Dogomania

Puppies

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Greetings All! :D
I have just bred my golden retriever to another. Both dogs are very healthy and have had all the test prior to breeding. I am trying to be very responsible about finding home for the puppies when they arrive and need a good puppy questionaire and contract. Could anyone send me in the right direction to see one I could put on my website.
Thanks
Kathi & Nellie

Guest Anonymous

Shouldn't you already HAVE homes for the puppies BEFORE the breeding?? doesn't sound responsible to me.... At least you have done health checks on both dogs. that's a good thing. but i think you should have gotten homes before breeding. or are you just breeding to make money ?

Guest Anonymous

I have never heard of anyone having all puppies sold before breeding??
This is my third time breeding goldens and I just love the breed and take pride in producing good healthy puppies. If I was only interested in the money I wouldn't care about puppy questionaires or contracts. I have invested alot with this and want to make sure the puppies go to good homes. They aren't even due until the end of March.

Anyway I want to word a questionaire and contract so people buying this breed can know they are getting a quality pup and I will know who is best for what puppy temperment

Guest Anonymous

I didn't mean sold, i mean have people who are already interested in the puppies so they have ah ome to go to. I'm glad that your a responisble breeder and not like the stupid BYB's that are all around us. Please dont think i was rude, just i know ther are some BYB on this board and was afraid you were one of them. We all have pretty harsh feelings for BYB's

Please keep us updated with pictures and stuff!! why dont you become a memeber instead of just a guest ?
it's great around here

DAL is right we forget ourselves sometimes,we get a lot of BYB's passing through and it is upsetting so sometimes we can appear a little defensive but it's only because we worry for the welfare of the dogs.

We also have a few great breeders here who are welcomed :wink:

Welcome in and please tell us more :)

[quote name='KathiAnne']I have never heard of anyone having all puppies sold before breeding??

[/quote]

I sure have. The breeder I got my pup from had $500 deposits for 12 puppies from one of her bitches BEFORE the bitch was even bred. (But it IS true that that doesn't happen all that often.)

There are probably several good pointers on how to write contracts and questionnaires at either breed-specific sites (eg. Golden Retriever Club of America, or wherever), or a breeder's site eg. [url]http://www.ida-red.com/puppy_buyer_questionnaire.htm[/url] is just one I got from Googling "dog buyer questionnaire". There are also some very good breeders who use this site who may be of assistance to you.

Have you not ever had a questionnaire or contract for your previous litters?

my father is a breeder for german shorthaird pointers and we have never had a litter that we didn't have deposits for at least 15 puppies 6 months before the puppies were born. and the people that didnt get a puppy have us keep the depost for the next breeding which cold be 6 months or more later, thats only if he intends to have another breeding.

all our dogs have tittles out the ying yang for field trials in both akc and navhda. all dogs are ofa certified. all puppies must be tested in natural ability in navhda. and if there is ever a problem the new owners MUST SELL the dog back to us.

top quality breeders ALWAYS ALWAYS have the the puppies sold before they are born.

[url]http://www.home.earthlink.net/~indianbrookgsp/[/url] <~~ our dogs