Dogomania

Sassy crossed the Rainbow Bridge today

Sharpeigirl

The battle is over. Sassy crossed the Rainbow Bridge today. She's now finally at peace. It hurts so much inside not to see her again. But I did what my heart, and a good dogo friend (K, thank you) said was best.

Put your paw in my hand
And I will guide you
To the place where you'll
Be Free of your pain

I'll be strong for you
I know you're weak
And I know your in pain
I will give you my greatest gift

God called you dear
Go on your way
Go run with the others
Go my dear friend

(c) Crystal Goens 2003

[img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/331906/Sassy4.jpg[/img]

March 25th 2003-November 19th 2003

Guest Anonymous

I'm sorry to hear that your loved one has passed away. It sounds like you fought very hard for (and with) her. I'm sure she's anxiously waiting, as we speak, to see you again some day.

awwwwwww......thats so sad.
Sassys in a better place now. I know thats a popular phrase but if you think about it, she is. She'll make dog friends now. And she'll run and play untill she sees you again.

Because as my great great friend once told me, Dog and People heaven is one. And when you enter the dog you love will come and greet you, as you've just walked into the house after work.

I belive it. And I think you did the right thing. Sassy was a cool dog, and it's never fun to let them go. But you will see her again.

*huggs*

my thoughts and prayers goes out to you and Becky on this heartbreaking day :cry: :cry:

you gave her the very best Crystal, you rescued her from loneliness as a pup and gave her a life full of love and comfort. You stood by her through the good times and the bad times. Crystal you did your best by her, Sassy was a lucky ittle girl to have you as her Mom :angel:

God bless you Sassy, run, play, be happy and free.

(sending you and Becky *big hugs*, and sending an extra special prayer with and extra special hugs and kisses for Sassy :angel: )

Guest Anonymous

OMG! I'm so sorry SPG! I'm crying as I try to type... :cry: :cry: I am not sure all what happend exactlly, so I will go back and read, but I'm sure what you did was the right then, and your right, she is in peace now. Rest sweet Sassy :angel: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm so sorry Crystal after all you both went through, :cry: but be assured you did the right thing. You loved her so much and she was very lucky to have you in her short life. She'll be watching over you from the Bridge.

:angel: Rest In Peace Sweet Sassy :angel:

*Hugs* to you and Becky.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Crystal, all I can say is I'm sooooo sorry. We thought it might be head trauma, I am sorry to hear it was true.

My thoughts and hugs to you and Becky. You fought the good fight, did the best you could for her, and she will await you at the bridge...

My tears go to you.

Katy

Sharpei, I'm SO sorry to hear that Sassy is gone. I really wanted so much to offer you support while you were struggling with her and I anxiously awaited updates on her, though I never said much. As you may know, I recently had to make the same decision with one of my increasingly volatile dogs. Sometimes when their minds are muddled, be it by head trauma, genetics, or whatever, the best thing to do is send them to the next life where their souls can be free and their minds can be clear. It's the humane thing to do and I often wish the same option were available for humans.

I wish I had been able to offer more support, but I truly didn't know what to say without seeming callous because my thoughts for the last little while have been that you would need to let Sassy go. A little time has passed and I feel a little better each day about the decision to let my Penny go. I KNOW it was the right thing to do and what you did for Sassy was the right thing as well. She could not have been happy with her mind in such constant turmoil. You set her free and she will be there in the next life to thank you for it. I know it hurts and you will grieve. My thoughts continue to be with you. They always were; I just don't always express them so well.

[quote name='Horsefeathers!']Sharpei, I'm SO sorry to hear that Sassy is gone. I really wanted so much to offer you support while you were struggling with her and I anxiously awaited updates on her, though I never said much. As you may know, I recently had to make the same decision with one of my increasingly volatile dogs. Sometimes when their minds are muddled, be it by head trauma, genetics, or whatever, the best thing to do is send them to the next life where their souls can be free and their minds can be clear. It's the humane thing to do and I often wish the same option were available for humans.

I wish I had been able to offer more support, but I truly didn't know what to say without seeming callous because my thoughts for the last little while have been that you would need to let Sassy go. A little time has passed and I feel a little better each day about the decision to let my Penny go. I KNOW it was the right thing to do and what you did for Sassy was the right thing as well. She could not have been happy with her mind in such constant turmoil. You set her free and she will be there in the next life to thank you for it. I know it hurts and you will grieve. My thoughts continue to be with you. They always were; I just don't always express them so well.[/quote]

No worries HF. I remeber your troubles with Penny, and I thought about it many times durning Sassy's problems. I just didn't know if or when it'd go that far.

[quote]and I often wish the same option were available for humans.

[quote]

AMEN HF....

My mother died of colon cancer, and was wishing for three months prior to her death that we would "let her go"...the laws in this state dont allow it.

she was in pain, incoherent, and just wanted peace....

at least, we have the option to give that to our pets if it becomes necessary...

[/quote]

I think you have ultimately made the right decision,many would have given up on her a long time ago she was lucky to have you and Becky.

You are right to be angry at her breeder I am with Rio's,he has many many issues and I have to be on full alert with him all the time all because of the first 9 weeks of his life.

Sassy may have only been with you a short time but she was loved unconditionally I can't think of any more you could have done for her :(

I'm so sorry it had to end this way :cry: