Dogomania

Queensland identifcation 22 point system pit bulls

pitgal

Hi guys just thought you would like to see the 22 point system on how these parasites identify the Pit bull, in Queensland.

Nita Cunningham and the Premier Mr Beattie need to explain to all Queenslanders why a Champion Chihuahua Pat scored high in the
substantially meets the discription of an American Pit bull. Here are the ratings , a study made by the EDBA of the Queensland 22 point system,
to a chihuahua.
Its 1 out of 3 so check this out.

1/ The dogs head is medium in length and brick shaped, out of 3 Pat
Scored 1.
2/ Dogs head has a skull shape which is flat and at the ears with prominet cheeks. scored 2 out of 3
3/ Dogs muzzle is wide and deep, scored out of 3 a 2
4/ Dogs muzzle has well pronounced jaws, displaying strength.scored a 3
5/ Dogs upper teeth meet tightly over lower teeth. PAT scored 3
6/Dogs ears are set high on the head and free from wrinkles.
scored out of 3 a 2.
7/dogs eyes are round. scored a 3 out of 3.
8/Dogs eyes are set apart , low down on the skull. scored out of 3 a
9/ Dogs nose has wide open nostrils. PAT scored a 3 out of 3.
10/ Dogs neck is muscular and slightly arched.scored 3 out of 3.
11/ Dog neck tapers from the shoulder to the head. 3 out of 3
12/ Dogs neck is free from looseness of skin. scored a 3 out of 3.
13/Dogs shoulders are strong and muscular with wide sloping shoulder blades. scored 3 out of 3.
14/Dogs back is short and strong. scored out of 3 a 1.
15/ Dogs back is slightly sloping from withers to rump. scored 3 out of 3.
16/Dogs back is slightly arched at the loins with loins slightly tucked.
scored 3 out of three.
17/Dogs chest is deep, but not to broad , with wide sprung ribs.3 out of 3.
18/ Dog legs are medium to large , round bined and reasonably strong.
scored out of 3 a 1.
19/ Dogs feet are medium size , 3 out of 3.
20/ Dogs thighs have well developed muscles out of 3 scored a 1.
21/ Dogs coat is short and stiff to touch.scored a 3 out of 3.
22/The dogs height is between 30cm and 70cm Pat quite obvisously failed
as he is a chihuahua.scored a 1
Now how ridiculous , according to Animal Control Officers , Pat the
Chihuahua meets the discription of a American Pit Bull Terrier Type.
Since the minimum test results for a dog that bears no resembalance
to a pit bull in any degree is 22, it is only necessary to score 23 and additional 23 points to qualify for the death sentence .
If a Chihuahua scores 50 points which Pat has done, the minimum to qualify for the death sentence is 45. What chance does any innocent dog breed have ????
This is a flawed system , Mr Beattie should put all dogs over the coals and see what they rate, including his , how many dogs would meet this discription.

pitgal. :evil:

I think whomever did the rating of this paticular dog must have made an error in the rating or deliberately skewed the numbers to make a point:

[quote]4/ Dogs muzzle has well pronounced jaws, displaying strength.scored a 3 [/quote]
A Chihuahua does not have pronounced jaws nor do their jaws display strength so then we could assume that 3 is low??? But if that is the case than this:
[quote]1/ The dogs head is medium in length and brick shaped, out of 3 Pat Scored 1.[/quote]
Has got to be wrong as a Chihuahua has a more wedge shaped head with a fairly pronounced stop - hardly could be considered brick shaped.
I'm gathering that 3 most closely matches? However, whether 1 is indicating most pronounced or most meets defination or 3 is one of these statements is incorrect. The evaluation is flawed, the system [b]might[/b] not be.

Compare the survey versus AKC description of Chihuahua:

Head/Skull Shape
System:
1/ The dogs head is medium in length and brick shaped, out of 3 Pat
Scored 1.
2/ Dogs head has a skull shape which is flat and at the ears with prominet cheeks. scored 2 out of 3
AKC:
A well [b]rounded "apple dome"[/b] skull, with or without molera.

Muzzle/Teeth
System:
3/ Dogs muzzle is wide and deep, scored out of 3 a 2
4/ Dogs muzzle has well pronounced jaws, displaying strength.scored a 3
5/ Dogs upper teeth meet tightly over lower teeth. PAT scored 3
AKC:
Muzzle - Moderately [b]short, slightly pointed[/b]. Cheeks and jaws [b]lean[/b]
Bite - Level or scissors. Overshot or undershot bite, or any distortion of the bite or jaw, should be penalized as a serious fault. - [color=red]SO FAR THIS IS THE ONLY DESCRIPTION THAT MATCHES[/color]

Ears
System:
6/Dogs ears are set high on the head and free from wrinkles.
scored out of 3 a 2.
AKC:
Ears - Large, erect type ears, held more upright when alert, [b]but flaring to the sides at a 45 degree angle when in repose, giving breadth between the ears. [/b]

Eyes
System:
7/dogs eyes are round. scored a 3 out of 3.
8/Dogs eyes are set apart , low down on the skull. scored out of 3 a
AKC:
Eyes - Full, but not protruding, balanced, set well apart-luminous dark or luminous ruby. (Light eyes in blond or white-colored dogs permissible.)
[color=red]THIS POINT MAY MATCH[/color]

Nose
System:
9/ Dogs nose has wide open nostrils. PAT scored a 3 out of 3.
AKC:
No comparable description.

Neck
System:
10/ Dogs neck is muscular and slightly arched.scored 3 out of 3.
11/ Dog neck tapers from the shoulder to the head. 3 out of 3
12/ Dogs neck is free from looseness of skin. scored a 3 out of 3.
AKC:
Neck - Slightly arched, gracefully sloping into lean shoulders. Topline - Level.
[color=red]THE ONLY MATCHING POINT IS SLIGHTLY ARCHED[/color] I don't think the musculature in a pit's neck can be equated with the musculature in a Chihuahua's neck - pretty sure no animal control officer will make that mistake.

Shoulders
System:
13/Dogs shoulders are strong and muscular with wide sloping shoulder blades. scored 3 out of 3.
Shoulders -[b] Lean[/b], sloping into a slightly broadening support above [b]straight forelegs that set well under[/b], giving a free play at the elbows. Shoulders should be well up, giving balance and soundness, sloping into a level back. (Never down or low.) This gives a chestiness, and strength of forequarters, [b]yet not of the "Bulldog" chest[/b].
[color=red]ONLY MATCHING POINT IS A SLOPE TO THE SHOULDERS[/color]

Back
System:
14/Dogs back is short and strong. scored out of 3 a 1.
15/ Dogs back is slightly sloping from withers to rump. scored 3 out of 3.
16/Dogs back is slightly arched at the loins with loins slightly tucked.
scored 3 out of three.
AKC:
Hard to find equivalant descriptions, here is the best I could get.
Topline - Level.
sloping into a level back.

Chest
System:
17/Dogs chest is deep, but not to broad , with wide sprung ribs.3 out of 3.
rounded and well sprung (but not too much "barrel-shaped").
AKC:
Body - Ribs rounded and well sprung (but not too much "barrel-shaped").
This gives a chestiness, and strength of forequarters, yet not of the "Bulldog" chest.
[color=red]SEEMS TO ME THIS IS A PARTIAL MATCH[/color]

Legs
System:
18/ Dog legs are medium to large , round bined and reasonably strong.
scored out of 3 a 1.
AKC:
No description of leg itself but other section give indication of daintiness.

Feet
System:
19/ Dogs feet are medium size , 3 out of 3.
AKC:
Feet - A small, dainty foot with toes well split up but not spread, pads cushioned. (Neither the hare nor the cat foot.) Pasterns - Fine.
[color=red]NO MATCH AT ALL, 19/ Dogs feet are medium size , 3 out of 3 IS THIS SUPPOSED TO MEAN THAT THE EVALUATOR THINKS THAT A CHIHUAHUA PERFECTLY MATCHES THE STATEMENT???? IF A CHIHUAHUA HAS MEDIUM FEET, I'D LIKE TO SEE SMALL FEET.[/color]

Thighs
System:
20/ Dogs thighs have well developed muscles out of 3 scored a 1.
AKC:
Hindquarters
Muscular, with hocks well apart, neither out nor in, well let down, firm and sturdy. The feet are as in front.
[color=red]MATCHES I GUESS BUT AGAIN I DON'T THINK AN ANIMAL CONTROL OFFICER WILL HAVE A PROBLEM DIFFERENTIATING.[/color]

Coat
System:
21/ Dogs coat is short and stiff to touch.scored a 3 out of 3.
AKC:
Coat
In the Smooth Coats, the coat should be of [b]soft texture[/b], close and glossy.

We obviously needn't make an issue over height.

[size=6]Either the evaluator is making errors or trying to make a poorly founded case or the [i]Champion Chihuahua [/i]does not meet the breed standerds.[/size] :-?

Consider that the minimum score would be 22 or 33%. This is a system similar to the taxinomical systems I used to identify subsets of plants within their own subset. This means that in both systems any shrub in the subset of "shrubs" or any dog in the subset of "dogs" stands a good chance of matching some of the requirements. Therefore a rating of 56% is a clear miss. We used to have to have a 90% match rule for interpretive work and a 95% match rule for testing purposes. I would suspect that even a mixed breed should give a result of 90% perhaps as low as 85%.
So I agree Hmmm that many dogs would loosly fit this description but [b]hopefully[/b] the system is requiring at least an 85% match to identify mixes and at least a 90% to identify pure pit type dogs. I would like more info on the system, percentages to pass, and what is done if a dog is determined to be a pit type dog.

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Image1'][quote]
7/dogs eyes are round.[/quote]

Is there another shape!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have a link to this.[/quote]

yes, pit bulls eyes are almond shaped, not round.

Why don't they just get someone who ACTUALLY KNOWS what a pit bull looks like to determine what breed it is. It only takes a few hours of study to be able to determine a Pit Bull from say a staffy.

My biggest question though is this - why do they make these stupid laws anyway? Shouldn't it be a case of the individual dog, this point system only proves that these laws are stupid, if they'd actually just judge the dog by its personality they wouldn't need to make up such a stupid scaling system :-?

Guest Anonymous

I'm having a lot of trouble picturing what this chihuahua looks like :o

This is rediculous, I agree with you Aroura, but my guess is it's set in place because if given the chance and not brough up right ect. ect. an APBT can do more dammage then a chihuahua, not to say a Chi. can't, but you get my drift :wink:

I have this feeling this point system thing wasn't even made up by someone who knows anything about the APBT :roll:

Actually if you read breed descriptions and standerds it matches many of the points for American Staffordshire Terrier and American Pit Bull Terrier and Staffordshrie Bull Terrier fairly well. I have not seen the original but some of the wording appears to be taken word for word from [url]www.akc.org[/url]

[quote name='kendalyn'][quote]Dogs head has a skull shape... [/quote]

Shouldn't all heads be shaped like a skull?[/quote]

Actually, this made me laugh out loud. I'm sure I'm misunderstanding it, but I can't help wondering about those non-skull shaped heads. If it's a head, isn't it skull shaped by default? Is there a breed of dog with a mushy, moldable head (Play Doh head?)? I dunno, but it sure made me laugh to think about it.

actually, some of those points fit my foxhound....round eyes, sloped withers to rump, large hocks, wide nostrils, medium feet (altho hers are actually larger than most dogs by size comparison), wide chest...

[img]http://thumb0.webshots.com/s/thumb4/7/39/0/93273900EKaUZR_th.jpg[/img]

however, she doesnt look like a Pit Bull to me....

:o

[quote name='HazelNutMeg']This is rediculous, I agree with you Aroura, but my guess is it's set in place because if given the chance and not brough up right ect. ect. an APBT can do more dammage then a chihuahua, not to say a Chi. can't, but you get my drift :wink: [/quote]

Yeah, thats true but so can a Rot, a Greyhound or a Saint Bernard, but they aren't all just PTS without even a chance to prove themselves. What about all those Pits who have dragged their familys out of burning houses, or other such things? Give them a chance and they might just save someones life, kill them for no reason and your throwing away a life that has just as much right to be here as the next.

About the skull shaped head, I'm guessing thats opposed to say an earthworm, who has a worm shaped head? :-? :drinking:

[quote name='kendalyn'][quote]Dogs head has a skull shape... [/quote]

Shouldn't all heads be shaped like a skull?[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes it should but if you read the whole thing, its saying that the skull should be shaped flat at the ears and with prominant cheeks, not the skull should be shaped like a skull
:lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote]Dogs head has a skull shape which is flat and at the ears with prominet cheeks[/quote]