Dogomania

"internal clock"

gooeydog

Now I've always known that dogs fell into schedules, and knew what things happened at what times during the day, what certain sequences of actions meant, etc, but never knew that the "internal clock" was SO well developed. Annie apparently knows her DAYS now :o When we started tracking classes, the trainer said that they normally don't feed to dogs the day before they go out for a "serious" track, so that the dogs are hungry and eager to work for their food rewards. Well, Annie's always hungry, so instead of just not feeding her on Fridays (we normally go there on saturday mornings), I feed her 1/2 her normal rations early afternoon on Friday, and give her a little bit of food when the other dogs eat in the evening, just enough to make her think she got something. I'm going to work with my dad tomorrow morning, so we're going to tracking on Sunday (if they have the classes, I forgot to call :oops: ), and Annie can eat on her "normal" schedule tonight, then I'll feed her early tomorrow. I caught her eyeing me up like she was expecting something earlier this afternoon, but didn't think anything of it. Caught her standing on her back legs peeking into her crate (stacked on casey and joeys') a bit later, still didn't connect it to anything. Took Haley for a walk around 4, came back and Annie had somehow scaled her way up onto Casey and Joey's crate, and was laying up beside it (the door was shut). I got her down, went and took Goo out, only to come back in and find Annie back up on the crate. Put her back down, walked into my room to get Goo's food, came back out only to have to remove her again :lol: I had to put a book up there to keep her down because I don't want her jumping off of it and hurting her back, and now she's just peeking at me through the gate.

I just thought that it was amazing that they are so well developed that even if they only do something once a week, they KNOW what day it is that they normally do it, even if there aren't any real "giveaways" as to what day it is (I don't do anything as far as preperation the day before, so I know I didn't tip her off as to what day it is), and will be so insistant on doing what they normally do that day. I can only imagine what she'll be doing tomorrow when I get up early, get all ready, then leave without her :lol:

Well! Annie says, "Get with the program, lady....I'm waiting!"

She is too funny. It is surprising how they learn their established routine so soon. My guys know the difference in the weekend schedule...get to sleep in Saturday and Sunday. :roll: But they have never demonstrated Annie's level of timing.

Go Annie! :D

I used to swear that my Golden could tell time......

I was in school when I had him, and my mom told me that M-F, everyday at 2:30 he would leave wherever he was and go down to the foyer and lay down by the door....at 2:45 the bus would drop me off, and he would be waiting there for me to come in. I dont know if he could maybe hear the bus (they are noisy) or gauged time by the sunlight, but it was always at 2:30 that he would get up and come downstairs, and it didnt matter what time of year it was....and if I was late for any reason (and this always surprised me) he would start pacing at 2:45, and then whining....

kinda weird - they are amazing....

:)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well Sally and Rocket got me up at the usual biological clock time 6:30, only with daylight savings in place the clock time was 5:30.

And Sally knows when she's going to a dog show, the only thing that is done differently that morning is I wear a certain pair of boots that I ONLY wear to the shows.

:angel: