Dogomania

Laurel's nose SAVED US!!

courtnek

I have heard and been told that a hound's nose is extraordinary...think of bloodhounds and how they find people....but my little foxhound did her good deed for the day (night, actually...) I had asked my son to help clean up after his friends, some of whom smoke...he took out the trash and emptied the ashtray's and all seemed well, until about an hour later. :o :o

I was asleep, and Laurel started to whine, then growl, then got really agitated....I got up thinking maybe she needed to go out...she ran into the kitchen, where the garbage was smoking!!! Hadnt actually ignited into a fire yet, but would have started shortly...I poured water into it and took it outside...she stayed out there and sniffed it continuously, until she was finally satisfied it was out, and then checked every other garbage can in the house...and now has taken to checking the ashtrays as she moves through the house....she insists I go with her, and she sniffs each one, and wont lay down until she's done...GOOD DOG!!!

:angel: :angel: :angel:

Guest Anonymous

Oh my, coutnek, you don't know just how lucky you are! On March 12 of this year, my best friend's house burned down. Guess how? An ashtray dumped into the garbage with a cigarette that wasn't done burning! She lost virtually everything! Good for Laurel for catching that before it got out of hand!

[quote]Oh my, coutnek, you don't know just how lucky you are! On March 12 of this year, my best friend's house burned down. Guess how? An ashtray dumped into the garbage with a cigarette that wasn't done burning! She lost virtually everything! Good for Laurel for catching that before it got out of hand!

[quote]

yea, I DO know...that's why I'm so impressed. Freebee slept through it...
if Laurel hadnt have alerted, my house may have burned down...

she is very afraid of everything, but she seems able to overcome that fear when necessary. If not for her, I may have lost my house, my son,
maybe even myself...and Freebee and PushyCat too (both of whom SLEPT
through it)...I am very grateful to her...Maybe some things happen for a reason...I adopted a difficult, fear-filled dog, have been trying to get her issues worked out, as hard as they are...I have to go out in the yard and get her when she's too afraid to come in, no matter how cold it is...

and she probably saved my life...maybe this is my DO IT AND STOP COMPLAINING heads-up....

:D :D :D :D

[/quote]

[quote]Wow that's amazing!!!!!!!! God works in wonderous ways eh? Remember how u had the hardest time finding a dog? Yeah, I think this is why, it was ment to be!
[/quote]

I think so too...if I hadnt have adopteed her, with all her problems, I might not have a house today...

no one else wanted her...she is too fearful, not a good "family dog"

(NOT YET!! I WILL get through these issues...)

and yes, maybe it was meant to be... I love her, and wouldnt part with her,
because I knew going in she had problems that needed special help..
I know I can handle it, so I took her when no one else would...

and with all those problems., she has probably saved my life...so yes, I believe God works in strange ways...

I love her. And will work with her. that's all that matters...

Guest Anonymous

I was sitting at the computer and Gusto is usually sleeping. This night he kept barking and growling. Gusto would run to me and then to the front door. I thought that he wanted to go out but he was so aggitatied. I went to the front door and saw our huge pine tree on fire! Yikes! A power line broke and fell on the tree. We had to call the fire department and then the electric company. I wouldn't have know except that Gusto was on the alert.
And the tree was very close to our house. Gusto is our rescue dog. He was at the time a pain in the a??. A growling monster but we were trying to work with him. That was 4 years ago. We love the growly monster.
Oh and a couple of days after the fire - I was hugging Gusto from behind and he was still on alert. Gusto heard something and jumped up and his big head hit me in the eye. I had a black eye. Difficult to expain in this small town.lol.

y'know the sad part? While she was doing all the "whining, growling, stand up lay down stand up lay down" I actually yelled at her to lay down, thinking, "cant you just SLEEP like a normal dog????" She was actually
WALKING on me, which caused some bruising...pain makes me cranky, and I yelled at her.... :agrue: :agrue: :agrue:

Thank God she ignored me, and continued to fuss....

Good Girl!!! :angel: :angel: :angel:

[quote]Oh and a couple of days after the fire - I was hugging Gusto from behind and he was still on alert. Gusto heard something and jumped up and his big head hit me in the eye. I had a black eye. Difficult to expain in this small town.lol.[/quote]

GOOD FOR GUSTO!! Man, they are just amazing...the link between us and them was meant to be, I am convinced of that....

and your black eye...I sympathise...Laurel walks on me when she wants me to get up - jumps up on the bed and trots all over me. She left bruises on my wrist that looked like someone had manhandled me, and I had a really hard time trying to explain that MY DOG DID IT....

:D

Good girl Laurel! What an awesome baby.

Courtnek, it really warms my heart and brings joy-tears to my eyes to know that Laurel is with you. I know how hard it was for you and everything you had to go through to find another friend for Freebee and I know in my heart that you have the dog that was meant just for you.

She has proven to you that she has decided that you are her forever home and everything else with her will happen with time, patience and your loving heart.

:angel:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote name='courtnek'][quote]A Ridgeback will steal all of your heart and most of your bed[/quote]

[b]So will a foxhound, I've been finding out....[/b]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

It must be the Hound part, because little bitty Sandy is the same way, won't budge in the bed for nothing and wants to sleep [b]half-way under [/b]me.

:angel: