Dogomania

does your dog sleep talk?

Luka-pop

My Rottie Athena is a very vocal and moving dreamer...she gets barking and yipping in her sleep and all 4 legs start pumping...I think shes dreaming about chasing a rabbit that just always stays out of her reach...
It's not so much fun for me as she sleeps in my bed...waking up to a dog sleep running on your back is not fun. :drinking:

Freebee grunts and growls in her sleep, Laurel whines. Both run. Seeing the legs twitching and moving makes me want ot wake them up, but I have been told not to do that. Whatever they are dreaming about, in the first few seconds of being woke up they could potentially snap at you.
Instead I was told to say LOUDLY "KNOCK IT OFF!" which wakes them up,
but you are nowhere near them so they cant snap at you. Use their names before the KNOCK IT OFF command..they seem to respond well to that....

so mine is usually 'Laurel, Freebee, KNOCK IT OFF." They wak up looking confused, and then go right back to sleep.

The other night i had to work late, so when i got home my wife and my basset were sleeping (my wife on the bed and Lola in the carpet)... it was about 2:00 am and i was very tired and the only thing i wanted to do was rest, but it was impossible!... my wife talks in the sleep and Lola has the biggest snoar in the hole world... now it's funny, but at that time that was a torture!.... Ladie's... you broke your back working for them and they pay you that way at the end of the day (just Kidding)...

[quote]when i got home my wife and my basset were sleeping (my wife on the bed and Lola in the carpet)... it was about 2:00 am and i was very tired and the only thing i wanted to do was rest, but it was impossible!... my wife talks in the sleep and Lola has the biggest snoar in the hole world... now it's funny, but at that time that was a torture![/quote]

izzy, that is too funny!!! :lol: :lol:
You'll have to get your self some industrial eye plugs!!!