Dogomania

Today is the day!!!!

Lucky Chaos

Well....we never went. My parents were too tired after work and we wanted to spend a while with all the dogs to really choose one to fit our family. So were gonna go tomorrow morning after my (ick) dentist appointment.

I was looking on the website and Bubbles got adopted! :) I'm happy she did, even though I liked her. But.......

[img]http://www.petharbor.com/get_image.asp?RES=Detail&ID=A064617&LOCATION=TRHS[/img]This pup just cam in yesterday and I'm in love! As some of you might now I love border collies and this guy is beautiful!

I also really wanted that dog with the cute ears :D But my dad still has this idea that a rescue pit bull with "turn on you". :cry: :x Any advice how to change his mind?

Oh he's just gorgeous!!! I'd get that one!!! :angel: :lol:
I wouldn't worry about the rescue Pit turning on you (if thats what he is). Tell your dad how they are renowned for their friendliness, you are less likely to have a Pit turn on you than any other breed as far as I know. All those attacks in the news paper, well half of them aren't even Pits, another number of them are only there because they have been victumised (an attack which by any other breed would not have gone to the mediea) and the rest of them, well they aren't the ones that have turned on their owner, they are usually PROTECTING their owner. So tell your dad to stop worrying that the dog may turn, it is probably less likely to turn on you than that beautiful boy you just posted :wink:
I would be concerned about your other dogs though if you got the Pit, they can live happilly around other dogs, but you'd want to take it home for a trial before you made any decisions to keep it because if it didn't get along with your other dogs they would be in more danger than say if the border collie didn't get along with them.
Just something to think about, although the one with the ears is mighty cute! :D

Well you'd think he'd know all that consitering Chaos is half pit and a rescue but nooo......shes a puppy she wouldn't remember who abused her! :roll: he does adore Chaos though.

Your right I forgot about the possibility of dog aggression, plus APBT's are usually dominant right? Chaos has a little problem with overly dominant dogs, Holly was really submissive so no problems but I've noticed that she dosent take to dominate dogs as well.

Its easy to over look things when you want something so much!!!

I don't know how over dominating Pits are in general, its probably an individual thing. Some dogs just like to push their dominance on every thing, Lily has taken to SITTING on all the dogs at training (I guess its better than what she used to do - attacking them!). LOL, she knows she's not allowed to be angry anymore now so she's found another way to express her dominance! :lol: You get varying degrees of dominance and different dogs express it in different ways. Like I said, you'd need to see the dog in YOUR home environment before you can assess how it will fit in with your gang :wink:

[quote name='"Aroura"']Its easy to over look things when you want something so much!!![quote]

Yep you got that right! :wink:

[quote]Lily has taken to SITTING on all the dogs at training [/quote]
:lol: Thats just too funny! :lol:

I don't really know all the much about pits except what I've read here and seen on a few sites, On the other hand I've been researching border collies for 5 years now, I've always really wanted to rescue one.

I think they do have a two week trial period though, which is great.

[quote name='Lucky Chaos'][quote]Lily has taken to SITTING on all the dogs at training [/quote]
:lol: Thats just too funny! :lol: [/quote]

Yeah, you should see it!!! Its one thing when she's plonking her arse on the little cocker spaniel, but when she wriggles up and trys to menouver her but over the other boxer, the border collie or the pit bull its quite amusing to see!!! Of course they all wriggle out and play with her, but the cocker just sits there and takes it!!! :lol:

Go with what your heart says, the two week trial period sounds great, but just keep in mind that if it doesn't work out with the Pit, the Border Collie might be gone when you get back :wink:

Well we went.. I wanted to take every single one home! But we couldn't decide on a dogm its so much harder now that I've met them!

The border collie Riley was a true bc. He was so hyper. I got to take him to the yard, and he loves to play fetch. He's also pretty well trained and housebroken. Apparently he was adopted before and then returned cause his owners were moving :x.

My dad really likes this dog Diablo

[img]http://www.petharbor.com/get_image.asp?RES=Detail&ID=A068055&LOCATION=TRHS[/img]

But......

I swear Chaos's sister was there! They look exactally the same, even her weird ears! And her name is Chalise! she's a 6 moth old pit and she was so sweet! she kept licking me and whining at me through the bars. She even cries like Chaos! I took her too the yard and she stayed right by my side. Even though I do love bc's this one really tugged at my heartstrings.

[img]http://www.petharbor.com/get_image.asp?RES=Detail&ID=A068598&LOCATION=TRHS[/img]

Were going to discuss it and either go back later today or tomorow when we decide which one.

Well we went.. I wanted to take every single one home! But we couldn't decide on a dogm its so much harder now that I've met them!

The border collie Riley was a true bc. He was so hyper. I got to take him to the yard, and he loves to play fetch. He's also pretty well trained and housebroken. Apparently he was adopted before and then returned cause his owners were moving :x.

My dad really likes this dog Diablo

[img]http://www.petharbor.com/get_image.asp?RES=Detail&ID=A068055&LOCATION=TRHS[/img]

But......

I swear Chaos's sister was there! They look exactally the same, even her weird ears! And her name is Chalise! she's a 6 moth old pit and she was so sweet! she kept licking me and whining at me through the bars. She even cries like Chaos! I took her too the yard and she stayed right by my side. Even though I do love bc's this one really tugged at my heartstrings.

[img]http://www.petharbor.com/get_image.asp?RES=Detail&ID=A068598&LOCATION=TRHS[/img]

Were going to discuss it and either go back later today or tomorow when we decide which one.

Yeah i think I've made up my mind......I love Chalise, but she is a pit and she were to ever become dog aggressive I wouldn't know what to do. Pluse we go to a huge dog park 2-3 times a day and I don't think I could just stop going cause its kinda like dogo, except without the computers.

I'm pretty sure I can give the bc enough excercise, like I said we go on three walks a day and I'd really like to do agility. (since I failed that with Lucky, he's afraid of the equitment :roll:) I wanted to start with Chaos but she is so independent that I don't know if it would work. And I love playing fetch but Lucky gets tired and stops bringing it back, and Chaos dosent like bringing it back at all :roll:.

I'll let you all know what happens.

They are both cuties. :D

But I must admit a preference for Diablo. His face is wonderful PLUS if he is your Dad's favorite it gives you a little leverage when it's time to purchase more toys, dog beds, special foods, obedience lessons, treats, etc. for your new dogger! :wink:

Good luck on making your decision! Any one you choose will be happy to have found you! :D

We got Riley the border collie. he's so sweet! You could tell how much he wanted out of that cage. Chaos is in love. Lucky is not a runner, but now she has someone to run to her hearts content with. I think they'll be great for tiring each other out. Chaos got a little aggressive when she saw that he was coming into "her" house but since he's not a dominate dog they worked it out just fine and now there wrestling by my feet. I feel bad for leaving the others behind though :( , but at least I was able to save one.

I'll post pics as soon as my camera decides it likes me again.