Dogomania

Dog Crap.....Dog Crap...

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Your Special Guest']Be honest and say what percentage of the time you do pick up your dog's poop! :o[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: As little time as i need to and as much time as it takes :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest Anonymous

[quote]and dont tel anybody but I flush it down my downstairs loo [/quote]
:lol: :o No clogs yet K?

I only pick crap up twice a week. I have several kennels, chain areas, as well as a fenced in front yard (seperate from the fenced back yard). But lucky for me I have someone who does it for me each and every day, except for the weekend. The kennels are scooped then washed off every day. The chain areas are scooped then raked every day. Water bowls filled. Lots and lots of work...

i pick it up each and every time ....

i live in the city and it's those folks who leave it that give all of us a bad name and cause more and more restrictions. it's just too many dogs and people to ever leave it!

i actually feel very strongly and always carry extra bags so that when i see someone walking away from their dog's poo I can offer it to them .... is that rude? i used to feel presumptuous, but it's rude to leave poop on the ground!

I pick it up once a week.

Nostalgia only goes once a day.....but then I've got honey to who i pup-sit and goes at least once a day. :o

I sometimes pick it up, but now most the time hubby picks it up before he mows.
I really don't feel like picking up doggie do-do after work. :-?

But I was great and mowed the lawn and picked up doggie do-do last week. :wink:

I pick up the poop in our yard every morning - takes about a minute.

I'm glad Indy doesn't like to go when we are walking - he tends to wait till he is at home. I still have a little pouch that holds plastic bags attached to the leash just in case though.

One of my biggest hates is people who walk their dogs, let them poo anywhere and then don't clean it up!

100% of the time. Bentley never goes out without me , I bought 4 little plastic garden shovels and have 1 in each corner of my yard. We have an alley and a drainage ditch behind our home so I toss it as soon as he goes. Even though it's little, I still don't want it stepped in and tracked inside. I have grandkids that play in the back and they don't watch where they step. Also like my backyard looking perfect!

Guest Anonymous

In the yard - always.
On a path,sidewalk, lawn, park or any similar public place - always (unless the boys have been extra prolific and I have run out of bags - in these cases I hope to see another dog walker to borrow a bag off of - so midori115 someone like you has saved me a couple times, keep it up)
In the undergrowth in the woods or in the undergrowth on canoe trips - no.
I have baggies in my jackets, baggies in my car, baggies in my bag, baggies everywhere!

I clean my dog yard once a day NO EXCEPTIONS, sometimes twice, especially if I'm taking them out for a run- It's not a very pleasant experience to try to get harnesses on when somebody has a poop-foot! The more you clean up the lower your bills are for de-worming and such. Just makes sense. Plus, huskies are very prim and proper when it comes to clean. most of mine won't even step in a puddle.

We scoop everyday. My 2 sons will do it after school, or I'll do it if they can't get to it.
We installed a doggy dooley system in the spring and that thing is amazing! We just drop the poop into it, and it disinigrates by weeks end.
No more flinging or wrapping it up in grocery store plastic bags for the trash!

To answer the question Nadooshkinz asked if anyone trained their dogs to poop in 1 spot. We did. We also trained them to poop and pee on command. It took alot of time and hard work, but it is worth it. We just have to say " Get Busy " and the dogs know what to do next. We clean the yard after every bathroom break which is 3 times a day. The morning is my boyfriend, after school is my son and after diner is me. YUCK!! :grab: 3 big dogs equals 3 big loads

Not very often :oops:
When we walk the dogs run out into the feild of long grass where no one goes, so its ok. At home Lily always goes in the poo corner, kind of hangs her bum right over it!! Tessa goes in the general area of the poo corner and Donna just goes where ever!!! Which is no good, because Lily and Tessa are completely on the BARF diet so their poo's turn to powder and dissapear within a few days anyway so I wouldn't have to pooper scoop even if they did go any where else, Donna on the other hand gets dry food as well as BARF, so her poo's don't just dissapear in a few days and so I have to pick them up!!! Dad should really do it, seeing as she's his dog, but I don't really mind that much because at least when I pooper scoop I can see how the dogs digestion is working etc by taking note of what their poos look like. You don't seem to notice Puddles' poo's, we've got a pretty big back yard, plus she is fed BARF and they dissapear in a few days anyway so by the time I get around to picking up Donnas poos Puddles' are pretty much impossible to find.