like that. but i'm sure you'll get plenty of help on here! i just wanted to say hi and you little pup is adorable!

I use Frontline Plus for my Akita. For some reason, Dexter has not had much success with it. I just switched him over to Advantix, so I wont be able to give you an answer for a month or two.
It is unbelievable how much these meds cost. My brother has a resellers license, so I have an account with a pet supply wholesaler. The mark up is INSANE. There, I can get a 6-month supply of Frontline plus (6 pipets) for 89-132 lb. dog for $29.80 8)
I have tons of friends who benefit from me and my brothers account there.

Guest Anonymous

I've been using K9 Advantix for quite a while now and have never had any problems with it. It works better than anything else I've tried. My dog Bentley is very allergic to flea bites and we've never had any problems with that since I switched them over. I've never seen a tick on any of the dogs either. For me it's absolutely the best choice.

Welcome to Dogo! Yes I use K9 Advantix as well and I have loved the results we have gotten. We have had NO problems and we live in NC which has really bad bug issues because of the weather and climate... I think you will like the results. Just make sure you *don't* bathe or let them get that area wet for at least 10 days after you have applied it or you will have waisted your money. It takes effect within 24 hours but it needs to be fully absorbed for it to work for its entire time frame...3 months. I usually bathe prior to application.

Guest Anonymous

what is K9 Advantix ? :oops: Is it basiclly a Flea med or what? :oops: We dont' really get fleas around here (that i Know of...) so I've never had to deal with getting flea meds...

It is a med. A small container of liquid flea, tick and misquito repellant that you apply to the skin on the neck. They sell stuff like this at pet stores but they aren't actually meds they are chemicals and they are not as effective.

I really didn't care much for Advantix. Every dog I used it on, from my short haired Pit Bull mix to my full coated Lhasa Apso, had a big greasy stripe for weeks after application... the Lhasa's entire back is greasy now and I applied it two weeks ago. I apply small drops down the spine right to the skin to keep from applying too much in one place (for just that reason and I feel it gives better coverage) which works fine for us with plain ol' Advantage. We've also had a few people come through the clinic complaining that it didn't work as well on fleas as the regular Advantage. The only thing I can surmise is that it just doesn't disperse as well on some dogs (since it has the same flea medicine). I know it doesn't seem to disperse well on any of my dogs.

Then again, I really don't have a problem here with ticks (fleas and mosquitoes, on the other hand...). I reckon if I really needed to control ticks, too, I might be a little more apt to put up with the grease blobs.