English Bulldogs

Duke_3

Here are some links to bulldog rescue groups:

[url]http://www.rescuebulldogs.org[/url]

[url]http://www.rainyday.net/dd/railroad/[/url]

These two are not rescues but they are breeders in Canada

[url]http://www.englishbulldogs.ca/adoreabull/[/url]

[url]http://www.kullectabull.com/[/url]

There are quite a few bulldog rescue groups in the US but I don't know how far you can travel

wow, you really are having a bad day. :(

It's ok! Sometimes it is easy to get excited about something and get a little carried away. It happens to everybody. Just be glad you didn't go too far and really get committed into something.

I know about getting carried away by excitement. It's how I picked my major in college... I'm still trying to turn it around.

Guest Anonymous

Lexie, I'm sorry if I put you down any earlier when I chatted with you on MSN :( I feel kina bad now, and may have over reacted, I was really tired and cranky, and had a million things to get done and still hadn't finished reading my first post reading on Dogo :o It's to dark to help you with Duke now unfortantly, like I said it probably will be... so hopefully you don't have to babysit 2moro so we can then... boy, this seems like something we're NEVER guna get done :o :-? I haven't read the other posts under MY Toller yet, but I will go do that now...

Guest Mutts4Me

Lexie, I'm going to give you my favorite response to this kind of thing, okay?

If you really want another dog (and think hard about it), then have your parents take you to a local shelter. Tell the people there what you want. If you want a laid-back, easy going dog to fit your lifestyle, then the people there are best suited to tell you want dog is best for you. Not [i]breed[/i] mind you, but dog. A specific dog that resides in their shelter.

It may be your best bet, instead of pouring over breed after breed, trying to find the ideal one for you, when in reality, each dog is an individual. And no one can deny certain breed characteristics, but not every dog of a certain breed is going to act a certain way. So unless you're dead set on a specific breed, then I think a shelter or rescue is your best bet.

If you are set on a specific breed that you think fits you, then try to locate a breed-specific rescue near you, and contact then to see if they have any dogs that they think would suit your needs. It's possible.

Good luck in whatever you choose.

Mutts, i am considering not even getting another dgo. My parents are thinking and ive almsot swayed them im reallly close to getting permission, but everyone here hates the idea, so FU*K it, i wont get one. even thought ehy dont stop and ask, why do you want another dog right now? they just go out and start yelling at me for thinking about geting another dog. noone asked why? no one said, mabey you should think about it way more, because i dont know you very welll but i think that you shoudl wait a while and see if you still want one. noone of them said that. They all started telling me no. ANd this is going to start another big argument, but w/e i truly honeslty dont care becuase if someone ASKED why for a change mabey theyd understnd.

P.S i was (untill now) saying my rents enough to get a dog, but now im going to let the entire thing go. and up till now i was planning on going to the shelter and fostering an animal for a few weeks so the parents could see waht its like with to dogs nad stuff, but now, im not im just going to play with the dog i "already have" and try and make him stay home becuase thats what everyone else wants me to do becuase out of the 27 ppl ive told abotu getting another dog ONE of tehm is happy for me. ONE of them wants me to get another dog ONE of tem actully helped me almost get another dog ANd that person is my sister.

And she lives near an aSPCA that has a foster progrma up and running for the holidays, and i was soooo happy, and sp pleased about this even though sahra told me not to tell ehr anything about my dogs or getitng a dog anymore i told her i was goig to foster an animal, becuase i thouoght shed be happy for me, I truly thought shed be happy for me, first i got a hm..frm her, and then, nope not a wow thats great! :D i got an argument. ANd i see wahere sehs coming from, but i disagree. So wahtever forget i said anything about getting a dog. Becuase it makes all of YOU think its a stupid idea so wahtever ill forget it, i wont even ask my parents anymore evemn though i was so close, ill tell them forget it.

And i might seem really bit**y, and stuff, but im not really that bad right now. Im angry yes, becuase i dont know why everyones so mad at me. becuase they dont know me, If tehy asked why then i would tell them and allow them to argue then bedase then theyd know why i wanted to do that. and id let them yell at me. And if they asked me how are you. Id tell the the truth i was great till now. and yes this is a longgggg post. BUt it needs to be.

And if tehy understood stuff liek i do, and saw stuff thorugh my eyes, walked a mile or even a foot in ym shoes theyd tell everythign was different. Becuase i am differnt. I think about everyhting doffernt. NAd mabey i have some kind of unseen un known disease that makes me this way but still i am so think waht you want guys.
Just ask me..or sumthin

Good grief!

When you're done having your temper tantrum, maybe you can read back through some of these posts carefully and objectively. The way to respond to solicited advice is with "thank you." You asked, we answered. No one yelled at you. The advice is there to use or not use as you see fit, but don't come pitching a fit because it isn't what you wanted to hear. It's not all about being happy for YOU. Have you even stopped to consider that it's not all about YOU? Fine, I'm happy for YOU wanting another dog. I'm just not happy for the dog.

no horse i just wish that ppl would ask my why i want another dog instead of telling me not to get one. I mean mabey its not the right time ill accept that, after youve asked me why i want another dog right now. Becuase noone has asked me yet why i want another dog. thats all im saying and ive tryed to say it befor but still they havent asked..so ambey ill make a post telling why i jsut dont want them all to keep saying NO dont do it, without knowing why . They kinda assume i can't take care of dogs.
Thats all, im sorry i was in a really bad mood, and am a lil better now it jsut bugged me

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Duke_3'] even thought ehy dont stop and ask, why do you want another dog right now? they just go out and start yelling at me for thinking about geting another dog. n[b]oone asked why? no one said, mabey you should think about it way more, because i dont know you very welll but i think that you shoudl wait a while and see if you still want one. [/b]noone of them said that. They all started telling me no. ANd this is going to start another big argument, but w/e i truly honeslty dont care becuase if someone ASKED why for a change mabey theyd understnd.
[/quote]

Lexie, EVERYONE SAID THAT! I'm sorry for the way I acted earlier online, but you have to understand, I'm getting really frustarted. You ARE acting really immiture, and I"m sorry, but that's just my opinion. And yes, I may have overreacted earlier online, and i"m sorry, I had gotten in a fight with Jared, and just got really overwhelmed by everything in my life, and after having to try and save my dog from running off down the road today from YOUR current dog. I REALLY dont' want to see the same thing happen to a new puppy, and if I am correct, a reason for a new dog that you gave me earlier was so Duke could have a friend too... that Duke really needs a friend, and I tried, so VERY hard to keep my temper, and believe it or not, am trying to right now, but I will explain, what i did at the time. Duke by all means is welcome to become friends with Coal, and I would LOVE for them to be friends, because quite frankly, Coal is a little dog deprived too :wink: But the REASON Coal and Duke aren't allowed to hang out is because we dont' want Duke teaching Coal to wander. You think that him having friends is more important then him wandering, well it's not! A friend (well... they could, if their not a good friend :o ) can't run him over with a car, a friend can not hurt him in any way that wandering can, and[i] because[/i] of his wandering, he doesn't have friends!!
Sweetie, people didn't tell you NO, they gave you their opinions, and advice, and you could either take it in maturly and responsibly, go through all the facts, and ask questions, or TELL us WHY you want a dog! People here are NOT mind readers! You have to give us the details for us to know why you think it is so important that you get another dog. To us, INCLUDING ME, and dear you KNOW I will ALWAYS look out for you and try to stear you in the right direction, but even I think it's not the right time!! If you tell us how the good outweighs the bad, then we will tell you the advice we can give with that information. And i'm sorry if I made it seem like to these people that your a bad dog owner in your eyes, but I knew you weren't giving them facts that needed to be known, and I know these people, adn they ARE NICE PEOPLE! TRUST ME! I've goten in some squables with them before, I've even stoped posting, and "lurked" for some time, and did a LOT of thinking... it really gets you thinking when that many people, from all over the world, all different opinions, all differnet training methods and ways of raising their dog, all think on the same level. When that happens, you have to sit back and think "hey, maybe their right..." and once you've got that planted in your head, you TALK to them! You ask for advice, you give all the info you can, and they will give you advice. You don't HAVE to take it, you don't even have to [i]read[/i] it! But it would be nice if you sat back and read it, and thought it through, and asked them questions ect. ect.
Now I said I was through with this topic, but I really want to HELP! I don't want to see you stuck in the end with two dogs that wander around the neighborhood, bringing home junk like gum boots and fifty first aid kits, and dogs that just don't listen! You think working with one dog is hard? TRY TWO! Duke is years old, and already has bad habbits that will be tough to get rid of, so if you try to fix those now, PLUS try to teach a new dog new rules, and try to break bad habbits before they start with that dog, so that you won't have to worry about it in the future, it will be REALLY TOUGH! that's why I decided not to get another dog until COAL was ready, and i was financially ready. I would LOVE to get another dog in a heartbeat, you know that, but I know that there's too much responsibility that needs to go into Coal, same goes for Duke. Everyone here just wants you to realize these factors, and think them through some.

[quote name='Horsefeathers!']Good grief!

When you're done having your temper tantrum, maybe you can read back through some of these posts carefully and objectively. The way to respond to solicited advice is with "thank you." You asked, we answered. No one yelled at you. The advice is there to use or not use as you see fit, but don't come pitching a fit because it isn't what you wanted to hear. It's not all about being happy for YOU. Have you even stopped to consider that it's not all about YOU? Fine, I'm happy for YOU wanting another dog. I'm just not happy for the dog.[/quote]

[size=7][color=red][b]Excellent post Horsefeathers[/b][/color][/size]
And also very very tactful :lol: