Dogomania

little girl in Uxbridge was mauled by 2 Dogue de Bordeaux

GOJIRA3D

[quote name='Deez'][quote name='Rowie-the-Pooh'][quote]mom is a [b]single mother[/b][/quote]

Didn't it say in both articles that her father was Clark Kent? :o How can her mother be single? Divorce? Just wondering....

Poor girl, she must be scarred-emotionally-for life. :( I agree with the face that it was NOT the dogs fualt! Her grandmother should have been with her, she should have known not to seperate two fighting dogs, ESPECIALLY since her grandmother is a breeder, and had dogs! :-? Actually, it wasn't the dogs fualt OR the girls fualt...but who got hurt in the end because of one person's iressponsiblity? Both. :(

Poor Souls.[/quote]

i think the grand mother don't have a great life any more all that guilt
she must be feeling pretty shitty it's her grand daughter and every time she see her there will be pain.

greets Edwin

I agree with Rowie! First off, they never said anything about her mother, it's always about her mother.. :-? That's plain old confusing...

Second of all, the grandmother should be more responsible about having her granddaughter unsupervised! I mean, if there are dogs there should always be protection... And I don't understand, shouldn't she know better than to try to stop to dogs fighting? Although maybe she wasn't really thinking at the spur of the moment.. See how she ended up? This goes to everyone.. It should teach you a lesson... :cry: :cry:[/quote]

Guest Anonymous

The Canadian Molosser Association has started a fund to help Jynnie Kent and her family through what will probably be one of the most difficult times in their lives. As most of you know Jynnie was mauled by her grandmothers dogs earlier this week. She has had several surgeries and is getting circulation back into her severely injured leg. She will require many more surgeries before she is finished.

Anyone who would like to help can make their donations to
Canadian Molosser Association
T.D./ Canada Trust Branch #1997
Account# 5204044

or forward a cheque to the
222-20 Bayswater Place
Kingston Ontario
Canada
K7M 2C1
Please make a note for the Jynnie Kent fund on the cheque

The CMA will also be holding an ALL BREED benefit show with FCI judges in the near future. We will keep everyone updated.

Thank You
Mary Ann Nemisz
Secretary CMA
[email][email protected][/email]
613-547-8198

greets Edwin from the Netherlands

Guest Anonymous

THE JYNNIE KENT FUND

This precious angel had just turned 11 years old. Less than one week later, on October 26, 2003 Jynnie Kent was badly mauled while moving dogs at her grandmother's home in Goodwood, Uxbridge Ontario. It is no small miracle that Jynnie is alive.

Jynnie received over 150 puncture wounds from her waist down, and at her neck. She was life~flighted from the ER clinic near her grandmother's home to Toronto's Hospital for Sick Children, where doctors performed immediate surgery to save Jynnie and one of her legs. A vein had to be moved from her left leg to her right leg to help with blood flow. Jynnie is presently in stable condition, but will require numerous surgeries over the next coming months.

In response to this tragedy, friends of Jynnie's family and members of the Canadian Molosser Club have created the Jynnie Kent Fund. The fund is being closely monitored by officers of the CMC, and you may read more about it by clicking on the DONATION button (Please).

Jynnie's mother is a single parent, and must also care for Jynnie's 12 year old sister, Jyssie, who has been traumatized as well by this tragedy. It is the hope of the fund creators that basic living necessities (food, rent, utilities) can be arranged for Jynnie's family so that her mother, Shelly Low, may remain at her bedside during her repeated surgeries and recovery. The hospital is located on prime property in downtown Toronto, and parking alone costs $20-30 dollars daily. Once Jynnie is recovered, remaining funds will be held in trust for her education. Before this tragedy, Jynnie's dream was to be a veterinarian.

The CMC will also be hosting an All Breed Benefit Match early winter (tentative date is Jan. 3, 2004) to raise funds for Jynnie. 100% of the proceeds will be donated to the fund. You may read more about this upcoming match by clicking on the BENEFIT MATCH button on this page, next to Jynnie's picture..

We invite you to sign Jynnie's guest book, so that we can forward prayers and well-wishes to her daily. If you have any problems using the DONATION link, please use the email address button provided to notify us and we will assist you as soon as possible. Thank you for your continued prayers, donations, and well-wishes for Jynnie!

greets Edwin
[url]http://hostingprod.com/@jynniekentfund.com/index.html[/url]

Guest Anonymous

Two mastiffs in mauling to die

CP 2003-11-06 03:34:46

WHITBY -- Two dogs involved in the mauling of an 11-year-old girl will be destroyed as early as today. Heather Laverdiere, the 53-year-old grandmother of Jynnie Kent, consented yesterday in provincial offences court to euthanizing the two male French mastiffs.

Three other dogs seized after the Oct. 26 attack that left Jynnie in hospital with more than 150 puncture wounds are being held at an animal centre pending a hearing to determine their future.

While I do not like to see a dog PTS/killed over an ACCIDENT.....the way the story made this sound.....the dogs were 'playing', so that leads me to wonder why they attacked the girl in such a terrible manner. Something was off, the dogs should not have attacked like that. NO CHILD SHOULD EVER BE LEFT ALONE WITH DOGS LIKE THAT......but, we have to take into consideration the childs age. Would I leave my 11 year old alone with my lab/beagle mix while I was inside the house and they were outside, yes.....because I feel he is responsible with the dog. I do take precautions, especially never leaving my dog alone with my 1 and 3 yr olds. But, 11 years old is getting into the 'questionable' range of when and how long the child can be left alone with a dog.

My point here is, lets say the dog was sleeping and the child startled it and the dog bit her on the face and immediately showed remorse and was licking her hand, etc etc......the dog most definately in my opinion should not be put down. But in this case, I have to wonder.......of course I would want more FACTS to go on before making a decision.....but right now I am kind of leaning towards the dogs being put down....they really attacked this girl big time, not just one bite because they were startled. I do not know....maybe the dogs were protecting their 'home/kennel'....there could be many circumstances, so it really is hard to say what the fate of the dogs could be.

Either way, in the end....all lose out. Very sad indeed! :cry:

• 4 weeks later...

J.Kent ALL BREED Benefit Show

Hosted by The

To raise money for the Jynnie Kent Fund

OPEN TO ALL BREEDS

2 ALL BREED Conformation Shows

(Each dog will receive a written critique)

JR Handling

Sanctioned Weight Pull

CMA Canine Good Citizen (CGC)

Therapy Dog International (TDI)
JANUARY 17 2004
Markham Fair Grounds

10801 Mc Cowan Road

Markham, Ontario, Canada

Jr Handling will begin at 9 am.
Conformation will begin at10am

Weight Pull will begin after 2nd conformation Show

CGC TDI will be evaluated throughout the day to accommodate.

Judges

Conformation-Ana Eugenia Vazquez from Salvador FCI all breed judge
Peter Van Montfoort. From Holland FCI all breed judge

Altered class -to be announced
Jr. Handling- Lisa Avery CKC Ontario Canada

Weight Pull- John Bonello
CGC - Jeanine Depalma

TDI - Becky Iaonne

For show info and Show Premium Contact

Linda Young Roberts 905-649-6363 [email][email protected][/email]

or Mary Ann Nemisz 613-547-8198 [email][email protected][/email]

Or visit the CMA website [url]http://cma52.tripod.com/[/url]

or the J Kent Fund website [url]http://hostingprod.com/@jynniekentfund.com/index.html[/url]

PRE-ENTRIES CLOSE: January 9th at midnight

(conformation day of show entries will close at 9am Jan 17th)

The blame is on the grandmother, plain and simple. You have an 11 year old or even a 60 year old staying at your house you make sure they are aware of what is, and what is not acceptable behavior around dogs. I bet these dogs were wonderful dogs and very friendly but when these dogs are together, pack mentality comes into play. Dogs are, and will always be animals. NO child should EVER be left alone with a dog, no matter if they are 5lbs or 150lbs and your children or grandchildren should be very clear of this!
Poor little girl, it

Apparently some dogs related to the dogs who attacked the girl were stolen from a rescue

Please crosspost
4 Dogue de bourdeaux's and 1 pitbull have been stolen from a rescue in
the Colbourne area. Roscoe's rescue was holding the 4 dogue's until a
court date and they were stolen from her front yard last night. The lock
was cut off the fence and the lock was cut off the pen they were in. It
must be someone who knew them as I don't know anyone would just walk up
to 1 dogue let alone 4. The descriptions are as follows.

Voit 6 yrs old male Dogue de bourdeaux
Finale approx 1 yr female dogue
Thelma and Louise both approx 6 months both female
and Bovine a male blk/wht 4 month old pitbull pup

These are the dogs related to the dogues that mauled the grandchild a
month ago or so. If anyone hears anyone trying to sell these dogs etc,
can you please email me back and I will pass on your information.None of
these dogs have been fixed and I am unsure on microchips etc.
Thanks

Isn't it great!? :roll: :-?