Dogomania

Where I was yesterday...

Peng1zrule

My "new" neighbors moved out. Now, they were never friendly to me and I had wondered why until I realized I was NEVER outside without a dog, and these are not 'pet people' I saw thier kid kicking a stray cat, and they got two pups that they took off to who knows where after they ripped up the trash.
Anyway, yesterday afternoon was so beautiful, and warm but not hot or humid, I had all my dogs out, enjoying it. Gypsy and India in thier pen, Buddy tethered to a tree, Sandy and Calliope chasing each other, Fang sitting in my lap (Fang is a siberian husky...not a very comfortable lap dog but he doesn't know it)
I was watching them move in and then I realized how I must look to everyone else...you know, I didn't even think about it until I noticed all the cars passing were going extra slow to get a good view of the "dog lady" and her fur kids...I always knew I was rather entertaining, LOL.

Midori, sounds to me like your mum is very wise!!! So true :wink:
My best friend always says she doesn't like dogs, but when ever she's around them she'll give 'em a pat and smother them :lol:
People who don't like dogs and just don't have anything to do with them are different to people who don't like dogs and take it out on the dog. I don't mind people who come over and simply don't pat or pay any attention to the dogs, but the people who will yell at them and actually show thier dislike is another thing, what has the dog ever done to them? :-?

Guest Mutts4Me

My boss is scared to death of dogs, or any living creature besides people, really. But she sometimes asks about them, and she always wants to see pictures if I bring them down. It's funny :) But if ever I bring Sasha, my shep/chow down for a lunchtime picnic (I live just down the road from work), I can't bring her anywhere near my boss, who gets nervous if she can even see the dog in person. She says there were no biting incidents in the past, she's just been afraid of them for a very long time.

Amber

[quote name='midori115']i agree .... my mom always said --

"there are two kinds of people in the world .... dog people and the rest ..."[/quote]

I like that quote! I'm proud to be one of the DOG people! :)
Most of my friends are animal people too. I tend to like/trust them alot more than others. Thats not always, of course, I have a few friends who just aren't perticurally interested in animals, but they always pet my pigs and mice (if they aren't scared of them. How can you be scared of a little pet mouse??!) But last week when my science teacher was saying how some sickos at her old job put a mouse in the microwave and it exploded, the people who I don't like in my class are the ones that laughed. All of the people in my family, and my grandma, grandpa, aunts, uncle, cousins etc. are animal people. Its wierd. I wonder if its something you inherit? :-? :lol:

Agreed Mei-Mei, people who don't like animals (any animals that is) are weird.
Mum never really liked cats much until Lily turned up- and now who is the spoilt queen of the house and who spoils her the most...? :lol:
I have some friends who are definitely "cat" people and "dog" people- but that doesn't mean they would act in a cruel fashion towards a type of animal they disliked. Dad doesn't like cats, but he wouldn't deliberately hurt one, for example. I'm not really fond of rats, but I could never deliberately hurt one.

Non-animal friendly people are okay... but people who don't like animals... well... weird! :-?

I hope you have dog friendly people as your next nieghbors... then you two (or three or four) will be the "doggie people". It would be cool! So sorry to hear you had such weird people as nirghbors....

I'm so dog crazy! :lol: At school I am known for my love of dogs.. and people are constantly coming up to me and giving me pictures of dogs and asking "What breed is this?" :lol:

I for one did not inherit my dog/animal love. Came from the heart baby! :wink: