Dogomania

The Wrong Kind of Spoiled... a poem...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Here's a poem I wrote during Science class, when I didn't understand the question, and the teacher was busy :wink: I wrote it thinking of them, usually small dogs, but not always, and they get "spoiled" so bad that their owners dont' train them propperly, and let them get away with everything, and so the dog turns out to have huge problems and ends up in the shelters :(

[u]The Wrong Kind of Spoiled[/u]

I'll mannered, itsy, bitsy.
Shrill tattered, Mitsy, Fitsy.
FeeFee Fido, BoBo.
Someone please just tell that dog NO!
It's yapping day in and day out.
It's never crated, just runs about.
Bad tempered, Missy, Prissy.
Sad Sheltered, Un named, now "lame".
He "Couldn't be trained"
They "wanted puppies to take after her name".
Now he's homeless because he soiled on the carpet.
Now her and her pups may never again be someone's pet.
Ill informed owners took it's toll on their "baby".
If they had picked up a book things could have been different, just maybe.
It just goes to prove, before you can train the dog, you must train the people.

Hi All

Nice poem and oh so true

This is one of the poems from my site I wrote it after seeing a similar one using the "do I go back home today" statement

DO I GO BACK HOME TODAY

When my family first bought me to live within their home. They cuddled and they pampered me and groomed with brush and comb.

They played with me and laughed with me and showered me with toys. I sure do love my family, especially the tiny girls and boys.

The children loved to feed me; and give me special treats. They even let me sleep with them - all snuggled up in their sheets

I used to go for lovely walks, often several times a day. They even fought to hold my lead, I'm so very proud to say!

These are the things I'll not forget - a cherished memory. for now I'm in a shelter, bereft of family.

They used to laugh and praise me when I played with that old shoe. But I didn't know the difference between the old one and the new.

The kids and I would grab a rag, and for hours we played tug. So I thought I did the right thing when I chewed that bedroom rug.

They said that I had lost control and would have to live outside. I didn't really understand all this, though I really really tried!

The walks they stopped one by one; they said they had no time. I wish that I could change things; I wish I knew my crime.

My life became so lonely shackled to a metal chain. I barked and barked continually I thought I was going insane.

So they took me to the shelter but were embarrassed to say why. So they said I caused an allergy, then said their last goodbye.

If only I'd had some training, as a tiny little pup. I wouldn't have been so hard to live with, when I was all grown up.

You only have one day left", I heard the kennel staff say. Does that mean I have a second chance? "Do I go back home today"?

Doglistener

[quote name='sashagirl']It's just that I have seen that poem, and they give credit to

By Sandi Thompson[/quote]

[quote]This is one of the poems from my site I wrote it after seeing a similar one using the "do I go back home today" statement [/quote]

If it is the same as mine then they have misquoted as I mantioned I wrote it after seeing a slightly similar poem using "do I go back home today"

Regards

Doglistener