Dogomania

A very special story about my dog...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

*be forewarned I will by typing the following very fast, so there is bound to be some typos in it, Sorry in advance*

There is for everyone, i feel, that one dog that you owned that truely made you love dogs. for me it was my doberman Pinscher Brianna. SHe was a smaller female maybe 50 lbs but she had a huge heart. Brianna was the perfect pet smart and loving. very affectionate, she went everywhere with me. She was a gift from a friend, a i have to find a home for her i cant keep her situation. She was so wild when i got her! she had very little manners and zero training. Brianna became my hobby, we got enrolled in dog training classes and went twcie a week for 4 months. by the time she was done she was fully OB trained, off-lead in egnlish, german and sign. She learned it so fast! it was just easy for her, she really enjoyed it. SHe was the first dog that my mom liked.

The day i got Brianna my mom went ballistic (she is not a dog lover) "Get that dog away from here, Take her back where you got her" I was in love and you cant tell a boy in love to get rid of it....i was ready to move out. I left that day and stayed gone until midnight came home snuck Brianna into the basement and then we left agin in the mrning before anyone else woke up. The fist week we were together everyday, allday. It was summer time so there was no school to take me away..I think during that time BRianna and I formed a bond. She was my babygirl. I spent all my time reading about dobies and loking for books about them. Then one day my mom came home while we were in the back yard and she looked into my eyes and said ""okay... she can some home" I was so happy. Brianna lived in my room, she alwyas had free reign of the house but always chose to be in the room i was in. YOu kno how people say that its like the dog can understand them... I am telling you that Brianna could. She would look into your eyes and watch you speak and would respond so confidently...it was like she knew what you wanted and would go and do just that. One day i was sitting in the upstairs living room watching TV and Brianna was in the chair. she walked over to me and sat down looking at me. I looked over at her and said "do you want to go outside?" that of course got quite a reaction from her, so jokingly i said "then you need to go and get your leash" she jumped up and ran. through the dining room, into the kitchen, downstairs into the basement, throuht the kitchen, throught the living room into my room, into her toy chest got her leash and then ran back up stair with it! I sat ther is total awe... I had never had her do it before she just did it. needless to say we went on a good long walk that day...and she got to lead.

Brianna was truely my best friend she was always there when i was sad or afraid, or depressed. she knew when to be hyper and run and play nad when she needed to jsut lay still. she was very good about that. I have yet to have another dog that affects me like she did. Just after i got Daz, Brianna, he , and I were all coming from the park. I had just pulled into the driveway when Brianna was out of the truck and on a cat. It was so weird because my window was like halfway down, the other was only cracked because she had a pretty high prey drive and on an occasion or two had jumped out of a moving car to tree a squirrel. But what made it weird was that she never touched anything... not the seat, not the window, the only reason i even knew she had jumped out was her leash slapped the glass as it zipped out. I watched as my dog chased a cat across the busiest street in the area...they made it across! the cat trying to jump into a tree..(Brianna was a notorious tree climber, people in the neighborhood used to knock on the door and ask me to have her do it. SHe could easily get up 12-13ft up the side of a tree before turning mid stride and jumping down. SHe used to sit in the one in our front yard it was about 12' up and watch for squirrels)so with Bri in hot pursuit the cat jumped off the tree and headed back toward me.... back across the street. At this point i was runnig full sprint at them screaming "plotz" at brianna. It was too late... just as the cat made it clear of the street a car came. It didnt even slow down. the guy behind him stopped and calmed me down enoug to go and get my dad. we took her to the emergency room. I think I knew before i was told... It was like she was angel here just to show me the love of a dog and then when i understood it and embraced it she had to leave. To share it with some one else.. I just had to tell you guys about my girl when i ran across this pic of her.

It is one of the last ones i ever took.
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UgC6AtMZaUY9eQxRU9QGwGXaue9gbzBSMA2yqaByhaQj7qqkuazo04vMUpeKH0LQiws6arbYccuYJAbNmG4JOjgiDtdRTNpGT43wrrbVFYyuL2d3oMiCxepPSOyXY5*C/Brianna.jpg?dc=4675455811747024332[/img]

Thanks for sharing RNP.

I know what you mean by that one dog in your life that is something special 'cause I had one just like your Brianna. Her name was Sandy, she was an English Cocker Spaniel mix, and my dad brought her home from the pound on the day he was told she was going to be put to sleep. He had hopes of making a bird dog out of her but she turned out to be gun shy :roll: In the end she became my dog... I was 5 yrs old when she came home to us. Everytime Dad got orders to a new base she moved with us. When I became old enough to start dating she started growling at every boy I brought home to meet mom and dad except one... Rich. She walked up to him the first time he walked into the house and demanded that he scratch her ears while everyone else stood around slack jawed. I married him a year later. Less then a year later Kristopher was born. I remember the first time I brought him home to meet her... she refused to talk to me for 2 weeks. :roll: We lost her the week before Christmas of 2000. It wan't until I got Felix that I realized what gem she really was. There are times when I look at Felix and see Sandy looking back at me.

Sorry... couldn't stop once I got started. :oops:

my special guy was also my first dog (and my mom didnt like him either) a Golden named Taurus. He was mine durig teenage years, the years when you need something special that loves you no matter what...

he would wait in the hallway for me to come home from school...same time every day he would take himself downstairs and wait..he seemed to know the bus would be there soon...

he would lay his head in my lap if I was sad, or stressed...as if to say "I love you, dont worry about anything else...." I knew back then that a dog is good for stressful or painful situations, he was always there for me.
The night I got stood up for Prom my mom let him sleep in my room, never allowed before. He was the only companion I wanted, not my parents, or sister and brother...he stayed with me while I cried and
put his head in my lap and just seemed to say "I love you. Dont worry about anyone else..."

I doubt I will ever have another dog like him, but I doubt I will ever hurt that much again either. Teeneagers need special care, they are fragile in a lot of ways. Taurus helped me be less fragile and more confident.

Guest Anonymous

What a truly touching story, thanks for sharing RnP... it brought tears to my eyes,
and like everyone else I was reminded of my special dog... lucky me, I've been blessed with three that really touched me, but I think Hazel stood out above them the most, for she taught me everything there is to know about love, challanges, losses, and over comming it all.

Dogs are deffently a little piece of something of a higher power sent to us to help teach us these things that only dogs can teach :angel:

[quote]I doubt I will ever have another dog like him, but I doubt I will ever hurt that much again either. Teeneagers need special care, they are fragile in a lot of ways. Taurus helped me be less fragile and more confident.[/quote]

You are so right, Courtnek!! My special dog would be Rowie, yes, she's still alive, but I doubt I will ever come across such a loving dog like her. Being a teenager, I totaly understand what you mean here, Courtnek. Rowie always lays her head on my lap when I'm sad, depressed, or stressed. When I'm happy I can actually SEE the joy in her eyes! The thing I love most about Rowie is her smile, which you can see in my Avater. I have great respect and love towards Goldens. The bond they have with their owners (to me) is like no other...

R'N'P, beautiful, touching story!! :cry: Thank you sooo much for sharing. And her pictures are beautiful, I love her ears!! :iloveyou:

Beautiful story, so sad you had to lose her though. :cry: The pictures are gorgeous, I love her floppy ears!

I can't imagine what I would do if Jesse got run over. He doesn't seem to realize a car will kill him, he doesn't get out of the way very fast. :-? I worry that he'll be run over, sometimes.
Jesse is the absolute best dog I've ever had! He follows me everywhere. Sleeps with me, lays at my feet, follows me from room to room. Last week I went to town and Jesse sat on the back of the couch looking out the window as I left. When I got back 3 and a half hours later the other kids said Jesse had sat on the couch the whole time looking out the window until I got back! He is so faithful and loving, my precious baby.

Guest Anonymous

I knew you guys would get it!
thanks for listening, It felt good to talk about it. it was one of those things that really hurt but,i kinda of supressed it. it was nice to get it out, thanks for reading, and for supporting.