Dogomania

Is It too soon???

Sharpeigirl

Is it too soon to be getting another dog? I've been visting shelters, and my heart is just melting at all the cuties out there. I still miss Sassy, but we want another dog so bad. What do we do, wait a little longer or take the plunge :-? :-?

BTW this is the baby that has me hooked

[img]http://www.critterconnection.com/jpegup/animal35125.jpg[/img]

Everyone is different as to when is the right time.
You will never replace your lost one, but a new one will
help the hurt.
Only you and your partner will know when it is the right time.

Guest Anonymous

Whatever your little heart desiers dear! :D He is ADORIBLE! I thought I was ready for a new pup after Hazel, but I guess I wasn't... It's taken me a LOOONG time to feel ready to take on Coal actually, too long then the poor pup needed :( But I'm making up for that now with all the love i can give him and training he needs :) As long as you know in your heart that your truly ready, then I say go for it! Sassy girl can never be replaced, she had dug a special place in your heart, that will never be dug deeper, nor filled. But the new pup you get will be able to dig a new hole, no bigger, no smaller, that will also never be able to be filled :wink:

i agree with what everyone else here has said already :P
everyone`s healing process is different :) Sometimes a new addition to the family can help take away the hurt of the one you have just lost :angel:
Whatever feel`s right for you and Becky is the right thing to do :wink:

BTW by the look of that pic there`s no wonder he`s got you hooked, he`s gorgeous :iloveyou:

GO FOR IT SHAR!!! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

besides the fact that he is jsut ADORABLE!!! and I LOVE his name!!

your heart is telling you that you want another pupster...and I firmly believe in following the heart....my only warning would be to make sure that this is what Becky wants too. You have to consider her needs as well,
but if she is all about doing it, than go for it!!

:angel:

Guest Anonymous

I think Shar that when it's the 'right' time YOU and Becky will know. We would never judge you, this is your choice. Everyone heals differently. Sometimes the only thing that can fill a void in ones heart after loosing a pet, is having a new pet to take ANOTHER place in your heart. The new dog will never fill Sassy's place. If you think you are doing it too soon, then trust your heart. It won't lead you astray.

Good Luck!
And Lots of love :)
TPP

Guest Mutts4Me

Good Luck with Jedi :)

Everyone has different ways of dealing with things, and different periods of time. I know some people who need to grieve in isolation for a long time for such things. But at 15, when my cat - the cat who'd slept in my crib when I was a baby - passed away, it wasn't long before I wanted another cat. That in no way meant that I didn't love Cupcake with all my heart, because I most certainly did. (Now, I didn't get that kitten for another couple of years, and when I did, she was a Christmas present from my best friend, who thought it'd be a good idea to pick me out a kitten who looked just like my old cat :-? But that's another story)

Point being, Yay for you guys for following your hearts :)

Unfortuntely, Jedi isn't going to come home with us. But we have a 3yr old female rottie on our list next, Chyna. She a pretty girl, very mellow. I hope she's the one.

Little Jedi didn't do well with small furry animals, so Jedi wouldn't of fit here with ferrets & birds :( Oh well he's getting a great home.

Good luck with the 3yr old rottie. I think if you are going out to shelters and looking for a [i]replacement for your departed dog[/i] you may want to wait because you may make a hasty decision. If, however, you are out looking for a new dog to complete your family/household than you are likely ready. In the end you have to know yourself and decide.
Have you had Rotties or been around them before? Are you specifically looking for a Rottie or Rottie cross or did Jedi and Chyna just speak to you/seem like a good match etc.?
Oh and good for you for checking the shelters first!

Guest Anonymous

aww what a cutie!! i personally do not think it's too soon. we had to have our 1 year old rottie put to sleep last year due to cancer, and about a week later we were out looking, it really helped us and zoey was the best thing that append to us. it was worth it and i can't even begin to explain how much it helped us by getting her