Dogomania

I WILL be damned!! I've been DUPED!!

courtnek

I have been working really hard to make Laurel more at home here, I put up a special bed and sleeping place for her, I've been trying to make her "more at home".... SHE'S PLAYING ME!!!!!

GRRRRRRRR....I feel like a fool....

Freebee wanted to go out. I alays put them out together, since Laurel like to be outside with Freebee....

I called, and called, and she didnt come down. She's been doing that, and I end up going upstairs and guiding her down by her collar...
then she looks all scared and hesitant.....so I've been trying to make her
feel better by paying special attention.. SHE DUPED ME!!!

I finally got fed up with having to go get her all the time...
So THIS time I said FINE!! FREEBEE'S GOING OUT!! STAY THERE IF YOU LIKE!! and I went to let Freebee out - and guess what? She shows up,
no guiding, no special attentions...just came down and went out...

GGGRRRR....I have a strategy issue here....

:evil:

yea, she did me in. Those sad eyes, and the scared demeanor, and damn, I broke MY OWN RULES about dealing with a timid dog!
It's much easier said then done, when those sad eyes are staring at you and she's standing with her tail between her legs...(I wonder if THAT'S
an affectation too....hmmmmmm)

I think she know's she's been caught.. Cat is out of the bag, Laurel.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: she is acting much less hesitant now.....

k -
[/quote]DMITO on your vet records?
[quote]

DMITO?

[/quote]

:rofl:

Welcome to the wonderful world of HOUNDS.

Keep your guard up, they will constantly test the water and boundaries and very quickly figure out what "your" weakness is and play it heavy till you figure it out.

Oh and don't ever fall for that pathetic, I'm starving and will die if you don't give some pizza, ice cream, spaghetti, etc........

And the I want to go too look is unbearable and will hurt you in your heart.

[quote name='courtnek']yea, she did me in. Those sad eyes, and the scared demeanor, and d***, I broke MY OWN RULES about dealing with a timid dog!
It's much easier said then done, when those sad eyes are staring at you and she's standing with her tail between her legs...(I wonder if THAT'S
an affectation too....hmmmmmm)

I think she know's she's been caught.. Cat is out of the bag, Laurel.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: she is acting much less hesitant now.....

k -
[/quote]DMITO on your vet records?
[quote]

DMITO?

[/quote][/quote]

:angel:

[quote]And the I want to go too look is unbearable and will hurt you in your heart[/quote]

yea, she pulls THAT every morning, but so does my other dog. Those large brown circles around her eyes make her look more sad than Freebee, and while I know it's a visual illusion, she is VERY convincing....

So this is typical of hounds, hmmmm? Well, at least now I know....
Learn something new every day with this one....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:D

Another thing about hounds.

Being stubborn is a sure sign that they have figured you out and just don't want to do it not that they are dumb. They learn really quick and that is not necessarily a good thing.

When your trying to teach them something and you think they are not listening it's because they learned it the very first time and don't feel like they should prove it to you.

:angel: