Dogomania

i know how you guys are about fad breeds.

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

i dont get people why would they take two decent dogs and mix them to make a "new" breed. now they will try to say they created a new breed of dog. people dont understand all of the work that goes into the creation of a breed. and with shelters the way they are the last thing we need is another breed of dog due to over breeding. I say any kennel... ANY KENNEL that has multiple litters on the ground from multiple breeding is doing more harm than good.... if any good at all. Responsible breeders have litters every now and then the woman i got my dogs from has had one litter in the last five years and is very respected in breeding circles.
Its about quality ot quantity.

A little off subject but i had a dalmation when i was younger, i wouldnt have now. the amount of over breeding that has gone into those dogs because of the disney movie has made it a real gamble on the dog your gonna get. same goes for the doberman pinscher and the rottwielers.. although if you have thousands of dollards you can still get good ones of the last two shipped from over seas.

there should be a mandatory liscence to breed, you should have to present your dogs and get persmission to breed dogs that arent worthy to be bred should be immediately "fixed". in a perfect world.....

Guest Anonymous

okay, this is TOTALLY adorible: [img]http://www.tristatekennels.com/toby3mo.jpg[/img]
But that is so rediculous! I'm so sick of people claiming these mutts as a new breed! Why anyone would want to do tha tis BEYOND ME! It's like... trying to invent a new letter in the alphabet! There's just no way you can, and no way you SHOULD!
And LOOK HOW MANY DIFFERNET KINDS OF PUPPIES! Ugh, this place makes me sick! :evil: :drinking:

I'm sorry, but the breeders of these dogs aren't the idiots (they are the a**holes but not the idiots). The idiots are the people who will pay 600, 800 or even 1200 bucks for these dogs. These ill-informed people are the ones who keep the puppy mills in business. You would think in the "infromation age" that no one would be so ignorant as to fall for this stuff or to even purchase those very poor quality purebreds for hundreds of dollars. I work with a woman who paid 400 dollars a peice for her two poodles. These dogs do not even look like poodles. They are built like daschunds, have bad knees and horrid color and coats. Her sister paid 600 dollars for a shih tzu-poodle cross! I do not understand this. If they did even ONE MINUTE of research before buying a dog they would know not to pay this kind of money for a dog they could get for like 75 bucks at the humane society. These are the people who annoy me maybe even more than the puppy millers. Ignorance is just not an excuse anymore. Take away the demand and there will be no more supply. Perhaps we need to start charging the peple who BUY from puppy mills and disreputable backyard breeders with a crime...too stupid to live among us! (My I [b]do[/b] have my dander up, don't I?) :agrue:

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Anonymous']about half-way down the page check out the pug-pinschers.
[url]http://www.tristatekennels.com/pastpuppypics.htm[/url][/quote]

This kennel owner is one of the core members of usabreeders.com

Enough said.

Sushiwelldone, I agree 100%! :wink:

Some people amaze me! They're always looking for ways to save money, and when they do get the chance to get a dog for a cheap 60-75 dollars (not to mention save a life), they go and waste $600 on an ill mixed breed! Those good $600 could have been donated to a shelter, a seeing eye dog organization, or used to buy a dog from a [b]real[/b] breeder and not some puppy mill!

And what about the real breeders that spend years and years researching pedigrees, years going to shows, years trying to perfect their lines. Is it fair on them? Why should a Puppy Mill (they obviously are, they have more than two breeds) get all the credit and money, when a real breeder is the one people should be buying from? What about the shelters FILLED with mixes for cheap prices? Don't they deserve that $600?

People amaze me :roll:

[img]http://www.tristatekennels.com/blue1_f.jpg[/img]
Not an expert on the breed...but this doesn't look like a Can Corso to me? :-?

I can't see anything 'nice' about the pug-pinscher, bl..dy awful and the feet on the one standing look a worry - one is very splayed - could be just the picture but....? Actually the breeds on there which I have some knowledge of (Aussie standards) look VERY poor quality, so not even breeding good purebreds! Sheesh, why cant people leave the breeds alone? :evil:

So many people think that "you get what you pay for" applies to dogs. These ignorant people go out and find these breeders asking ridiculous prices and think that they have to shell it out in order to get a good dog.

I have a good friend ([i]who has never in her life owned a dog[/i]) who told me she wanted to buy a bullmastif from her aunt for $600. Her aunt is most definately a BYB. I mentioned the wonderful dogs in shelters that would love to have a home and would be a lot cheaper and she would have less worry about possible genetic problems. She told me that mutts are only good dogs about half the time. She says I really lucked out with Buck because it's really a gamble to adopt a mix. I honestly had to count to ten before I replied.

The bottom line is that people just don't know. Especially people that never had dogs growing up.

[quote]Her sister paid 600 dollars for a shih tzu-poodle cross! [/quote]

I just found out that a friend of mine paid $1200 for a "shih-poo"! he is an awful little dog too, they already had to bring in a personal trainer cause the dog is 3 months old and uncontrollable. Plus these people know nothing about training dogs either, I was over there a couple days ago and they dog had 3 accidents in a 4 hour span and every time I told my friend to take him outside until he goes to show him where he should go, she just told me that he already went so he wouldn't have to again. :evil:

his head looks too big for his body, which may cause problems down the line....

all of our dogs today are crosses of dogs with other dogs, but it has to be done conscientiously and with a reason...and the health issues have to be worked out. Playing with genetics causes a lot of the dogs the media screams about...health issues, temperamnet issues, training difficulties....

It takes many generations to perfect a new dog breed....and while we dont really need anymore breeds, I can see the purpose in crossing dogs for a specific reason - The Golden Lab is a good example and the Guide Dog socieites are trying to perfect it, but they are taking the time and measures
necessary to make sure this "breed" has few health issues, has a good temperament, and is willing to be a guide dog for the diabled, which means character control and excellent breeding ethics. They have the money and sponsorship to do this....Most home breeders do not, nor do most have the specific breeding knowledge to perfect the breed....

I just dont want to see a lot of these "fad breeds" ending up in the shelters because they dont work well in a home environment...I'm afraid that's what will happen....

[quote]You would think in the "infromation age" that no one would be so ignorant [/quote]

I agree. There is so much information to be found on the internet these days that there is no excuse for people being so ignorant. I think the main problem is that people [b]"think"[/b] that they already know everything so don't bother doing any further research.