Dogomania

Somebody Stole my dog!!!!!

Guest Anonymous

Oh my god! Words aren't exactally coming to me right now so I'll say good luck. :( I can definately empythise with you as my german shepherd was stolen last year and never found, put I pray that it will be different for you. Like everyone said put up as many flyers as you can on each tree if you can. And go to all nearby shelter and maybe even some farther away to check. I'll cross post on every dog forum I've ever been too it that will help, I pray that she will be returned or somehow will come back on her own. :( :cry: :(

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

Lincoln Nebraska is where i am, but the officer made it sound like there was a really good chance she would be in Omaha, SO I have started a serch there as well.

why o why didnt i have her microchipped or tatooed :wallbash:

[quote]Thats terrible! Those goddamn assholes! [/quote]

My sentiments EXACTLY....

Rott, my heart goes out to you but listen to me.....

How is your gate to your yard designed? Is it wood, metal, does it have a metal latch or handle? QUICK!! Before it rains....INSIST the police come out and take prints off the gate, and run them through the police
database. Tell them this may be their chance to stop a dogfighting ring...
If they have prints, they could have a suspect. And you could get Snow White back that much faster. If Snow White is purebred, she's probably valued at at least $300.00 - that makes it more than just dog-napping, it's theft. You will need to push for this - the police dont really get real
excited when a dog is stolen, so you may have to go all the way up to the captain to get it done, BUT INSIST ON IT. You have the legal right to have
an investigation run into the theft of your purebred dog.

Definitely put up the signs and call the shelters, but do this as well.

Snow White is in my prayers. I hope you get her back soon, safe and sound.

Guest Anonymous

Awe I'm so so sorry RNP! How horrible!
Lets pray that she's in a nice safe place, and not harmed in the least bit. I started bawling when you were asking whether her food is soaked and such, how could anyone steal an animal so well loved? :cry: :cry: :cry: Snow White will be in my prayers! I hope for a quick and safe return!
I agree with Court, good idea to get the cops to dust for prints! You could help save more then just your Snow White too if she's at that horrible place and they bust the people fighting them!

Oh thats the most terrible thing I've heard in ages!!! Thats so sad, I'm crying now (at uni, and everyone is giving me weird looks, but i don't care)...
Your poor sweetheart. How can people do that? What gives them the right to take some ones beloved pet and torture it? She may never be the same again once you get her back (if you get her back). My heart has broken, thats just awful!!! :cry:
Good luck, my thoughts and prayers are with you, I really hope you get her back before anything terrible happens to her :cry:

I'm so sorry to hear that someone stole your Snow White! That's about the lowest thing someone could to do a dogowner. I hope the police get the bastards who took her.

For those who haven't seen a picture of Snow White, I took the liberty of posting a picture here of her.

[img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/93707/Dsc00188.jpg[/img]

Gawd, people who would steal a dog right out of someone's yard are one of the worst kinds of people. I had a Rottie stolen from me many, many years ago and not only does your heart break from the loss, but the feeling of violation is overwhelming.

Just something to perhaps give you hope... one of the fosters that I had placed recently went missing and was gone for two days before he was finally returned. It can happen. I know the agony of wondering and not knowing, but it's possible you will see Snow White again. Don't give up!

I didn't get a chance to read every post in this thread, so if someone already suggested this, I apologize for repeating it, but don't just call the shelters often. GO! Many shelters are staffed by volunteers and some are even staffed by prison inmates and you never know who is going to answer the phone. I know of at least two shelters near me where I've actually been STANDING THERE when the phone rang and some distraught owner was searching for a lost dog. The person who answered the phone could not be bothered to even look, or ask someone else before telling the owner that the dog wasn't there. They have photos there, on a bulletin board, but no one ever really checks it. I remember once when, just by chance, I saw a beautiful Sheltie and remembered seeing an ad in the paper for several days where someone reported a Sheltie missing. The Sheltie had been at that shelter for about a week and they were getting ready to adopt him out... no one had even thought to keep check on the lost and found ads in the paper. That dog could have gone home a week earlier and not been put on an available for adoption list. Many of these places are overworked/understaffed and too many things can slide by. Even with photos, your best bet is to actually visit area shelters within a pretty wide radius in person. I can't begin to count how many times I've seen someone answer the phone at the shelter and just not care that someone was looking for their beloved family member.... I think sometimes, too, these people have seen so much that they become numb to it. Anyway, I'm rambling, but I really just wanted to strongly suggest that you actually visit these shelters yourself and not rely on photos and phone calls.

Again, I'm so sorry you've lost your baby, but don't give up hope yet.

Guest Anonymous

:o :o :evil: :evil: :evil: OH Rott I'm SSOOOOO sorry! i hope they find yoru baby like, YESTERDAY.. gesh. i hope they find her, and she is safe in nyour arms again soon! all paws and fingers crossed here, and you will be in our htought and prayers. PLEASE be as strong as you can and let us know how it goes!!

R-n-P - SOO SORRY to hear of Snow White. I had a miniature Schnauzer stolen when I was a kid, and I've never really gotten over it, the unknowing is so hard!
Please keep checking shelters, and make sure you get the police involved. The advice about the insurance company was good, also, they can put more pressure on the police.
Best of luck, we are all thinking of you!

Guest Anonymous

Sorry I have been really busy these last few days making multiple trips to Omaha and Talking to people Door-to-door here.
I THOUGHT WE HAD A LEAD!!

I talked to a few neighbors and they told me that a few days before Snow White dissapeared that there was a guy in a black chevy pickup that was riding slowly past the house pointing at the dogs in the back yard. Now why i was informed of that as soon as they noticed it, I dont know. Thank dog for nosy neighbors though. so they gave me as good as description as they could of the guy and the truck, and i called it in to the police. they said that they would "look into it." its like come on im out here doing what you should be and when i do get some information that could be of use its like it doesnt matter. I know its not much but, use it at least ask some questions. I feel so helpless, and for a grown man this is not a comfortable feeling. :cry: