Dogomania

Check this out! *warning heartbreaking images*

Rowie-the-Pooh

What do you think is worse, Dog Meat Inudstries or Research Labratories?  

1. 1. What do you think is worse, Dog Meat Inudstries or Research Labratories?

• Dog Meat Industries
    • Research Labratories
    • The same

[url]http://www.all-creatures.org/anex/dog.html[/url]

:cry:

[img]http://www.all-creatures.org/anex/dog-meat-14_small.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.all-creatures.org/anex/dog-meat-13_small.jpg[/img]
[b]" Someone's stolen or abandoned Saint Bernard stands alone among the cages stuffed with dogs. The animals show signs of neglect. This is Moran Market in Sungnam City. It boasts the largest dog market in Korea. There are days of the week that are considered "dog days," when you can experience the true scope of this illegal trade. This photo was taken with hidden camera. Since the 1988 Seoul Olympics, word has spread that international animal welfare groups are campaigning against this industry, and dog meat dealers have become hostile to those who disapprove. In fact, you will now find plain-clothed guards posted at the markets to prevent foreigners from approaching. (We have received reports of Saint Bernard dogs being raised for meat in China.) "[/b]

[img]http://www.all-creatures.org/anex/dog-meat-09_small.jpg[/img]
[b] "This is the wife of the dog butcher standing in front of an over-crowded cage of "meat dogs". Don't get angry at these Koreans because they treat dogs this way and eat their flesh. Our American farmers treat chickens and pigs the same way, and most people eat their dead bodies. We just need to look at ourselves in the mirror a little harder."[/b]

[img]http://www.all-creatures.org/anex/dog-meat-26_small.jpg[/img]
[b]"In the Philippines, dogs are usually sold at markets while still alive, their front limbs dislocated and tied painfully behind their backs, and a jagged tin can rammed over their jaws to make them easier to handle. All in blatant disregard of a law that carries a minimal penalty which the police do not bother to even try to enforce." [/b]

I think this has been posted before... so sad... :cry: (Make sure to check out the website... beware there are very graphic images!)

Oh god, thoes images make me sick. I think both are desgusting. I understand that is some contries people eat dogs and cats just as we eat cows and chickens but the condition that thoes animals live in are just desgusting. And that dog with two heads...I don't have words to express the desgust I feel. :cry: That poor dog just looks so sad. :cry:

Guest Anonymous

Ok. I personally think eating dog is very wrong and rather sick. But in some countries and with some cultures, people think it is no different then us eating cows or chickens. Not to mention in some cultures cows are worshipped and not eaten. I bet those people who worship cows, think it is cruel and totally wrong that we eat cows. Like we think it's wrong to eat dogs. Places like China dogs are usually not treated as pets, sure there are some. Take a look at their pet laws/by-laws and you will see that they VERY different from ours. We would probably get fined or in some sort of trouble for eating dogs, but there they do not.

Not to mention the sheer number of people in places that do eat dogs, there is usually extreme poverty. Some people have no other choice. Some people in these countries are not raised to view dogs and cats as pets.

I am not defending this practice, however I think that we need to take into account the differences between our cultures and beliefs, and other cultures and beliefs who consume dogs. It's not totally cut and dry, IMO.

Guest Anonymous

I forgot to mention, that it's horrible the way the animals are kept. I do take serious issue with that. But on the other hand look at the way some farmers keep chickens and cows. Some chickens are born inside a barely lit 'chicken barn/whatever you call it' and they are there until they are slaughtered. They never see the sunshine, they never get real fresh air and they just lay more and more chickens to suffer that same fate. Some cows (calves) are kept in tiny plastic igloo type stalls, just so people can have a certain type of meat. Also cows that produce milk are kept pregnant over and over, just so they can make milk for us.

Dairy cows usually only live a couple of years and then they have to be killed, and most of the time they are not used for meat. Because they are so worn out from having calf after, after calf. They suffer and then in the end they are tossed out like garbage. Plus most of the time, farmers will kill their babies. Onless there is a profit to be made.

And no I am not a PETA preacher! I just don't think we are much different from people who do eat dogs, because sometimes we do not keep our 'food' animals in much better conditions!

Why do you think I have NEVER once eaten meat? LOL!

Guest Anonymous

I said that the way they treat these dogs, is HORRIBLE. I agree if they must keep doing it, then they should at least treat the dogs RIGHT. However bear in mind that often these are people livng in poverty (of course not all), and again they do regard dogs the same we do. Where we all can agree that they are cruel and it's sick to eat dog. They think it's totally normal. It's a proven fact actually that people living in or grew up in proverty. Are more likely, then you or I, to abuse their or neglect their animals. I, of course know that not ALL people are like that though. I know some people totally love and treasure their pets.

But if you watch shows like "Animal Cops" or "Animal Precient" there is a common thread through each case. The owners are not rich people, they do not live in the best conditions and some seem totally clueless that they are not taking good care of their dogs. It's really sad some people think that pets are only for eating, abusing or having just to have one.

Also maybe we do not boil chickens, though I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen. But we DO boil baby goats ALIVE in order to make 'kid leather'. And yes some people do torture cows for hours.

"Leather from cows comes from cows raised for both beef and milk. Cattle raised for beef spend much of their lives on overcrowded feedlots. Studies have found that ranchers can maximize profits by giving each steer only 14 square feet of living space

:( You know, today in the paper there was an article about a chicken farm in the US somewhere that fed live chickens into a mulcher thing, apparently because it was easier and took less time and effort than killing them humanely.
I eat meat and wear leather but all I ask for is some decency to be shown to these poor animals before they end up being my food. That applies to every sort of animal in every country.

There is some hope. I read somewhere that the fast food industries like
PopEye's and McDonalds, are pressuring both the farmers and the governement to inact laws to stop this kind of treatment of meat animals.
McDonald, Popeyes and KFC have all lost lots of money by being boycotted
by people and groups after seeing TV news shows about the conditions the
animals are kept in. This is where PETA started out. And where they shold have stayed, in my opinion. Back then were not treated as crazy fanatics because they were actually doing some GOOD in these areas......

There are still people who boycott Tuna from some of the companies, because some of them capture live dolphins in their nets and dont bother to free them. And wont buy the more expensive nets that prevent dolphins and sharks from being captured.

The bottom line is money. I stopped eating at McDonalds, Popeyes and KFC...and I wrote them letters letting them know WHY....and told them I was letting other people know about the cruelty as well. That's about all
we can do...not all of the farmers treat their animals like that...the ones that do can sell their meat cheaper, by not doing things humanely.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( i`m sorry i could not look at all of the pic as the one`s i have already seen will haunt me forever. i dispair with some of so called human`s roaming this planet, they sem to be a completley differnt spieces to the likes of you and i :evil: :cry: :cry:

Guest Anonymous

Okay... here we go.
I've seen it time and time again, all of the torture given to animals by humans, and it just makes me sick sick sick. I'm glad Coal's in bed right now, nesseled in his blankies warm and loved, and not here seeing this awful stuff, or worse, there. :o :cry:
Has anyone else seen that one comercial? Were it shows a bunch of images of animals, and then shows a person, and in it, it says how people are the most inteligent species, and how the reason we're here, is so we can help the rest of the planet, and keep it safe and stuff. That's one of my most favourist comercials.
That site was so disturbing, I had to quickly shuffle through it, and not look closely. I closed it when it got too bad.
It never fails, just when I meet ONE person, or hear of ONE good story about humans and animals, and I think maybe there's hope yet, I read something like this, or worse, a lot of things like this, that outweigh the good indefenitly (sp?). :cry: I begin to wonder, why try? Why even try anymore to make a difference. Well, because when you look into the eyes of those pleeding animals, you know that to them it's worth it. To save just one, is a step closer to saving them all.

[img]http://www.all-creatures.org/anex/dog-res-21_small.jpg[/img]

I'm not saying it's right what others do to cattle, or chicken, or goats ect. I'm not saying it's right in anyway. One of the biggest problems about being human is we have compassion, and great passion, and whether we'd like to admit it or not, are all (about anyway) capible of great love, which is our greatest strength, and our greatest weakness. In the wild, if you see a pack of wolves take down a moose, it is both amazing, and revolting. They usually run it half to death, and tear out it's ligamints in it's legs, so it can't run, and tear it up pretty bad. Which by any human, would be known as torture, but done by wolves it is pure nature. This may be our fault, or gift... depending how you look at it. Our fault, because we need meat to survive really... we CAN get the same stuff from other things, as vegitarians have proven, but we do eat meat, and always have, and probably always will. It would be like trying to change a wolf, get it to not eat meat, it's just not natural. BUT, we also have compassion, and understand pain and (most of us) how other animals can suffer pain just the same. It is very hard for us to give the world all the meat it needs to survive, and treat it humanely, if it was "humane" we wouldn't be killing them, it would be way too hard to get the same produce we do now, and kill them all "humanly".
Now, since the begining dogs have been known as "Man's Best Friend". We gave them food, and in return, they gave us protection, and eventually, unconditional love and trust as well. To us who know of this unconditional love, protection, and trust, we can't even imagine that people out there would think of them as mere livestock. It seem inhumane. But like other's said, some people, depending on the culture, would think it's inhumane and cruel to eat a cow.
I agree, if it's there's no way to get around it, such as in third world contries, and it's part of their customes, as much as I hate to even think about it, they should at least do it "humanely", and as the "two headed dog" shows, not try to play god while they do it.
What REALLY ticks me off, what boils my blood thick and black is the fact that many of us sit in our fancy homes, in our fancy places, with all this money... now some of us have worked really hard to get where we are, and really do deserve it... but these people in these third world contries work just as hard, if not twice as hard, and are reduced to still having to eat dogs and cats. To still not have propper birth control methods, of propper medical care. There are places like Disney Land, all those amusement parks, Food Industries like Micky Dees (which my sister just got a job at actually :-? ), KFC, ect. ect. and they rake in the millions of dollars, all these things that we pay for, or the government pays for... meaning basicly, we pay for and for what? Just so we can drive the newest car, eat at the most popular place, or be entertained at the dizzying amusement parks. What I truly, no matter how hard I try, and how many times it is explained to me, don't understand how so much money can be pissed away, while people of our OWN RACE. OF THE HUMAN RACE, are dying, starving, disease ridden, overpopulated, eating crap food, and owning animals merely for food, and not for the compassion, love, and protection each have the abilities to diliver. It just breaks me up, and what breaks me up more, is there's just about NOTHING I can do about it. NOTHING. It's re-god-damn-diculous! :evil: :evil: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Okay, I'm done my rant. Because basiclly, there's nothing more I can say that will make a difference anyway...

Guest Anonymous

Thanks Zoe, it came from the heart. :cry: :cry:

Edited to say: Now that I've re read it when not in such a harsh state of mind, I find some of what I said might have been a bit confusing, if anyone wants me to elaborate more (in other words, give me a chance to bable on longer! :D :lol: :wink: ) or explain it, I'd be glad to.

Actually, it's been shown that most STRICT vegetarians (no meat by-products, no fish, no dairy) are actually not as healthy as Omnivores, which is what we are. They require vitamins that provide protein and enzymes that only meat, dairy and meat by-products provide.

We could do WITH A LOT LESS meat in America, we tend to overindulge and that causes heart and cholesterol problems, but meat and it's by-products appear to be necessary for complete health. Meat builds muscle,
gives "slow-burning' protein to our bodies, but with slow-burning food you
also need strenuous exercise to counteract the bad stuff. In our early
hsitory, people would have eggs, bacon, toast, sausage for breakfast.
Then they would go out and toil in the fields all day...the slow burning protein would keep them on their feet, and working hard. It's not a good
diet for a couch potato, because fat develops, and cholesterol and heart problems. But pretty much everything you do in moderation is ok for you,
and meat has been proven to be necessary for muscle growth and longevity...

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for that Court! See I didn't know all the facts on that, but was figuring it was along those lines, but then remembered about Vegitarians, so you just went to further prove my point with the facts! thanks! :)

[quote name='HazelNutMeg']Okay... here we go.
I've seen it time and time again, all of the torture given to animals by humans, and it just makes me sick sick sick. I'm glad Coal's in bed right now, nesseled in his blankies warm and loved, and not here seeing this awful stuff, or worse, there. :o :cry:
Has anyone else seen that one comercial? Were it shows a bunch of images of animals, and then shows a person, and in it, it says how people are the most inteligent species, and how the reason we're here, is so we can help the rest of the planet, and keep it safe and stuff. That's one of my most favourist comercials.
That site was so disturbing, I had to quickly shuffle through it, and not look closely. I closed it when it got too bad.
It never fails, just when I meet ONE person, or hear of ONE good story about humans and animals, and I think maybe there's hope yet, I read something like this, or worse, a lot of things like this, that outweigh the good indefenitly (sp?). :cry: I begin to wonder, why try? Why even try anymore to make a difference. Well, because when you look into the eyes of those pleeding animals, you know that to them it's worth it. To save just one, is a step closer to saving them all.

[img]http://www.all-creatures.org/anex/dog-res-21_small.jpg[/img]

I'm not saying it's right what others do to cattle, or chicken, or goats ect. I'm not saying it's right in anyway. One of the biggest problems about being human is we have compassion, and great passion, and whether we'd like to admit it or not, are all (about anyway) capible of great love, which is our greatest strength, and our greatest weakness. In the wild, if you see a pack of wolves take down a moose, it is both amazing, and revolting. They usually run it half to death, and tear out it's ligamints in it's legs, so it can't run, and tear it up pretty bad. Which by any human, would be known as torture, but done by wolves it is pure nature. This may be our fault, or gift... depending how you look at it. Our fault, because we need meat to survive really... we CAN get the same stuff from other things, as vegitarians have proven, but we do eat meat, and always have, and probably always will. It would be like trying to change a wolf, get it to not eat meat, it's just not natural. BUT, we also have compassion, and understand pain and (most of us) how other animals can suffer pain just the same. It is very hard for us to give the world all the meat it needs to survive, and treat it humanely, if it was "humane" we wouldn't be killing them, it would be way too hard to get the same produce we do now, and kill them all "humanly".
Now, since the begining dogs have been known as "Man's Best Friend". We gave them food, and in return, they gave us protection, and eventually, unconditional love and trust as well. To us who know of this unconditional love, protection, and trust, we can't even imagine that people out there would think of them as mere livestock. It seem inhumane. But like other's said, some people, depending on the culture, would think it's inhumane and cruel to eat a cow.
I agree, if it's there's no way to get around it, such as in third world contries, and it's part of their customes, as much as I hate to even think about it, they should at least do it "humanely", and as the "two headed dog" shows, not try to play god while they do it.
What REALLY ticks me off, what boils my blood thick and black is the fact that many of us sit in our fancy homes, in our fancy places, with all this money... now some of us have worked really hard to get where we are, and really do deserve it... but these people in these third world contries work just as hard, if not twice as hard, and are reduced to still having to eat dogs and cats. To still not have propper birth control methods, of propper medical care. There are places like Disney Land, all those amusement parks, Food Industries like Micky Dees (which my sister just got a job at actually :-? ), KFC, ect. ect. and they rake in the millions of dollars, all these things that we pay for, or the government pays for... meaning basicly, we pay for and for what? Just so we can drive the newest car, eat at the most popular place, or be entertained at the dizzying amusement parks. What I truly, no matter how hard I try, and how many times it is explained to me, don't understand how so much money can be p*** away, while people of our OWN RACE. OF THE HUMAN RACE, are dying, starving, disease ridden, overpopulated, eating crap food, and owning animals merely for food, and not for the compassion, love, and protection each have the abilities to diliver. It just breaks me up, and what breaks me up more, is there's just about NOTHING I can do about it. NOTHING. It's re-god-d***-diculous! :evil: :evil: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Okay, I'm done my rant. Because basiclly, there's nothing more I can say that will make a difference anyway...[/quote]
Wow Shara, excellent moving post. I could tell it came from the heart! My throat is all tight now... :cry:

Maybe you should publish a book about dogs and humans and th relationships between them? Or something like that? I knowhow much you love to write Shara :wink:

Just to make a point about 3rd world countries. I live in one, and Bahrain has adopted the "Ameriacn Lifestyle". I have NO IDEA why it is third world because actually, it seems like a second world kind place. The only reason it is third world is because it doesn't make it's own merchandise and stuff like that. Although they do export alimiuim and petrol. :-? Anyway, I'm sure when you hear "3rd world" you'll all think of us in tents with stray dogs and garbage everywhere, but the thing is, Bahrain is exactly like the USA (except hotter :wink:). The dogs here are very well cared for, and very seldom do I hear abuse stories...etc.

Another thing. Since Bahrain is an Islamic Country they kill their animals by what is called "halal" (hard to prouncounce, it has a hard "h"). They do this by saying one of the "souras" from their Holy Book the "Quraan" and then swiftly chop the head off. It may seem brutal, but actually is the best method of killing because it cuts the jegular vein in the neck and the animal has a very quick and virtually painless death. Muslims here will not eat meat that isn't killed that way because they believe it is not fair on the animals. So all McDonald's here have meat that is brought in from Saudi Arabia were (believe it or not :wink:) the cows, sheep, and chicken are taken well care of and are killed by the quick and painless "halal" method. It's safe I guess to eat meat here, since the chickens, sheep, and cows don't really suffer.

Another thing about bahrain that I love is their love for animals. Actually it's in all the Middle East. I guess it's time I got my point across or whatever but this is something I have noticed. Arabs have been for so long misunderstood. Because in Islam dogs are not allowed to enter their houses, lots of people misunderstand and think that Muslims do not like dogs/other animals. This is the opposite. I have lived here for almost all of my life. Lots of Arabs allow their dogs inside the house and/or have a special little room built just outside of the house with Air Condintioning and everything (they treat their dogs like their children!). The main thing is just not to allow the dog near the praying area. Mostly those areas up on the upstairs level of the house so the dogs are allowed inside.

I know sometimes it seems from my posts or from anywhere else that Arabs might not love their animals, but really, it's not true. This is coming from a person who has lived here since she was a baby. :wink: Actually, the Arabs favorite animal is the Arabian Horse (you should see the king's stables :o ) and then the Saluki.

I'm not accusing anyone on this board of thinking that way about arabs. :o Us Doglovers don't believe in that stuff. :wink: I just wanted to make my point (you never know who may be cruising the site? :wink:). Come on, you don't expect that after all these years living here I wouldn't have developed a love for these people. lol :D

I know it has very little to do with the topic. Please no one start about politics (something that really hurts my head lol). I just wanted to show you what it's like in my little nook of the world. :D

[quote name='abker17'] This is the reason I'm starting to very seriously consider vegetarianism. :([/quote]
Right behind you Abker..I already don't eat red meat, except for chicken which I'm trying to lay off, but my mom keeps insisting that I'm "growing" :roll:

Those pictures are revolting... I can't stand to look at them :evil:

[quote]Another thing. Since Bahrain is an Islamic Country they kill their animals by what is called "halal" (hard to prouncounce, it has a hard "h"). They do this by saying one of the "souras" from their Holy Book the "Quraan" and then swiftly chop the head off. It may seem brutal, but actually is the best method of killing because it cuts the jegular vein in the neck and the animal has a very quick and virtually painless death. Muslims here will not eat meat that isn't killed that way because they believe it is not fair on the animals. So all McDonald's here have meat that is brought in from Saudi Arabia were (believe it or not ) the cows, sheep, and chicken are taken well care of and are killed by the quick and painless "halal" method. [b]It's safe I guess to eat meat here, since the chickens, sheep, and cows don't really suffer.[/b] [/quote]
I know what you mean Rowie, I've always felt the same way too.. But nevertheless they are animals, being slaughtered for our well being... Ok well maybe Cows, Chickens, and Sheep are a must in a human's diet...but when it comes to Slaughtering dogs, and Horses just for our sake when there are plenty of other meat sources still available..that is just absurd, not to mention repulsive...

Guest Anonymous

Sorry Rowie, When I referd to Third World Contries, I really ment the wandering dogs/tents thing, I should have made myself a bit more clear. I guess it's kina like the "Backyard Breeder" lable, depends on who's the one calling it. I know there's some "third world contries" out there, like where you live, that aren't like that.
Glad you liked my post! :D :oops:

[quote]I know what you mean Rowie, I've always felt the same way too.. But nevertheless they are animals, being slaughtered for our well being... Ok well maybe Cows, Chickens, and Sheep are a must in a human's diet...but when it comes to Slaughtering dogs, and Horses just for our sake when there are plenty of other meat sources still available..that is just absurd, not to mention repulsive...[/quote]
While I agree with you on some level, you have to realize some of these places just can't AFORD to house those sorts of animals. It takes a lot of money to house cows and such, especially enough to be slaughtered for food. As sad as it is, to keep dogs for food (eww :-? ) would cost a LOT less then keeping a herd of cattle. Dogs don't need as much room to roam (or at least aren't as big so can be stuffed in smaller areas :evil: :( ), and don't need all those grazing lands to eat. But I still agree, it's still revolting and disturbing and all. But it's really hard to say whats right and wrong when your not in those people's shoes. I still stick by what i said though, if those rich people, I will not mention names *cough* [size=1]Walt Disney[/size] *cough* would maybe pitch in some of their millions to these places, and enough money got donated or whatever, they could be taught more about better birth control, and get better medical treatment, and better food to eat! :evil:

[quote]Another thing. Since Bahrain is an Islamic Country they kill their animals by what is called "halal" (hard to prouncounce, it has a hard "h"). They do this by saying one of the "souras" from their Holy Book the "Quraan" and then swiftly chop the head off. It may seem brutal, but actually is the best method of killing because it cuts the jegular vein in the neck and the animal has a very quick and virtually painless death. Muslims here will not eat meat that isn't killed that way because they believe it is not fair on the animals. So all McDonald's here have meat that is brought in from Saudi Arabia were (believe it or not ) the cows, sheep, and chicken are taken well care of and are killed by the quick and painless "halal" method. It's safe I guess to eat meat here, since the chickens, sheep, and cows don't really suffer. [/quote]
That does sound a LOT better Rowie, I wish I lived there now! :) and hot weather, are you kidding me?! If I could, I'd be on the first plane there!! :D We get winter up to 7 or 8 months of the year sometimes! :eek2: :crazyeyes:

And I agree about the picture. It's just so sad. It's my picture on MSN right now, and my name is "Speak up for those who can't speak. Save a life, who only wants love. Stop the torture inflicted on Man's Best Friend." Then on of my friends pops up and goes "That's such a cool looking dog" :x :evil: That made me SO mad! OBVIOUSLY the message I was trying to send didn't get sent :evil: :cry:

I sorta agree with some of u and I sorta don't.

I do not think it is wrong to eat animals. BUT in this day and age I think that with the way animals are being treated before they are killed..... well it's appaling, and with other choices available I'd rather go vegetarian than support that kind of thing. :-?