Dogomania

I really want to say something bad.

Kiger

:wallbash: What is this world coming to????
QUOTE:
Some animal experts believe cross breeding -- either for one generation or for several -- uses the best characteristics of two dogs to create one superdog. Occasionally purebred dogs inherit negative qualities if in-breeding occurs.
There is no such thing as a super dog! :stupid:
I for 1 love all dogs purebreed and mixes but to purposely create a mix breed is so wrong....

As long as there are suckers out there paying thousands of dollars for a mutt, this unfortunate situation will continue. I recently got kicked off a forum after my first post. I usually dont troll around, but I found a messageboard that "celebrated the creation of new breeds."
Some clueless lady was saying that she was interested in breeding her dalmation to one of 7 different breeds. I dont remember the breeds but I got extremely pissed when she asked "What makes a breeder responsible? Is is that you make sure you get the puppies all their shots and papers?" I had to lay into her.
Anyhow, dont get me wrong. I love mutts, but its irks me when I think of all the poor dogs in shelters that need homes. OK, I am done ranting for the day! :agrue:
Kiger- Your Sheba is beautiful !!!!! :iloveyou:
edit- The lady who asked the breeding question does have a website and did think of herself as a breeder of cross-breeds. I would not lay into someone who was just asking a simple questions. :D

Guest Anonymous

This mixed breed "trend" is ridiculous.

[quote]The labradoodle could be eligible for American Kennel Club recognition if there are at least 300 of them in at least 20 states with three documented generations of labradoodle to labradoodle mixing. A national breed club is also required. [/quote]

This shows how important overpopulation is to the AKC... :roll: ...That is all they need to register a new breed?! They dont care about the overpopulation as long as they get their money.
[quote]
"Mixed-breed dogs are healthier," Zawistowski said. "They aren't as likely to have these inherited problems and people have gotten some of that message and so they're buying mixed-breed dogs." [/quote]
Ummm, if you breed a dog with problems some of the pups are going to have problems, regardless if they are breeding to the same breed or a different breed! Notice: INHERITED PROBLEMS

[quote]"I have not met another dog as gentle, intuitive, caring, and intelligent as the labradoodle," said Caren Cioffi, a labradoodle owner and Stanford University MBA student who did a business internship with Manners last summer. [/quote]
I could say the same about my American Pit Bull Terriers.

Guest Anonymous

But one thing about the Gen.Pop. here is that if you price it sky high... it interests them. How else can you justify all of the ludacris spending habits of the affluent? Money to burn and if a dog doesnt cost an insane amount it must ot be as good. :roll:
i couldnt fathom spending $4000 on a purebred dog unless it could vacuum the rug, and scoop its own poop. :wink: then i would still want to haggle the price down.

I just dont get the people out there, thousands of dogs are dying in shelters, but you want to breed more. Oh yeah, your not in it for the money :roll:

Guest Anonymous

I am one that has spent thousands of $ on dogs. i will spend the money if I think it will improve my yard and breeding program. Have been wrong a couple times and that just SUCKS (but Ive been right a few times)!
BUT, what are these little mutts going to do? Nothing but give companionship, which any dog can do. I really cant believe people spend that much on those mutts. You can go to the shelter and find a labradoodle or a cock-a-poo that will be the same as that thousand dollar dog.

I hate AKC with a passion. Their papers mean squat to me.

Both of my dogs are mixed breeds. I absolutely love mutts...but I would never promote mix breeding dogs. There are a lot of great mixed breed dogs but I'm smart enough to know that they aren't "healthier dogs" some may be but I've very rarely ever seen a mixed breed dog who died naturally of old age rather than cancer or something like that.

[quote]"I have not met another dog as gentle, intuitive, caring, and intelligent as the labradoodle," said Caren Cioffi, a labradoodle owner and Stanford University MBA student who did a business internship with Manners last summer.[/quote]

So this is supossed to refer to all poo mutts and mixed breeds? Cause my friends $1400 "shih-poo" bit her on the arse not long ago.
They figured he would have a beautiful coat like a shih-tzu, but be smart and basically train himself like a poodle, well it just dosen't work that way.
[/quote]

"Mixed-breed dogs are healthier," Zawistowski said. "They aren't as likely to have these inherited problems and people have gotten some of that message and so they're buying mixed-breed dogs"

:x *looks over at my oh so healthy"mix breed" ...that I am going to spend 12,000 dollars on new hips for* yea..SOOO healthy! :evil:

I don't suppose anyone saw that show on the National Geographic Ch. about "Designer dogs"?
Anyways on the show all they did was promote new breeds. Like the woman who breed labradoodles, she had 50 litters a year and kept all her dogs in some kind of warehouse. BYB for sure.

Or the husband and wife who were going to breed a Border-Staffy (Border Collie/ Staffordshire Bull Terrier) so that THEY could get the new world record of Fly-ball. :x

Or the woman who claimed Wolf dog hybrids were great family pets.

Never mind the thousands and thousands of dogs that get put to sleep each year because no one wants them. Never mind the thousands of dogs that are in shelters right now. No lets just breed more mutts for nothing and pretend that all the ones sittng in the shelters don't exist.

:Dog_run:

So someone saw Designer Dogs. I was watching a playoff game and didn't see get to see it. I wondered how they would portray these new breed of mutts. I was hoping they would say how it would only add to the homeless dog situation, guess I should have known better.

A radio station will be talking about designer dogs on Monday, guess who will be calling them and giving them an earfull!!!!!!!

Paula & Re-Run