Dogomania

largest dogs?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

besides the mastiff and newfies........what are some other HUGE dogs? :-?

--skiendog

p.s.---if you can find me a site including the largest, tallest, biggest dog breeds, my hat is off to you!!!!!

Lets see...some pretty hige dogs..

The Akbash Dog can be 29-32 inches at the should (male) and weigh 100-130 pounds.
Scottish Deerhounds are pretty big...28-32 inches at the shoulder (male) 75-110 pounds.
Dogue de Bordeaux can be 27 inches at the shoulder and about 120 lbs.
Great Pyrenees 27-32 inches at the shoulder, 90-125 lbs
Great Dane 30-32 inches at the shoulder...I don't have a weight..
Greater Swiss mountain dog...25-28 inches. 130 lbs.
Irish Wolfhound 32-34 inches at the shoulder, 120 lbs.
Leonberger about 27-30 inches at the shoulder.
Perro de Presa Canario 21-26 inches at shoulder weight approx. 85-125 lbs
St Bernard about 27 inches at shoulder for a male.
Tibetan Mastiff where bigger is the rule.
Tosa Inu at the least the height should be 25.5 or more...weight 100-200lb

Thats all I can think of.

Guest Anonymous

Filas are huge...
most molosser breeds are bigger dogs. but then again they have mastino blood in them so it makes sense.
and dog that has mastiff in its name... neo, tibetan, english, bull, french, american, all massive dogs.
saints are monsters. certain lines of rotties are huge too... anymore you can get "PIT BULLS" that are over 100 lbs too. but between me and you there is mastiff blood in there too. great danes are big...
how big: up to 100 100-200 or over 200... yes there are dog that get that big

Guest Anonymous

English mastiff is the heaviest... (this seems like a really familiar topic)
However the Saint, Newfs, Tibetan mastiffs, Neos, and Tosas...all regularly get between 100-200 lbs. the giants step out at over 200 and then you have only three breeds that get that big without being obese english and Neo mastiffs, and saints.

tallest dogs are the irish wolfhound and the great dane.... the IW is taller on average, the Dane has the tallest individual dog.

• 1 year later...

[quote=ROTT'N'PIT]Filas are huge...
most molosser breeds are bigger dogs. but then again they have mastino blood in them so it makes sense.
and dog that has mastiff in its name... neo, tibetan, english, bull, french, american, all massive dogs.
saints are monsters. certain lines of rotties are huge too... anymore you can get "PIT BULLS" that are over 100 lbs too. but between me and you there is mastiff blood in there too. great danes are big...
how big: up to 100 100-200 or over 200... yes there are dog that get that big[/quote]

A fake Fila is huge!!
A real fila is 45 kg!!!!

again a breeder tale!!!!!
these are the ones who stole the breed from the real fila lovers

I don't have anything positive to relate about sizes,

But on tv they had a mastiff type dog that was nearly 300 lbs, and ate 30 lbs of food a day. It was on the local news, the anchorman was like, I think he's actually a horse. Obviously this isn't normal though.

No wonder the poor dog weighed 300 lbs! If he was fed 30lbs a day of food!! I can’t imagine any animal (even forced) that could put that much food down!

My Angel Love (English) weighed 208 lbs & 32” at the shoulder. She would only eat about 2 – 2 1/2; cups of food a day. I would leave her food out all day to allow her to eat when she felt like it.

Too bad it wasn’t “Angel” the anchorman was interviewing! I’d made sure he got the “slob” treatment for calling her a “horse”!! :evil: :lol:

Linda & Annie

Guest Mutts4Me

A criminal offense, no . . . And actually, an easy one to make, as Dogo posts show up in google searches. I actually found my way here by means of an old thread that I found while searching for infor online, and I almost made the mistake of replying to it, not realizing how old it was. However, I had been active on forums enough that I did notice I was in a year-old thread, so I didn't reply. But anyone not actually looking for the date has no way to know this discussion is done and over with, and that a lot of the posters have gone away. I don't know how the board works, but if there was some way to archive old topics so they were still available but locked, that could eliminate some of the confusion ;)

Hey hunterr,

How big was your english mastiff at 10 months? Mine is currently 120 pounds at 10 months and I'm trying to figure out how big he will be when he's full grown.

By the way, that news story either gave false info or is a fake. No dog can eat 30lbs. a day. Bigger dogs have slower metabolisms and require a lot less food per pound than smaller dogs.

Sjefke was 120 pounds at 9 months but is 135 pounds now at 18 months.
We keep him on a healthy diet because of the risc of joint problems etc.

These breeds grow until the age of 3 sometimes a bit more.

I have seen relatives of 180 pounds !!! and very agile.

Same with Boerboel,,,,,,also a beautifull giant athlete