Dogomania

PETA guy got me VERY mad....

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I dont get them... AT ALL.
I was speaking to a guy and he supports the PETA ideals, so we were talking about having pets and that they should all be free. that keeping them chained was like enslavement. ? I was like "i dont know about you and your homelife, but my dogs love me. they dont want to be set free, they like being with people. dogs are a companion animal that what they were bred for. you know "man's best friend".
he was going on and on on how i was abusing them by keeping them caged and leashed it was not what nature intended and such. If i let them roam free and they killed another dog could i then say "Well, PETA said... and they wouldnt kill my dogs? No its common sense and responsible ownership that people have thier dogs leashed and "caged"(if that what you want to call it).

Him: Its slavery on a lesser degree!! (I am now about 3 seconds from choking this guy)

Me: If i were to let my dogs out side they would run to the edge of the yard pee on a few trees and then run back to the door to come inside, doesnt sound like they are being kept against thier will to me.

Him: Its because you have brainwashed them. Fear keeps them from pursuing thier freedom. Much likes slaves grew to love thier master on the plantations.

Me: What! Are you high? because you sound like youve been smoking something. Your blubbering and not making any sense. Are you listening to yourself at all?

Him: it makes sense.

Me: I dont think we should talk anymore. Read a book and come back when you have educated yourself before you try to teach people.

Him: you are obviously brainwashed yourself.

I then left, i have never been so angry before.. im shaking. I am just mad that i let him get to me more so than what he was saying. He is entitled to his opinion as anyone is no matter how loud some people can be. I know the truth nd he still got under my skin.

Just had to vent a bit its better than getting a ticket for assault.

PETA people are nuts. Dogs are not wild animals! Their natural environment is literally in a house being loved by people. You can't tell me that strays are happier and healthier than dogs that have loving homes.

When a wild animal is kept as a pet, it rarely works out and it is obvious. People try to keep monkeys, squirrels, and all kinds of wild animals and it is hardly ever a good situation for anybody. But keeping dogs and cats as pets works out great! That should be enough proof for anyone that dogs are companion animals that need to be around people in order to thrive.

Guest Anonymous

Hmm, Not all PETA people are bad or nuts, some really do want to help animals, and some do very good work getting them out of labs or other cruel situations, it just sounds like you got a well meaning but uneducated one. Dogs are not wild animals anymore, and most dogs could not cope in this world without us not. You should not waste your time with these kind of people, you are not being cruel to your dogs, so don't let anyone tell you you are. :)

"Not all are bad"? Even PETA's own website states that they want to see pet ownership put to and end via mandatory spay/neuter of all pets. Do YOU enjoy the companionship of owning a dog? PETA is seeking to END that.... no more "pets" at all. And it's also interesting to note that those animals PETA "saves" almost always end up dead anyway, PETA "saves" them, then hauls them away to have them killed. They're also a proponent of breed specific legislation, and support these laws, whihc lead to the deaths of tens of thousands of dogs every year. PETA is a disgusting organization, anyway you look at it.

They started out ok - the originally wanted to prevent cruelty to animals, espcially livestock and food animals, like cows and chickens, etc....

somewhere along the line they became convinced that all pets are bad, all meat is bad, all pet owners are slavedrivers, the world should live on tofu....they are now completely off track of what they started out to be.

What I like to tell them is that the wolf, the ancestor of all dogs, chose to
partner with man. We could not have forced him to, they travel in packs...
and could easily have defended/escaped. They were drawn to our fires, to the smell of food, to the potential for warmth, and probably, out of curiosity. We in turn learned that while they were there, they offered a form of protection from other wild animals, from other tribes. We fed them and let them sleep by our fires, they protected us and followed us from
hunting ground to hunting ground....All the evidence points to it was voluntary on their part.....a bond of friendship formed, and has remained that way til this day.

They get SOOO upset. You gotta do this with complete sincerity and a
straight face....They get so flustered...it's hilarious

The thing I find so ironic about the PETA philosophy is that they are basically supporting extinction of certain species. If a domestic animal (whether it be cow dog cat or horse) were not maintained by man that species would become extinct. The individual animals are not equipped with the ability to survive without human assistance. As is now true for many species even in the wild. I think if you spoke to a cow and offered them the option to stop being bred for meat or the alternative of extinction..the cow would choose the former. Wild herbivores are basically born to feed carnivores and without that relationship both would cease to exist. All species have one main goal and that is to perpetuate their kind. We may have created these domestic animals but that is now done and you can't tell me any of them would choose extinction over continuing their line (even if that means being in a house, on the end of a leash or between two buns). :-?