Dogomania

can you give me some tips?

izzy

Hi guys, with the emotion of find this funny site i forgot to tell you the little story of Lola... well we rescue her from an irresponsible owner, he kept in a very small place with a little dachshund. They were in horrible contidions so we convince the owner to give us both dogs (now the dachshund is with my sister) and he used to feed them with bones, meat, soup, rice, bread and all the stuff you can imagine, so Lola has a teeth problem. We took her to the vet and he gave us directions for cleaning her mouth, but i see it has been a little progress since we started (about five months ago)... Lola is about 2 years old... do you have some tips on how to clean her teeth? or maybe feed habits?

PS. i don't know if i explain myself right... my english language is limited... i guess you saw that in my other posts... well now i got another motivation fo being here... dogs and language practice...

Aside from brushing daily you can get dental toys, things like Dental Kongs, Kongs, Cotton Knotted Ropes - for chewing or playing tug with them, Dental Bones, some people advocate real bones and I have heard somewhere that if you go to the right place you can get untreated rabbit etc skins - dogs will chew and play with them and they buff up their teeth nicely apparently - I haven't checked into this further yet. There are also products like Suzie's Tarter Liquid Tarter Remover that you add to their drinking water in small amounts.

[quote]A year ago Magic broke two teeth on a Nylabone dental chew toy (she bit the hard toy in half) a $1000 later[/quote]

:o :o :o

Poor Magic. :( Poor Pocketbook.

I have found that brushing and dental kongs are awsome [b]preventative[/b] but truley scaled on plaque often has to be removed like MajiesMom suggested.