Dogomania

Need urgent help for Rotti

marebear

Some of you may remember my story regarding my sister and her Rott......

Well, my sister came home yesterday (after leaving the dogs alone in their crate for 15 hours straight!!!!!! Akkkk-I could kill her!) to find that the pup was torn to shreds.

My theory.....1. The pup either fell through the wire crate bottom as it was a wire one and my sister did not put anything down (she originally told me she did but my mom says she did not) and the momma dog tried to pull the pup out, ending in disaster. or 2. The mamma (Baby) got bored from being cooped up all day and tried to 'play' with her pup, ending in disaster.

My sister is hopping mad, and blames it all on Baby. She says she doesn't want the dog anywhere near her after it killed its own baby. She has put Baby outside in a kennel and has plans to have her ex take Baby out and shoot her!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

I have tried to talk her into taking the dog to a rescue...she says they never take any dogs and always say they are full, etc etc. I have talked her into waiting and letting me try to find someone who can help the dog. She said she will wait a day or two, but is not willing to drive to meet anyone. Grrrrrrr!!!!!!!

She lives in Appleton, MN. It is about 3 hours from Minneapolis. Do any of you know anyone who could help Baby out?? Please! She deserves a good home....she is a good dog and has ok manners, she has just never been given the chance to be truly loved. It is breaking my heart to think of her out in her kennel ouside in the cold.

And, to give you an idea of just how much of a rotten dog person my sister is......she and her ex drove up to Wisc. yesterday to get two French Bulldogs (both females, 11 weeks old--paid$3000), and they plan on breeding them to her ex's Frenchy. I could just scream and cry!!!!! She will not listen to me, and if I say anymore I will be on the verge of her never speaking to me again. Some of you may think 'oh well', lol, but she is family and it would kill my mom to have us not speaking to eachother. As it is we are not 'close'.

I'm sorry for the long story. I just pray that Baby can find a home!! Please feel free to crosspost this....as I am going to do too! Thank you soooo very much for your help!

And, I am so embarrassed to be telling this story. Please know that I am NOTHING like my sister!!! I have many people online here and from other groups that would be willing to back me up.....please do not place me in my sisters 'category'. :(

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*hug* mare no one here is labelling you like your sister, so don't worry. You know your sister is irresponsible and buying those pups at that price proves it. As far as the dead pup goes, Mum probably got peeved..I'm not surprised after being cooped up for that length of time. I know its difficult for you being her sister but I'm quite sure you have told her shortly what a 1st class prat she is and has been. The next stage in the game is trying to find Baby the Rotti bitch a good home, and you need to do your duty to animals and report your sister. Its not easy and a few years ago I had to report a close friend as her horse was so neglected along with her GSD.

We are with you here every step of the way, so please don't forget that matey :wink:

Thank you Kat!!!! (((hugs)))

Actually, my mom and I are currently talking about who to report this to. Something needs to be done....she and my other sister (her twin) go through dogs like water...it is sickening.

PRAISE GOD THOUGH....I am speaking with someone online who is in Minneapolis and may be able to foster the dog starting this weekend!!!!!!! woooo hoooo, pray it goes through!!!

Oh, I hope Baby can find a home! If I could take her I would, but I can't have another dog.

I would definately report your sister to animal control. She should not under any circumstances be allowed to have more puppies if she is going to be completely irresponsible.

Tell her that unless she spays those bulldogs, you will report her to animal control. That gives her a way out. And insist on proof from the vet that they were indeed spayed and in good health.

Also, did she ever take Baby to the vet like she said she would?

Guest Anonymous

That's great news!

Another thing could have happened with the puppy, Momma could have sensed something was wrong with the puppy and culled her naturally. Some dogs will do this, the puppy could have had a birth defect or another type of health problem? Either way it's very sad. And momma shouldn't be blamed (I know no is blaming her). Poor babies! But at least there is a happy ending.

:D

You are so right, the momma should not be blamed! It is unfortunate that my sister is blaming her though. I told her that Baby is a good dog, and that it wasn't her fault, that she shouldn't have been left alone like that. She said she just can't look past what Baby did......but ya know what, in the long run maybe that is best, because this way Baby will get to go to a loving home (foster)--much better than with my sister!

I have a picture of Baby, but do not know how to post it here :oops:

Guest Anonymous

marebear..it's fairly simple. Just type or use the "tags" below the subject line. You just have to click the "Img" button and then paste the link (no spaces), and then (with no spaces) click the "Img" button once more.

Or type it like this... [img] no space here [url]http://imagelink.html[/url] no space here [/img]

I had to type no space other wise it would have tried to link to the fake img link. When you do it, don't make ANY spaces. And it should work!

Good luck 8)

prwpuf...well then I know who to call if the current foster falls through!! :D

I cannot seem to get the picture in, but here is a link....

[url]http://groups.msn.com/pitbullsandbreedspecificlegislation/marebearspics.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=6060[/url]

Hopefully that will work!

[quote name='pwrpufgirlz']that did work. In order to post an actual photo, you have to right-click on it and go to properties and get the actual address for the photo, not the site at which it is at.

i did it for you, and what a doll I might add!

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0YADYAl0eXMQiTF2PzNfT3htiLNBw6le3kotN5EwX6Aztvrme9o1Gz4LHtHQNIwMPAC0kkmytSU24CAoYQVkaeyMb1tXh1qYF0FiUAYOfcaPmkyyALa6TGj1cKqk9NZF9gCSuMGGRD8i6cl0CTW96aQ/100_0148.JPG?dc=4675447578971402723[/img][/quote]

OMD!!

I love this dog!! I love rotties, darn shame she's in Mintasota(sp)

She`s a beauty :iloveyou: , after all she`s been through she deserves someone who will apprieciate, love and look after her :cry: . Bless her little heart. :angel:
Paws and fingers cossed that the foster family come through for her, please keep us updated :)