Dogomania

French Bulldogs

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Does anyone own/owned a French Bulldog before? If so could you please tell me some of the [i]pro's[/i] and [i]con's[/i] of owning this breed?

I just love them, but it's my mom who really would like to own one. She as have I read all about the breed, but first hand information from owners seems the best advice of all. So any help would be greatly welcomed!

Thank you!

Greetings-
We have a 6 month old Frenchie that we hope to start showing soon. They are very fun dogs, and also quite stubborn! We looked for a long time to find a breeder we were comfortable with, then had to wait even longer for a female pup to be born. The breed has quite a few potential health problems, so be sure to only buy a pup from health tested parents.
Best wishes from Germany
Jennifer & Fleur de Baviere the french bulldog

Guest Anonymous

I have only read about a few health problems. Do you have any links or can you tell me what all the health problems are? I wonder if you might also know of a good book that I could order for my mom, so she can learn some more about the breed.

I would really like her to adopt a Frenchie, but that's really up to her. I think if there are a lot of health problems, then a [i]good [/i]breeder would probably be the best way to go. Thanks for the info. And do you have any pictures of your baby??

i had a french bull cross staffordshire,

she was very loyal loveable didnt chew growl etc.... and knew me well as i knew her...

the only thing i couldnt have her spayed due to some health reasons being crossed breed, i had to keep her in when in season, and i knew when she was due, she would snap at the boys....

she also hated the smell of booze she would go for anyone and even the pub door on our walks.......

she got on with all my cats and the kids she was a fussy eater.....

im not sure if it helps much as all dogs have different personalites but thats what my jade was like.......

Hi Pouty Pitbull
Just a suggestion but why do you not try to contact the French Bulldog Club of America I am sure they could put you in touch with reputable breeders who will help you to make the right decision/
There is also frenchie group called frogdoggers on [url][email protected][/url] they could help as well.
Hope this is of some help
Ickle (frenchie owner in the UK)

here is a photo of our girl:
[img]http://geocities.com/archetypekennels/fleurheadstudyaugust2003[/img]
Frenchies can have [i]some[/i] potential health problems. Most responsible breeders test hips, elbows, heart and knees. Some also test thyroid, eyes and vWD. They can also have elongated palates which can cause breathing problems, and make them intolerant of heat.
[url]http://www.frenchbulldogrescue.org/[/url]
Resuce often has dogs needing homes. Also the yahoo groups are also a good place to talk to frenchie people, as a lot of the good/responsible breeders in this breed are NOT members of the breed club.
Hope this helps!
Jennifer

Guest Anonymous

Thanks Jennifer. She is simply stunning! I love that expression..and those ears! Priceless! The spiked collar made me laugh, I love little dogs in spiked collars...too cute. Thanks for the information, I've passed it along to my Mom. She has already fallen in love with Gideon from the rescue link that you posted.
My Dad and her are retired, so depending on my Dad's health and if they were approved...I think they would drive just about any where for that little boy. I will see what happens..but thanks for the info again!

Nic

Gideon

[img]http://www.frenchbulldogrescue.org/available/gideon04.jpg[/img]

• 5 years later...

French bulldog puppies for sale: 2 males and 2 females
The French Bulldog is an extreme lover. He is affectionate, playful and demanding of attention, from all that he comes into contact with.

Gold-Sierra Kennel - French bulldog kennel from Hungary
We have top quality champion french bulldogs and puppies with excellent bloodlines. They are vaccinated, vet checked and guaranteed. As breeders we know it is our responsibility to maintain the breed to its standards and characteristics to the best of our ability.
We hope you enjoy your visit on our web site and we invite you to check back often for changes and updates. Please feel free to call, or E-mail us anytime.
[IMG]http://www.goldsierra.hu/goldsierra_banner.gif[/IMG]