Dogomania

Neighbor's Pit, Dante

Sharpeigirl

Our neighbor has a beautifull pit, Dante. He's well trained & well socialized, and just loves to jump my back fence & come visting, I don't mind, but I'm not sure on how to get him to stop, I've told the owners, and they work all day, and leave him in the backyard. Well he must get bored back there, and they don't want to tie him up. I was thinking about offering to dog-sit Dante, but not 100% sure cause of Sassy. They've played togther twice, but Dante's owner was present as well as me. I'm just wondering what to do. I like Dante alot, he's a great embasador of the APBT :kciuki: :) 8)

Guest Anonymous

I have to agree...that would not be the best idea right now. A little too much too soon? Baby steps right now would probably be best! Maybe in the future though? If you want to help keep Dante boredom free, why don't you offer to walk him? or go and play with him without Sassy?

Guest Anonymous

It's obvious your neighbors like Pits or they wouldn't have one. It also appears they should not leave their Pitbull unattended outside in the backyard all day while they work. They should have the dog in the house or a crate in the house.

I wouldn't want to come home to any problems because I didn't make sure my pet was in a safe place for him/her and others. Also a pit can climb a very high fence, some say 6 feet high. If that Pitbull is already getting out into your backyard, then he could possibly go any where.

Perhaps if you spoke to them about the posssibilities of trouble and suggested some alternatives like the house or a crate or a dog sitter.

Well I've been walking Dante everyday & his owners allowed me to let him in thier basement afterwards. So now Dante isn't roaming my backyard. He's a great dog though. Dante was a rescue from a shelter & he was almost put down cause of his breed. :( But my negihbor has had APBT's before, and came to the rescue of Dante, who's pervious name was Satan :o Dante is named after A football player :) Sorry, boreing ya'll with this stuff :P

That's funny......my pits named after a football player....also Dante....but Dante Cullpepper. I changed the last name to Chilipepper....kinda of a joke. I went to college with Dante Cullpepper at UCF, he was a real nice guy and I've also liked the name Dante....anyways....that's how I got my pits name. :D