Dogomania

Woohoo, finally got him!!!!

Aroura

Yep, at last I have Montie!!! I went yesterday to meet the breeder at her sisters house, and finally after so many weeks of waiting, I met the boy I've been dreaming of every night for so long :angel:
His ears were worse than i expected so I talked the breeder down $50 on him and two hours later I left with my little bundle of joy :angel: !!!
Well he was very timid when I met him, but settled down a little before I left. He's grown up on a farm and is a year old now so he's pretty used to the life he's been living and I'm 100% sure after a little time he'll settle in to his new life. If I was only 1.5kg and had lived my whole life with the same two people and my mum and dad etc I'd be a little over whelmed to leave it all so suddenly also.
I'm still in Wollongong and my friend who I came down with is angry with me at the mo, she's storming around the house banging things and not really talking to me all because I wont let her hold Montie. SHE HATES DOGS!!!! He's terrified of her because when ever she walks or moves something she doesn't take into account where he is or how small he is and just has the attitude that he's gotta get used to it but the poor baby is terrified!!!! How do you explain to some one who doesn't even care about dogs that the reason you wont let her hold the dog is because she's too noisy for him? And that I don't want him to "just get used to it" because he will turn out very nervous if he just leaves his sheltered life and comes into a house he's never seen before and with a group of people he's never met before and has to deal with it ALL in one go? I want to BUILD up to the noises and stuff, first all i want to do is get him used to ME!!! Every time she enters the room, she doesn't even have to say something, Montie knows and gets scared. I've even got him comfortable enough with me that he will lie on his back, but when ever he hears her he jumps up and huddles up to me. He knows I'm his owner and is already following me around etc, and even though I do want him to get used to other people I don't like seeing him shaking in fear when ever she speaks or holds him :(
He's getting along fine with my sister and our friend Ben, who both love him!!!! Katie says she likes him, but she's just got no dog skills. When she picked him up yesterday the breeder even had to tell her how to hold him!!! Any ideas on what I should say to her? She seems to think I'm MAKING him scared of her, by sheltering him from her, but I'm only doing what I think is best for him at this fragile time :(
I'll post more updates and stuff later, but at the moment I need to take Montie out for the toilet!!! :angel:

:angel: [size=7][color=violet][b]CONGRATULATIONS![/b][/color][/size] :angel:

Heeeeeeeeeeeeey! :x You can't tell us you got a new dog without posting pics! That's not fair!

I'll give you two days, or then it's on to the tar and feathering! :lol:

Seriously, I'm really happy for you! :D I hope he settles in okay, and that when you get home everything will get better!

Did you explain to your friend/s about Montie yet?

Again, congrats! :D

Guest Anonymous

[img]http://mindscraps.com/s/kao/otn/blobflower.gif[/img]

Congrats!!! I can't wait for pictures!!!

[img]http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/pbubbles.gif[/img]

Congrats on your new addition!!

:D

Just explain to your friend that the new pup is somewhat nervous, not used to strangers yet, and that she is a little loud for his newness.

Havingher pet him while you hold him is a good idea. I had to tell my son
and his friends the same thing because Laurel is afraid of them. Explain that it just takes some time that's all

[quote name='Rowie-the-Pooh']Heeeeeeeeeeeeey! :x You can't tell us you got a new dog without posting pics! That's not fair![/quote]

LOL, funny you should say that, how long did we all have to wait for pics of Rowie? :lol:

My friend we stayed with in Sydney on the way home got a photo of Montie on his digital, I've asked him to email it to me and hopefully I'll be able to post it soon!!! The most frustrating thing is that I actually spent like 3x the normal price on a roll of film at a petrol station on my way to getting Montie so I could get pics of him and his parents and when I got there I went to take a photo and realised my camera had run out of battery :o

So no photos yet :( I wanted dad to take photos of him after his bath today, he looked so cute!!! But dad had no film!!! :lol:

He's so cute and tiny and fluffy!!! One of the reasons I got him was so a could have a little dog as a bed buddy, but now I've got him he's so tiny I'm afraid I'll squash him!!! We only got home last night so he spent his first night ever in a bed, he came right in close and cuddled up to me.... I kept pushing him away and rolling away from him because I'm terrified I might squash him, but every time he just snuggled up closer!! Ha, I was eventually pushed out of bed but a 1.5kg dog!!!

The things I do for him, I spent 20 minutes this morning, squished in HIS crate!!! It was so uncomfortable, but it was the only way I was going to get him to eat in there!!! I really must find a better way to get him to eat in his crate!!! Especially when it takes him so long to get through half a chicken wing!!!

And he did eventually settle down around Katie, like I guessed it just took him a little time to get used to his surroundings. Now we have stayed at so many places in the past week he could adjust to anything!!! He even came in to hungry jacks with us while we ate dinner, he's so small no one minded! He knew this was home though as soon as we walked in the door with him.

He keeps peeing every where though, he's an unnutered male. Anyone got any suggestions to stop him?

You need to put a partition in his crate so that's it's only big enough for him to stand up all the way and turn completely around with a about 6 inches inside to spare. He will be less likely to soil his den than anywhere else in the house, but make sure someone lets him out at LEAST every two - three hours in the beginning. For every month old he is you can increase the crated time one more hour....

Good luck with him!!

:D

[quote]The things I do for him, I spent 20 minutes this morning, squished in HIS crate!!! It was so uncomfortable, but it was the only way I was going to get him to eat in there!!! I really must find a better way to get him to eat in his crate!!! Especially when it takes him so long to get through half a chicken wing!!! [/quote]

The things we do for our dogs huh? I'm glad everything's going well. Hurry up with those pics, can't wait much longer!

Guest Anonymous

Awe, he sounds so cute.
I can't wait for pictures!!
Don't worry about rolling over him! I was so scared of that when I had my chihuahua, but eventually stopped worrying, she held up just fine with me! :lol: :D

LOL Hillside, yeah, took the legs and all!!! And he's got the most adorable little feet!!! When he plays he pounces and those cute widdle feet make me awww every time! :wink:
Courtneck, its not his crate he's soiling in, its when he sneaks off the couch that he soils, he went ON MY BED last night AND this morning!!! Needless to say I've spent the whole day washing sheets!!! I caught him in the act when he was doing it this morning again and put him straight in his crate - he's been good today since that. He's a year old and can hold for a long time if he has to!!!! Its a territory thing I think, he spent half an hour marking around the back yard this morning!!!
I introduced him to Lily again, he cuts sick at her!!! Well you all know about Lilys problems, well I knew she'd be ok with a little dog but as soon as he started growling and carrying on I thought she'd get aggressive, but she was good, just went and lay under the table. Anyway, I went to the toilet when they were both asleep and heard Montie cut sick out side the door, I walked out to see what it was about and little 1.5kg Montie had big tough Lily bailed up in a corner!!! She saw me and just wagged her tail but how do I convince him that Lilys not a threat?