Dogomania

I've been marked!

Here I am at the dog park with my new winter coat (third day I've worn it), and a Great Dane male (fixed) comes over, lifts his leg and pees all over my back! I was sooo mad... his owner was upset too and said the dog never did that before... I really don't understand why a dog would mark a person--I can understand about marking territory, but am I territory to him? :agrue:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry, I don't mean to laugh...I have had this happen to me at dog shows before. A friend of mine was showing her dalmations and I stopped to talk with her...her male lifted his leg and peed all over my legs. She just got mad and said...dirty old dalmations!!!! some males just have no manners and will pee on the first convenient vertical surface...you were probably the closest thing the dog saw at that moment...or perhaps he smelt another dog on you...this can be a reason to why they may do that...I have had males smelling my legs...probably smelt really good since I recently had been sitting with my female Rottie (spayed) and he was ready to pee on me...I was ready for him as I could see the signs...sniffing, really interesting smell on me...and just turning slightly to start to raise the leg... :lol:
I wouldn't read too much into this...it happens. Some times its just a dirty dog with no manners...and some times they just smell some thing really good on you and decide to leave their message. :wink:

Guest Anonymous

:o :o :lol: :lol: :lol:

sorry i can't help but laugh. I'm really sorry to hear about your new jacket i know how that goes! lol but gesh.. really?? What did the owner say? lol i'm really sorry ..

[quote name='Cassie']
probably smelt really good since I recently had been sitting with my female Rottie (spayed) and he was ready to pee on me...I was ready for him as I could see the signs...sniffing, really interesting smell on me...and just turning slightly to start to raise the leg... :lol: [/quote]
That makes total sense, I'm guessing my coat would smell like Hippo, and I know Harry (the Great Dane) "likes" Hippo and has been after her forever--but the little one keeps him in line, which is quite funny to see :lol:
If I saw him, I would have moved away, but he came behind me and peed on my back, sneaky monster!!!!!
And I'm not really mad at him, I'm just mad about my coat--it's filled with dawn and might get ruined when I wash it, regardless of what they say on the label... If my coat looks ok after the wash, I'll just think it's funny too :lol:

Pei DONT wash it....have it dry cleaned. Washing will not remove the pheremones, and it could very easily cause the feathers to stick through the lining and ruin the coat. I washed my sons down coat and it disintegrated shortly after that. If you do decide to wash it, let it hang to dry. Dont put it in the dryer. I think that's what ruined Kyle's coat.

and wash it in cold water.

:lol: :lol: I'm sorry I can't help but laugh either.

I second Courtnek - I think getting the coat dry cleaned is the best idea. Though if it were me I would probably be a little emabarassed taking a coat in that smelt like dog wee and would probably wash it myself :oops:

I'm pretty pissed off right now: I've washed the coat because it said on its label "do not dry clean, machine wash in cold water & tumble dry low". Now it's gone twice through the dryer and it had clumps of dawn all through the different little sqares--I've evened them out and put it through the dryer again because it wasn't dry yet... but it doesn't look good at all. Problem is that I have another one of these coats which I had dry cleaned and the feathers still cumped. So there is no way around it, these stupid coats aren't made for cleaning--ever. And I'm pretty sure this is the last one of them feathered coats I'm buying! :evil:

hey, I'm a happy person today: after picking at the feathers and evening them out, and then putting my coat in the dryer again, now it's ok , almost as good as new :D
But I still think that if I was to be peed on, at least it could have been a Shi Tzu or a toy poodle, didn't have to be a great dane with a full bladder :lol: