Dogomania

HELP WITH TRAVEL

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hello Everyone... I am interested in taking my Boston Terrier to Poland this summer.... I was wondering how do I find out what my dog needs to enter the country and how do I find out what it costs to take my dog? (cost of flight??) ... Thank You all very much :)

Guest Anonymous

OPS sorry LOL.. I'd be flying from Canada to Poland .... I remember once seeing a lady taking her Yorkie and I'd like to take my Ozzy with me.. he'd have a blast with my cousins Boxer :D

In that case if its only for a short trip I would advise you to get someone who knows your dog to look after him. Poland has the highest incidence of rabies in eastern Europe also, but if quarantine laws are not required you will at least have to have an up to date rabies vaccination and microchip/tatoo. There is about 6 months of preparation prior to travel as blood tests are required and the dog will have to be tested 6 months from the date of rabies vaccination in order to return back to Canada.

Your best bet is to talk to the airline or your citizens advice bureau.

Just as an additional most airlines now will not fly Pit bull terriers, staffs, etc or any flat nosed dogs like British bulldogs, Pekes japanese chins etc.

Guest Anonymous

Thank You Kat...hhmm I guess I'll be ether not going or leaving the lil munchkin home with my mom... I dont know if i want to go if that means I have to leave him.. Thanx again.. now this is something I'll have to really think about...

• 4 years later...

Hi!

Since 2004 Poland belongs to the European Union, so if you have to travel with your dog there, you'll have to make some proceedings. I've found some interesting articles at petslovershotels (.com) like:
Traveling with your dog by plane and Pet Passport.
The prices of the flight depends on the airline you are going to buy the ticket. I recommend you to take a direct flight so is less stressful for you dog.

Hope you'll have a wonderful trip!!