Dogomania

Food...again..something else too

eggrolyn1223

Does anybody have any info on Halo Pets? They sell canned food and holistic stuff, like shamppos and treats and stuff like that...I wonder if anybody's used their products before..it's pretty expensive, but if it actually does any good, who cares? They say moist food is way better than dry..Duck's been itching a lot lately, and chewing on her front leg, and I know its not fleas cuz we use frontline topspot, she has dry skin or something.Also, her ears are smelling pretty bad and the earwash im using now doesnt seem to be working..Any suggestions?

If she has a flea allergy, just the bite of one could cause it.

Halo is Anitra Frazier's company I believe, she writes books on holistic cat care. I use their ear wash although I add raw apple cider vinegar.
Vinegar kills yeast so it is good for yeast ear problems. You can get a discount on Halo products through [url]www.petfooddirect.com[/url] and sign up for their email list or discount club or whatever they call it. I'm not familiar with their food, but there are many fabulous well priced foods like Natural Balance and Canidae that aren't expensive.

Did you recently change foods? Shampoos? Laundry detergent?
Anything you can think of that may be causing her itching? I assume it just started recently?

All of the Halo products are fantastic. The food is called Spots Stew and the dogs LOVE it. But it is far too expensive to feed exclusively. You could however make your own stew. In fact, if you would be interested in something like that, there is a book called "The Barker's Grub".

Fantastic book with many recipes for home cooked food.

However, I do not agree that wet food is better than dry. And there are many great dry foods that work well for allergy prone dogs.

Does anyone know of a good flea and tick prevention thing that is applied orally? Duck hates it when I try putting frontline on, she runs around and barks at me, if I try to give her a treat so she'll let me do it, she takes the treat and runs away with it...she'll take food, even if its gross...i can put it in peanut butter or something...