Dogomania

KathyM's Ruby

LisaLQ

As some of you might know (haven't checked the boards to see if she's posted) KathyM's Ruby went to the vets tonight about lumps in her boobies.
Very sadly, the vet said they are definitely malignant, and although they'd normally operate and offer chemo, Ruby is not a candidate for that as she cant have general anaesthetic or sedation. So Ruby is to go home and live out the last of her days in a warm safe home and comfy bed. The vet has said she has 4-6 months so Kathy is understandably very upset.
I hope she doesn't mind me posting on her behalf, I just thought you would like to know - so that we can all send our love and hugs to Kathy, Ruby, and her family.
So sorry Kathy :cry: :bigcry: :calus:
(I'll let Kathy fill you in on the full story, I've not asked to post this and hope she's not upset by me stepping on toes...)

KathyM,

I'm so sorry! What a horrible thing to happen.

But remember... she will always be there for you. Sure, she's not there in body, but she is there in spirit. You won't be able to feel her, or touch her, but she is still there. She will be part of the earth again, she will be the sun, the stars, the air you breathe in, the soft green grass and the ocean. She will be all those other dogs around the world that need our help. She will be the energy around you. She will still follow at your heels wherever you go, she will watch you grow, your kids (if you have any) grow, and she will be there when it is your time to join the Earth. And she'll bark happily and you'll be able to see her again. And she'll jump around and take your hand and lead you to the rainbow bridge....

Treasure the moments you have with her. Just like you would with a child, act like nothing is wrong with her. Take loads of hugs, pics, and kisses.

And when the time does come, remember she is not really gone. It's only the flesh around her that is gone, the spirit inside, the spirit you love, will always be there no matter what.

We're all here for you if you ever get frustrated and need a shoulder to cry on!

:cry:

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, Kathy! That must have been a very hard decition! :cry:
Give Ruby a big hug from me and my darling Ben and Bella! It's 1am here now, but I promise I'll light a candle for Ruby tomorrow night - give her a chanse to spread her wonderfull light around here aswell!
I hope she'll pull through! My thoughts will be with you and Ruby! :calus: