Dogomania

I'm NOT happy with PetStar...

courtnek

they had a lab search and rescue dog...able to navigate over a bunch of boards that were not secure, they wobbled....he had to place his feet, test for stability, and then move on to the end of the board track...he did it in no time..the exact type of conditions he might come across trying to save someone trapped, or in a place where they couldnt get out...
and some of those people gave him 8's..."cute trick", "he slipped a little"

DONT THEY REALIZE?? If it was THEIR kid, or THEIR husband (or wife)
they would want THIS dog to be there to help...

GOD WHY DONT THEY UNDERSTAND??? These dogs are a hell of a lot more "valuable" then the birds that can talk...

Guest Mutts4Me

I know you're talking about a serious subject and all, but I get so mad at the judges on a regular basis. Just a couple weeks ago, they gave this rabbit high points for laying still on its back for 5 seconds, while some very deserving animals got left out of the voting because they got lower scores. It's just infuriating sometimes, how they give points out.

I don't watch that show. I can't stand it actually. But the one thing i relize is that these "judges" are usually low class celebs. :lol: They probably don't know what to look for in judging these animals. They just go on what they think is "cute" instead of actually talent or training.

Guest Anonymous

I hate that show too. I never watch it, I've seen it only once, and that was enough. I can't believe that a talking bird won over that lab Court!!! :o :evil: :drinking: It's not very hard to teech a bird to talk, and when they do half the time you want them to SHUT UP! But that lab actually saves lives, he risks his life to save others and a dumb bird won over him?? WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO?!??!! :evil: :drinking:

[quote]I happen to have a bird that can talk And he is extremely smart,

[/quote]

please dont take that wrong Sharpei - I admire tropical birds that can talk,
I think they're fun to be around, but I thought the dog deserved more points because of what he is doing, not because I dont like birds or thought the bird was stupid...they are very intelligent, I know. I just have to side with the dogs that can navigate terrain most human's wouldnt want to, to save lives....but of course, as was mentioned, these people are
wanna be actors/stars, and so probably dont realize what goes into
training a dog to risk his life to save us...and do it willingly...I guess that's what upset me so much. I'm not gonna watch it any more....

:)

Guest Mutts4Me

Pet Star did redeem itself in my eyes with last year's Championship show. The winner was an amazingly well trained, obedient dog. Skidboot, I think was his name? Anyway, he left me awestruck, and I was glad people were intelligent enough to give him the recognition he deserved.

Mutts- I have seen that dog Skidboot on the oprah show before :lol: . That dog is amazing! The guy who owns him said that he never realy had to train him that much, that the guy would sit and then the dog would. Like the dog knew what the owner wanted him to do. I think the owner described the dog as an old cowboy inside of a dogs body. :lol: :P

It's a show called Petstar...basically a talent contest between pets...and all pets are allowed. Dogs, birds, cats, rabbits, any animal that's been trained to do a "trick" of some sort. I personally dont care for the show (although I did watch the Championship with Skidboot....that dog is AWESOME!!)

I stopped watching it cuz the host just bothers me, he's so phony....
but I happened to catch a bit where they had a rescue dog showing how it could walk on a series of wobbling boards without falling. It slipped once, although didnt fall. The "scorers" gave him only 8 points out of 10, because
he slipped...And I felt like saying "Lets see YOU do that and not fall....."

oh well. I just vented I guess....

:D