Dogomania

Another rant...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Tell me please:
WHO TAKES AN UNSPAYED, IN HEAT FEMALE TO A DOG PARK!!!
A buddy of mine goes to the dog park all the time so Deja and I aent out to meet him. she stay on lead just because she is so little and i dont want a bigger dog dominating her. but there are all of these dogs following around this little brown dog. i notices she is swollen and peeing a lot the males are following every spot and drooling and clicking thier tounges. I tell my buddy "i think she is in heat" im thinking to my self this is a great way to have a dog fight.. and sure enough. A scottie is sniffing butt when a shepherd mix of some kind walks up the scottie turns abrubtly and chomps down on the shepherds face, the shep was so confused that this little dog bit him he just kinds jumped back a little. the scottie grumbled as it charges forward on its hind legs biting at the sheps face, the scotties owner is yelling "no" but two males fighting over a in heat female... Yeah right, that was going to work. :roll:

Long story short we left the scottie owner was making arragnements to accompany the sheps owners to the vet, the idot with the female was still there and several people decided that day wasnt the best day for the dog park and left right behind us.

the ignorance of some people is mind-numbing.

Rant over..... ahhhhhhhh!

Guest Anonymous

kendalyn your right, there should be a rule. i bet in bigger cities in probably something they could enforce but our park doesnt have staff the neighborhood basically just takes care of it. make sure there is a supply of doggy bags at the gate not that all people use them...that really burns me up! the grass id mowed by the park and games people. there have only been two fights that i have witnessed and i used to go there A LOT at least once a week, with my pups. most people have the common sense to know better, this guy didnt and when it was mentionsed he was offened that anyone would ask him to leave. jerk.

[quote]Tell me please:
WHO TAKES AN UNSPAYED, IN HEAT FEMALE TO A DOG PARK!!! [/quote]

basic stupidity? A friend of mine at work volunteered to babysit another co-workers female dog while she was on vacation. They both have
dachsunds. His is fixed; hers went into heat while he was babysitting it.
He had never had a dog go into heat before and didnt know what to do, so he asked me. I told him simply to get her some of those doggy diapers
for heat, crate her, and never let her off her leash outside, and if in the yard, keep an eye on her at all times so another strange male didnt wander in. He finally got ahold of her owner, and he was definitely NOT
happy with the situation. He now had to pay three times more attention to this dog than to his own. Plus change the "diapers" and keep her within eyesite at all times. When the owner got back he asked her why she wasnt spayed...she said "she never did this before..." She's really a ditz anyway, but to make matters worse, SHE'S A FEMALE!!! What did she think would happen with an unspayed female dog? HELLOOOOOO!!! How do you suppose they get pregnant? immaculate conception? If you're an adult female past puberty (and she has kids too) I would think you could figure out how it works with a dog.....

:o :o :o

mouseatthebusstop wrote
[quote]very wrong BUT the males should have been fixed also[/quote]

Why????

Uncastrated Males don't come into any form of estrus twice a year and don't send dogs wild twice a year. This guy was either ignorant or stupid you do not take a female on heat into the park. However I have seen it all before then the owners go beserk when your innocent dog gets interested ....amazing

Guest Anonymous

common sense is a learned thing. i said it before and i stick by it. if you dont know enough about dogs to recognize a clearly swollen rear end, more frequent peeing, and discharge as something is happening to your dog.... you got to wonder if this person should have a dog at all, less known a unaltered female that is capable of preproducing off lead with a buch of "horney" male dogs.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here RNP, but this isnt even common sense. It's experience. I could understand and forgive a man for not knowing about a female dogs heat and esterus....if no one told him or if he didnt research it how would he know? However, this woman has 3 children. She's been through esterus herself, and has to have at least SOME understanding of how a female dog's esterus would work, having been through her own every month since she was a teenager.....

You're a responsible dog owner and take pride in knowing all you can about your dogs. I applaud that. However, some men would never even consider the issue. It's not something they have ever experienced. Ed didnt, the fact that this could happen never occured to him, it's not something men generally think about. A woman, however, especially with children, should have an experiential understanding of the process. at least, in my opinion. Having been through
esterus themselves, you'd think they'd realize that with dogs it's something
similar, and bound to happen someday.....

[quote]
very wrong BUT the males should have been fixed also
[/quote]
[quote]
Why????

Uncastrated Males don't come into any form of estrus twice a year and don't send dogs wild twice a year. This guy was either ignorant or stupid you do not take a female on heat into the park. However I have seen it all before then the owners go beserk when your innocent dog gets interested ....amazing
[/quote]

Ok I agree that it was idiotic to bring the female to the park also, I agree VERY STRONGLY about that! ...But I dont agree that the males shouldnt have been fixed too. It may be true they dont send out AS strong of signals but other dogs and bitches can tell if the male is or isnt neutered. For example, when I volunteer once in a while we will recieve a new dog that hasnt been neutered. The other most of the time sweet dogs seem to turn into monsters the way the react to him! No matter what you think the factor of fixed or not does play a part in the scene.