Dogomania

Painful Paw

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Sebastian's got a painful paw. I tried looking between the toes for any stuck objects etc. but could not find any. He keeps licking the paw (not from above though) Can anyone shed some light on possible causes? :roll:

it is possible a bacteria infection, and the licking is just making the bacteria worse. The cheapest things would be get some bitter apple and spray it on the paw. This should stop her from licking, and help clean up the bacteria infection. If it gets red or the hair starts falling out you may need to take her to the vet for a depo-shot and/or some antibiotics.

Guest Anonymous

Dear Zac850 & K, Thanks for the advice. The problem has been solved! After having a good wrestle with my 70kg baby, it turned out to be a sore between the pads that got infected. A good spray or two of antiseptic liquid definitely helped! I'm still cautious though as it could just as easily be a bacterial infection. Will monitor it closely. (I did not change the food or anything else that could cause an allergic reaction).