Dogomania

anyone else have great pyrenees?

pyrless

Hi! Sasha is our latest addition, she is just about 6 months old now, our first Pyr and the best dog I have ever known! She is sweet, smart, mellow, affectionate and an old soul. I am continually amazed by her! I would love to hear stories of other Pyrs-for example, do any of your dogs also head butt you for petting, rub against you like a cat, or just place their paw on your knee? Look forward to it!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

Hi pyrless,

We are owned y a Lab and a Boxer but my grandfather raised Great Pyrenees for atime when I was much younger. I can still remember them and they were an amazing breed.

LOL, the head butt is what sparked the memory, their male, Buster always done this. Sashasounds like a beauty. We are in Ohio so the warm summer was not always the best time for them but my grandparents live on a very large farm with lots of room to roam and a 3 acre pond so they always had something to do (my grandparents also with the daily grooming lol). They loved the winter and it was a greatscene to see them in the snow.

Talk to you soon.

My aunt has a great pyrenees, she is a wondrous dog! She does that head butting too. :lol: And slobbers... :roll: Its one of my favorite dog breeds and someday I want to have one. Here is a picture of Morga;
[img]http://images.snapfish.com/3395%3A4%3A323232%7Ffp8%3Enu%3D3232%3E3%3C%3A%3E2%3B5%3E23233%3C%3A3%3A6658otb4%3A2gi1lsi[/img]

Do you have any pictures of your dog?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

I have a 6 year old great pyr/rough collie cross. He is a georgous dog and very loyal! He, infact, does the "paw on the leg" thing also! He is super smart, he has figured out that if he gets infront of me when I am busy, and (he WILL NOT move :lol: ) that I will pet him and pay him attention! I love him so much! :D

it's good to hear from you guys who love this breed too!!! Sherry01, do you also have a Pom? I think we may have discussed on another forum! :D Nea, I love that photo-it looks alot like Sash. I do have photos but no digital ones...sorry! maybe some day i will drag myself into the information age! :roll:
anyways. Sasha now has a huge cone on her head 'cause she just got fixed and won't stop messing with her stitches. big dog+big cone=alot of stuff getting knocked over!
Sasha is 60 lbs. now, bigger than my Elkhound and slowly taking over the "pack"...
Keep writing, you guys!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

She is 10yrs old and she does the same things butting her head into you so you will pet her and putting her paw on you for attention She is a great dog we have only had her for 3yrs we rescued her and are so glad we have her. I also have a polish tatra and he does the same thing so it must just be a trait they all have
paula