Dogomania

little girl in Uxbridge was mauled by 2 Dogue de Bordeaux

GOJIRA3D

[color=blue]Hello Everyone,

On Sunday there was a terrible tragedy a little girl in Uxbridge was mauled by 2 Dogue de Bordeaux. She was visiting her Grandmother and opened a pen and two males began to fight and she was caught up in the dogfight. The injuries on this 11 year old girl are horrific. She may lose her right leg and pieces of her flesh are missing. She has been on a respirator and has undergone 8 hours of surgery yesterday to remove a vein from her left leg to put in her right leg. They have had to cut open her legs so the muscles can allow blood flow and she is going to be taken into surgery again as I am writing this. They are concerned that her kidneys may fail. This poor child is going to need months of surgeries.

I think we need to pray for this little girl and her family. I would like to set up a trust fund to help with this family as the mom is a single mother. Maybe some of the upcoming shows could take a collection to help? I was thinking of organizing a funmatch as a benefit for Jynnie Kent.
Anyone who would like to help can contact me at [email][email protected][/email]
Further details regarding the trust fund and show will be sent out as soon as they are confirmed.
Mary Ann

Linda Young
Baby Blue Kennels
[email][email protected][/email]

Mary Ann Nemisz
Urban Legends Kennel
[email][email protected][/email]

i recieve this message on my website community [url]www.thai-ridgeback.tk[/url] greets Edwin Hendriks[/color] :(

[color=darkred]Parents must be so dumb to allow there kids to mess around with dogs, no matter how friendly they may be, how pathetic to let there 11 year old open the cages to the dogs :evil: They make me sick.

There is more to this, dogs are always the ones who suffer.
I feel so sorry for the little girl but something isn't right like K said.[/color]

Guest Anonymous

Sadly it is very true.....

Mauled by dogs, girl still critical
Risk of nerve damage after surgery to save leg
Grandmother says her mastiffs `not vicious animals'

DALE ANNE FREED
STAFF REPORTER

An 11-year-old Pickering girl attacked by two of her grandmother's dogs remains in critical condition after undergoing surgery to save her right leg.

Jynnie Kent was mauled on Sunday by two Dogue de Bordeaux when she tried to separate them from fighting, police said.

"Daddy, it wasn't my fault ... the dogs attacked me," Clark Kent said his daughter told him yesterday when he went to visit her at the Hospital for Sick Children.

After surgery, Kent said his daughter's right foot was "warm and pink ... it looks like it's the right colour."

But doctors are still worried about nerve damage, he said.

Heather Laverdiere, 53, said she had no idea her granddaughter was playing with the two French mastiffs in the backyard of her Uxbridge home. Police said there were nine dogs in the breeding facility in the backyard.

Her granddaughters Jessie, 12, and Jynnie had only been home from an outing for about five minutes when the incident occurred.

"We were out there in a flash," she said, when they heard the dogs barking.

"These aren't vicious animals. They're family pets. They're show dogs," said Laverdiere, who ran outside with her husband to pull the dogs off her granddaughter.

Police said they haven't been able to talk to Jynnie because of her condition.

"Our big concern is that that this child gets back on her feet and recovers from her injuries,'' said Durham Region Detective Paul Mooy. "We want to know what happened. It's hard to know what happened until we can talk to her and hopefully she can tell us what happened.

"We don't foresee any kind of negligence here. With criminal negligence there has to be some kind of intent."

Two of the male dogs, Traveller, aged 2, weighing 120 pounds, and 1-year-old Warrior, 110 pounds, are in quarantine until Nov. 5 at the Uxbridge Animal Control centre, said Laverdiere. Two others injured in the fighting were sent to the vet, Mooy said.

Laverdiere has been the process of applying for a kennel licence. "A couple of the issues they (the township) were concerned with was, number one, fencing, and number two, liability insurance," said Mooy.

Laverdiere said the fence is two metres high and there are two fenced areas. "I know what I'm doing and I'm very responsible," she said. .

[img]http://www.thestar.com/images/thestar/img/031028_jynnie_mauling_200.jpg?GXHC_gx_session_id_=49dd7e88639c4802&[/img]

[url]http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1067382609784&call_pageid=968332188854&col=968705899037[/url]

Guest Anonymous

Another version of the story...

'They were eating her!' Girl mauled by dogs
advertisement

Canadian Press
Oct. 28, 2003 10:40 AM

TORONTO - An 11-year-old girl is in danger of losing her leg after she was attacked by two dogs during a visit to her grandmother's house in Uxbridge, Ont.

Jynnie Kent of Pickering, Ont., was playing alone outside Sunday evening when she saw two of her grandmother's 50-kilogram French mastiffs playfully fighting, police said Monday.

The girl, an animal lover, tried to gently separate the dogs, police said, but they turned and attacked her instead.

Hearing her screams, the child's grandmother ran to her rescue, but before she could intervene the dogs had caused serious damage.

"They weren't just biting her, they were eating her!" said her father, Clark Kent. "They ate much of her skin right off. Right down to the bone."

The girl was rushed to an area hospital with life-threatening injuries and later flown to Toronto's Hospital for Sick Children. She suffered blood loss and more than 150 puncture wounds all over her body. Doctors operated for eight hours and concluded that she will be lucky if she doesn't lose her right leg, Kent said.

"They are attempting to put a new artery into her leg, but it's iffy," he said. "One thing is for sure, if she lives, she will need a lot of plastic surgery and she will undoubtedly be severely scarred for life."

Police said the girl was in very serious condition.

"This is one of the most serious dog attacks we've seen," said Sgt. Paul Malik of Durham Region.

The dogs were put in quarantine, their fate not yet decided. Police were investigating, but didn't expect to pursue criminal charges.

The girl's grandmother was not available for comment.

Guest Anonymous

I wish I wasnt able to find a link! But you are welcome. What a preventable accident. Poor little girl. I hope she has a speedy recovery and the emotional scars heal as much as the ones on the outside. :cry:

[color=darkred]Sharpeigirl as much has we don't want them to be put to sleep hun, you can guarantee they will be, when a dog bites a child or adult they see it as being too risky to keep alive incase someone else gets bitten.
I know how we all feel about these poor dogs because of inconsiderate owners :evil: but its always a sad end [/color]:( :( :(

[quote name='pwrpufgirlz']"Jynnie Kent was mauled on Sunday by two Dogue de Bordeaux when she tried to separate them from fighting"

dog attack? dog ATTACK? the kid intentionally got in the middle of a dog fight and they try to say she was attacked? sounds to me like she put herself in danger through no fault of the dogs. I am pretty d*** sure that any of the kids that I know that are that age would NOT try to seperate fighting dogs, especially dogs of that size. Perhaps I am suffering from the same kind of ignorance the grandmother was.

grr. I don't normally respond to stuff like this, but honestly.[/quote]

i think this is a great accident and i hope much people will learn from it
greets from the Netherlands Edwin

[quote]mom is a [b]single mother[/b][/quote]

Didn't it say in both articles that her father was Clark Kent? :o How can her mother be single? Divorce? Just wondering....

Poor girl, she must be scarred-emotionally-for life. :( I agree with the face that it was NOT the dogs fualt! Her grandmother should have been with her, she should have known not to seperate two fighting dogs, ESPECIALLY since her grandmother is a breeder, and had dogs! :-? Actually, it wasn't the dogs fualt OR the girls fualt...but who got hurt in the end because of one person's iressponsiblity? Both. :(

Poor Souls.

[quote name='Rowie-the-Pooh'][quote]mom is a [b]single mother[/b][/quote]

Didn't it say in both articles that her father was Clark Kent? :o How can her mother be single? Divorce? Just wondering....

Poor girl, she must be scarred-emotionally-for life. :( I agree with the face that it was NOT the dogs fualt! Her grandmother should have been with her, she should have known not to seperate two fighting dogs, ESPECIALLY since her grandmother is a breeder, and had dogs! :-? Actually, it wasn't the dogs fualt OR the girls fualt...but who got hurt in the end because of one person's iressponsiblity? Both. :(

Poor Souls.[/quote]

i agree
greets Edwin from the Netherlands

What really gets me is, when my to girls had thier first fight, I was scared to death. I basicallly sat there and screamed at them to stop (Which I later found out was totally the wrong thing to do) It really seems odd to me with how big these dogs were that the child even tried to seperate them. :-? It's all just a bit wierd to me......

This is a terrible accident. She should not have been allowed to try to seperate the dogs, anyone with dog knowledge knows you neeed a control stick or a hose to do that. But she was just a child, saw dogs fighting, and tried to stop the fight. They may not actually have even been fighting -
they may have had a dominance issuie between them and were sorting it out the way dogs do..it always looks alot more vicious then it usually is...

poor girl...I feel for her. If they are going to kennel dogs they need to make sure the kennesl are not accesable to people who dont belong there, like little girls...

[quote name='Rowie-the-Pooh'][quote]mom is a [b]single mother[/b][/quote]

Poor Souls.[/quote]

I agree with Rowie! First off, they never said anything about her mother, it's always about her mother.. :-? That's plain old confusing...

Second of all, the grandmother should be more responsible about having her granddaughter unsupervised! I mean, if there are dogs there should always be protection... And I don't understand, shouldn't she know better than to try to stop to dogs fighting? Although maybe she wasn't really thinking at the spur of the moment.. See how she ended up? This goes to everyone.. It should teach you a lesson... :cry: :cry: