Dogomania

Poor rio :(

ellieangel

Well I took Rio for his jabs the other day and it was horrible :(
He is so nervous with strangers that I put his soft muzzle on him but the vet wanted to do a full examination and Rio hated it he was panicking so badly all his claws were digging into the floor and when the vet was examining his hips he was freaking out big time :(

Anyway the ordeal was awful but neccesary.

While we were there I asked the vet about a lump that Rio has about 6 inches down his tail,it goes all the way around his tail,and he has had it ever since we got him.
The vet examined it (which was hellish for Rio as he is ultra sensitive about his bum and tail area),anyway get this,the vet thinks that this is scar tissue,an old wound,probably caused by having had a rubber band round it in a bid to dock him :(

Evil b*****ds :evil: My poor poor boy no wonder he is mistrusting of strangers if he had all that pain as a puppy :cry:

It makes me wonder too if perhaps he was kept back while it heeled as he was alone in the area he was in when we went to get him,maybe his brothers and sisters were long gone,I know his parents were nowhere to be seen :(

I can't bear the thought of what these people must have put him through,he is such a sweet loving boy when he learns to trust you and it breaks my heart to think of him in pain. :cry:

Isn't it so sad that in this day and age with technology and drugs, asswangs still use elastic bands as a cheap way to dock tails. Give Rio a hug from this end too :wink:

I personally am against tail docking (this will spark a big debate :roll: ), unless that dogs tail must be removed for medical or working safety reasons. However the vets where I work at, we dock tails. We only do this because if we don't, someone else will and that someone is likely to be down a back alley. You wouldn't believe the botched up docked tails we get in... :evil:

I know it seems like this is a happy ending but you should see what a fearful boy he is,these were BYB's and they ruined him :(

I worry that one day his fear will get him into trouble,he is very well trained and I always have him under control but I have to be so careful with him and strangers.

It just makes me sad that he is like he is :(
As a house pet he is wonderful and I love him so much,I will never again go to see a BYB's litter,it is too much heartache :(

I personally wouldnt dock a tail, but if it's done professionally it's usually fine and there are no issues. RUBBER BAND DOCKING is just sick...the dog is in so much pain, waiting for the blood-starved tail to fall off....

I really really really want to see animal cruelty raised above a misdemeanor, and made a felony. Put their sorry asses in jail....

better yet - lock them in a room with the dogs they have injured, beaten, starved and abused, and let THEM decide....

:evilbat: :evilbat:

Poor Rio! :( Thank God he has you, he is one lucky boy!

Rubber Band? That's sick! That must have been soooo painful...poor baby! :(

I remember once when I was 7 years old (or somewhere around that age) a stray was hanging around our area, she was so sweet! She was pregnant (suprise, suprise) and had a docked tail. Only the tail wasn't professionaly docked, it was cut off by scissors or a knife. I could see that clearly, the end of her tail wasn't healed properly, and was red. Someone (no doubt a BYB or iressponsibly 'breeder') had cut her tail off, no anesthetic, no pain killers, nothing! Poor baby! A few weeks later someone called the BSPCA and they took her away. I never heard of her again. :(

[quote name='Rowie-the-Pooh']Poor Rio! :( Thank God he has you, he is one lucky boy!

Rubber Band? That's sick! That must have been soooo painful...poor baby! :(

I remember once when I was 7 years old (or somewhere around that age) a stray was hanging around our area, she was so sweet! She was pregnant (suprise, suprise) and had a docked tail. Only the tail wasn't professionaly docked, it was cut off by scissors or a knife. I could see that clearly, the end of her tail wasn't healed properly, and was red. Someone (no doubt a BYB or iressponsibly 'breeder') had cut her tail off, no anesthetic, no pain killers, nothing! Poor baby! A few weeks later someone called the BSPCA and they took her away. I never heard of her again. :([/quote]
OMD!!!!!!!! Rowie that is so sad! If only these people could gather some sense in their hollow skulls! WTF was the person thinking, docking a tail with a knife or scissor!!!!!!! :evil:

[quote name='courtnek']
I really really really want to see animal cruelty raised above a misdemeanor, and made a felony. Put their sorry asses in jail....

better yet - lock them in a room with the dogs they have injured, beaten, starved and abused, and let THEM decide....

:evilbat: :evilbat:[/quote]

I would give both my arms to see Animal Cruelty raised to a felony!

The sad thing is that even if a starved abused dog was locked in a room with the person that did it to them they probabaly wouldn't attack or hurt the person. Animals arn't like us (thank god!) and don't have that malice that we humans do.

And as for tail docking...I personally don't like the way it looks very much on many dogs. Althought I do like the way Dobies look with croped ears and docked tails..but I would never and could never do that to a dog.

OMG!!! poor little boy :cry:
thank goodness he`s safe with you now in a world full of love and kindness :iloveyou:

evil B******s :evil: :evil: :evil: putting him through that pain and suffering. They ought to have something tied tight around one of their limbs until it`s that sarved of blood it drops off, then see how they like it :evilbat:

[quote]I know it seems like this is a happy ending but you should see what a fearful boy he is,these were BYB's and they ruined him

I worry that one day his fear will get him into trouble,he is very well trained and I always have him under control but I have to be so careful with him and strangers[/quote]

Ellie, Laurel is still very fearful, of everyone but me....I ordered some herbal therapy calle "Rescue Remedy" which is from the Bach files...
they have been used alot with pet therapy for fearful dogs and have
a good reputation. I'm going to try it on Laurel and I'll let you know how she does....