Dogomania

can dogs see thru windows

Guest Anonymous

I'd be surprised if ANYONE could see through my windows. This is an old picture of Penny and the damage she did to the frame, but please pay attention to the snark prints on the glass. I thought they put that there as compensation for some lack of something or other in their vision and maybe it's just snarky to me, but it makes them see outside perfectly (they can spot a squirrel 100 feet away, I swear). No? :-?
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0ZwDdAkwghJRArdPRRdEl6z5tqI9g1po8SEXvMD*RI!x1aLPN5bp7IrshUhR7A!FzlsLP5P!rEd3CqCSAKw1pJ8pqlO9!tm7RzIG5Psgn4ytJE1NGelLIAHBiLCxgd17js8MmjFqBig0c600w72d5yQ/1-12-03Pennydamage1.JPG?dc=4675405104804479769[/img]

Anyway, I just took a poll and the gang says, yes, indeed they can see through the window just fine. :)

[quote name='"Horsefeathers!"']I'd be surprised if ANYONE could see through my windows. This is an old picture of Penny and the damage she did to the frame, but please pay attention to the snark prints on the glass. I thought they put that there as compensation for some lack of something or other in their vision and maybe it's just snarky to me, but it makes them see outside perfectly (they can spot a squirrel 100 feet away, I swear). No? :-?
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0ZwDdAkwghJRArdPRRdEl6z5tqI9g1po8SEXvMD*RI!x1aLPN5bp7IrshUhR7A!FzlsLP5P!rEd3CqCSAKw1pJ8pqlO9!tm7RzIG5Psgn4ytJE1NGelLIAHBiLCxgd17js8MmjFqBig0c600w72d5yQ/1-12-03Pennydamage1.JPG?dc=4675405104804479769[/img]

Anyway, I just took a poll and the gang says, yes, indeed they can see through the window just fine. :)

[quote]Yes my dogs can see THE ENEMY (for the rest of you that means Magpies) through the windows just fine...getting them to understand that through the glass is NOT the way to get them is another story

[quote]

you guys crack me up.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: [/quote]

Guest Mutts4Me

Considering the number of times my dog has thrown herself bellowing against the sliding glass door due to another dog in our yard, I'd say yes ;)

It is interesting to me how well my dog seems able to see through windows, though. Growing up, I didn't have a dog until I was 10 years old. My neighbor raised beagles, and he's one of those guys who just loves to sound really smart, and he taught me that dogs see in shadows, not 3D, so if you stand very still, a dog can't see you.

Yet... My dog can be outside, I'll be looking out the window at her, and she'll glance around, notice my face in the window and look me right in the eyes. Shadows indeed ;)

Yep, I do believe that as a survey on this board all of our dogs can see through glass..... :lol: and HF, very cute picture... :lol:
Now, the question is how many of us humans can detect glass doorways???? I cannot count the number of times I have been at a BBQ and tried to walk through the glass door! now, perhaps if these people did have a dog which left nose prints I would have know the sliding glass door was shut and not open when I tried to pass through! one of the biggest bonuses of owning a dog...! this is one of the reasons I encourage my dogs to drool on the sliding glass door way at my home and push their faces up against it and leave some signs that there is a window there....I am in fact human proofing my home. :wink:

• 14 years later...

but my dog didn't seem to be able to see me through my window!!

My mum could, but he couldn't... 

He was literally like 2 decimeters away from the window, and I was on the other side just by it, and he didn't seem to understand what it was my mum was pointing at!! 

Weird, huh?