Dogomania

Agility finds another species...Agility fans LOOK HERE!

sushiwelldone

I'm NOT surprised at all!

cats are by far, (and by nature) more agile than dogs. I love dogs to death, but in an agility contest, cats will take it. providing you can get them trained of course...

but think about it. Cats are loners, they dont have a pack environment to rely on...it's them against the world...they have to be the best at what they do (like Mountain Lions, leaping down mountains and hills like a goat!!!) or they die....so if you can train them in agility, they will excel. It's in their genes...

:D

I came across that the other day, I actually think it's pretty darned neat. Good golly I have enough trouble training my dogs, can't imagine training a cat! I'd love to see a cat agility demo live sometime.
This just cracked me up, they have the CATWALK! But of course!
My mother swears her cat understands English and one of my brothers cats will play fetch for quite a time. Anyone who has the patience to teach a cat agility, my hats off to them!

The site said something about following the lure... I'm guessing that they have a toy or furry something that they use to kind of target the cats to each obstacle, sort of a cross between agility and lure coursing :lol: As long as they and the cats have fun, it's sounds like a good activity for all (though I couldn't see myself out there with our cat :o :roll: ).

Guest Anonymous

That's so neat! My sister was teaching our SO SMART (she does so many tricks!) cat to do agility before she moved. It's actually her cat, and she's probably taking her back in December (awe... I'll miss my Angel Cakes :( ) so hopefully she'll keep it up! :lol: My kitty Dak LOVES the teeter! (as long as I hold onto it so it doesn't fall too fast for her :wink: ) I think that's the coolest thing ever! thanks for the link! :)

Guest Anonymous

That looks so cool!!!!
You'd have to start as a kitten so they got used to other people being around and making noise while still focusing on you.
I sooo want to do that when I get my devon rex!!!
Go Aurora the tonkinese!!! :lol: